PDA

View Full Version : D&D Theives' Guild

Deckmaster
2007-05-10, 02:32 PM
Day 1:
"To: The Mayor of Commoner's Village

To Whom It May Concern,
For many years, the fair city of Luna has been plagued by theives belonging to a guild. Our recent efforts to try and remove the Theives' Guild from our city have been for the most part successful; however, there is some concern that theives from Luna may enter and try to establish footholds in smaller villages. We have reason to believe that a small number of them may have entered your village, and integrated themselves into your local community. Take caution.

Signed, Constable F. Leon"

This is the note found on the body of Deckmaster, a courier sent from Luna to Commoner's Village. He lies dead on the footsteps of the Mayor's house. A dagger is in his back.

Deckmaster, a courier, was assassinated.

The Roster:
1. Atreyu the Masked Llama
2. DarkCorax
3. Exachix
4. Gnome Barbarian
5. Vonriel
6. Warpfire777
7. weebl

The Graveyard:
Deckmaster, a courier, was assassinated on Night 0.
Bassetking, a Druid and the Cleric, was lynched on Day 1.
Castaras, a Druid and the Ranger, was assassinated on Night 1.
Inky13112, a Commoner, was lynched on Day 2.
Kantur, a Commoner, was auto-lynched on Day 2.
Kyrian, a Druid, was assassinated on Night 2.
Pingcode20, the Shadowdancer, was lynched on Day 3.
Lord Fullbladder, a Rogue, was auto-lynched on Day 3.
Captain van der Decken, a Druid and the Wizard, was assassinated on Night 3.
janusnori, the Blackguard, was lynched on Day 4.
[Insert Neat Username Here], a Commoner and the Monk, was auto-lynched on Day 4.
Raistlin1040, a Commoner, was auto-lynched on Day 4.
Alarra, a Commoner, was assassinated on Night 4.
Shadow, a Rogue, was lynched on Day 5.
Rumda, a Commoner and the Sorcerer, was auto-lynched on Day 5.
Helgraf, a Commoner and the Bard, was assassinated on Night 5.
Zeb the Troll, a Commoner, was lynched on Day 6.
Selrahc, a Commoner, was auto-lynched on Day 6.
Strategos, a Commoner and the Rookie, was auto-lynched on Day 6.
Emerald Rose, a Commoner and the Barbarian, was assassinated on Night 6.
Ink, a Rogue, was killed by the Barbarian on Night 6.

The Roles:
Barbarian: Rage: The Barbarian can take out 1 other person when killed. If lynched, the Barbarian can take out one of his accusers; if assassinated, he will take out a Rogue at random. If killed by other means, he takes out his attacker. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Bard: Works the Illusionist/Witch/Warlock. False Vision: He can make 1 player appear to have a different role and alignment to Investigate or Hide in Plain Sight, but not to Detect Good/Evil or Track. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Blackguard: The Paladin's evil counterpart. Detect/Smite Good: As one of Evil's most resolute champions the Blackguard's ultimate objective is to eradicate good above all else. The Blackguard can either "Detect Good" at night, or kill someone who's Good. Detect Good shows the Blackguard a player's alignment, but not their role. The Blackguard can only kill someone they've detected as Good. Wins if all Good players are killed. Must be evil and a Rogue.

Chief: Works like the Seer. Investigate: Can see if someone is a Commoner or a Rogue, their alignment, and if they have a special role. Must be Good and cannot be a Rogue.

Cleric: Raise Dead: The Cleric can raise 1 player from the dead 1 time during the game. This person can't vote, be voted for, or be assassinated for 3 days. This person has a chance of having their alignment switched upon resurrection. The Cleric cannot use this ability on himself. This action does not reveal the Cleric. Even after they use this ability, they will still be revealed as the Cleric when killed. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Commoner: Works like the Villager. Basically, it means you are not a Rogue. May be good, evil or neutral.

Druids: Works like the Masons. They know each other and know that the other druids are not Rogues. May be good, evil or neutral, but cannot be a Rogue.

Duelist: Works like the Baner. Canny Defense: He can protect 1 other person or himself from assassination every night. May be good, evil or neutral, but cannot be a rogue.

Fighter: A veteran of many battles, the Fighter can defend himself from almost any attack. Although even his skill and determination can be overcome. Combat Expertise: The Fighter has a 50% chance of surviving a Smite Good/Evil or assassination, but not an attack by a Sorcerer or Wizard with an offensive ability. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Monk: Evasion: Having reached the pinnacle of Monkhood, perfecting both Body and Mind, the Monk can survive blows that would kill a normal person. The first time the Monk is killed in any way (except autolynching), the result is ignored and the player revealed as the Monk. If he is resurrected, he regains use of Evasion. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Paladin: Detect/Smite Evil: As one of Good's most resolute champions the Paladin's ultimate objective is to eradicate evil above all else. The Paladin can either “Detect Evil” at night, or kill someone who’s Evil. Detect Evil shows the Paladin a player's alignment, but not their role. The Paladin can only kill someone that they‘ve detected as Evil. Wins if all Evil players are killed. Must be good and cannot be a Rogue.

