PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e Demigods

LordOfCain
2015-08-31, 01:02 PM
I'm attempting to make a campaign in the PBP section where all of the characters are demigods. I intend on giving each of them a divine rank of 0 but how should I show what parent they have???

Omnicrat
2015-08-31, 01:16 PM
That is no where near specific enough a question. Either have it be relfected by race or by class. I mean, base stats could also reflect it. You don't have to add something special if you don't want to. Also, they don't technically even NEED a divine parent. They could have earned their divine rank of 0. But that doesn't work well if its a low level campaign.

ArkenBrony
2015-08-31, 01:29 PM
you could also play with bloodlines; a free major bloodline or something.
you could also give templates to apply based on parentage.
or as Omnicrat said, just make their race and class choices reflect it.

LordOfCain
2015-08-31, 02:08 PM
Maybe I could use a free feat like Power Attack, or a Spelltouched feat...

Omnicrat
2015-08-31, 03:30 PM
Maybe I could use a free feat like Power Attack, or a Spelltouched feat...

Okay, you need to be A LOT more specific with what you want/need here. Whats going on in the world? Are demigods common? Why do they need something special OTHER than the fact that they are a demigod in the first place? Power Attack as a bonus feat because you're dad was the god of fighters doesn't make sense to me. Why not just BE a fighter to show that?

Orderic
2015-08-31, 04:56 PM
You need to be a lot more specific than thatn
You could just let them reflect their heritage in how the character is built.
If you really want to, you could give each character a template appropriate to their divine parent or simply use different races for different gods. A child of Pelor might be an Asimaar, of Moradin a dwarf, Zarus a human, etc. The divine part itself is already represented by Divine Rank 0.