Ranger: Track: The Ranger can tell who is a Rogue and who isn't. Works like the Chief, only he can't see roles beyond Rogue and Commoner. Track is not affected by False Vision. May be good, evil, or neutral, but cannot be a Rogue.

Rogue: Works like the Wolf. The Rogues vote every night to decide who to assassinate. Their goal to is to take over the village. They will do this by assassinating the Commoners one by one until their numbers are equal. May be good, evil, or neutral.

Rookie: Works like the Fool. Thinks he's the Chief. Investigate: Tries to see if someone is a Commoner or a Rogue and their alignment, but gets a random result instead. Sees the Chief as the Rookie. If the Chief is killed, he becomes the Chief for real, including becoming good if he is not already. Thinks he is good, whether he really is or not, and cannot be a Rogue.

Shadowdancer: Works like the Devil. Hide in Plain Sight: He can spy on people from the shadows and see if they have a special role. Must be evil and a Rogue.

Sorcerer: Power Over Versatility: Picks 1 of 7 schools at the start of the game and gains an ability based on that school. The ability will be more powerful than either of the Wizard's abilities. May be good, evil, or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Wizard: Versatility Over Power: Picks 2 of 7 schools at the start of the game and gains abilities based on those schools. Neither ability will be as powerful as the Sorcerer's lone ability. Can still only use 1 ability per night. May be good, evil, or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Night 5 ends at 7:00 PM, EST Saturday

Gnome Barbarian
2007-05-10, 06:10 PM
"Who would do this to deckmaster... was sucha good courier? I vow to help fidn the killer of my friend Deckmaster!!"

He looks around at everyone suspiciously.

Helgraf
2007-05-10, 09:34 PM
"Killing the messenger? That's dirty. Leaving his message and body behind seems quite careless to me though. Do you suppose it's supposed to be a fear tactic? You know - that the thieves are so well infiltrated that they don't care that we know they've infiltrated? Unpleasant bit of business that."

Bassetking
2007-05-10, 10:51 PM
Raistlin1040, I point at you.

*Striding across the square, boots clacking against the Cobblestones, Sandolphus Q. Bassette advances. The chain of his office as the president of The Luna Commoner's City Homeowner's Associtation clicking and clanking in his labored, rapid furor.*

You've painted your house in colors contrasting to the theme of your neighborhood, have been negligent in upkeep, and persist in allowing your roof tiles to face WEST. ALL in FLAGRANT Violation of Homeowner's Association Rules! The only kind of person that would do something like that would be a filthy, low-down, no-good THIEF.

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-11, 12:53 AM
((Hmm. I'm having trouble coming up with an RP idea for this one. How about Luke Duke (and not that lame-o from the movie either, I'm talking about Tom Wopat)?))

*A bright orange Charger comes racing up to the Duke family farm, kicking up a thick cloud of gravel and dust as it slides to a halt right next to the porch. A strapping young dark haired man crawls out of the driver's side window wearing tight jeans and a tighter t-shirt.*

Uncle Jesse! Someone's gone and laid out Enis, errr, Deckmaster right there on main street. We're not sure who all's involved, but one thing's for certain, Boss Helgraf is behind it.

*Luke The Duke, without waiting for a response, runs off to the barn to gather up some exploding arrows for his compound bow.*

Alarra
2007-05-11, 06:53 AM
Alarra points at Rumda.

Ink
2007-05-11, 07:48 AM
((Hey Deck, any chance of including the role descriptions in the first post?

Deckmaster
2007-05-11, 07:58 AM
Ask and ye shall receive.

Also, the name of the village this is taking place in is Commoner's Village. Luna is merely where the Rogues come from. I made up those names on the spot; can you tell?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-11, 08:46 AM
(I'll point later. I'm reviewing voting patterns now.)

Ink
2007-05-11, 09:49 AM
* Ink points at... Captain Decken

((First day and all, since he pointed at me in another game I figured I'd return the favour.))

Castaras
2007-05-11, 09:53 AM
A young drow archer leans on her longbow, watching those from the safety of the forest shadows. She smirks, eyes suspicious of everyone. A snarling, spitting wolf makes its slow way over to the spot beside her, fangs dripping with blood and saliva. She smiles at the wolf.

Come, my friend.

She steps out into the light, heading down to the village. She turns to regard those in the village square.

We heard you were having a few roguish problems, that we may be able to help with.

She regards those in the square, turning to regard(point at) Kantur.

You. Where were you when these things happened?

Exachix
2007-05-11, 11:02 AM
Exachix looks around and hmms... looking and evaluating.

EmeraldRose
2007-05-11, 12:27 PM
The moon elven dancer steps out of the village's only tavern, having heard a messenger was murdered, trying to understand why...Who would tempt the gods by destroying one who was protected by them?

She sees in the square one of her dark elven cousins, whom she immediately suspects as having a hand in this disgraceful act, and the Emerald Rose points at Castaras. Who are you, Dark One, who just happens here, when a foul wind blows through our village?

Castaras
2007-05-11, 12:36 PM
The drow tilts her head slightly, smirking, leaning on her longbow.

So...one of the filth related to our race lives here. One of those who betrayed us.

The drow spits on the ground in disgust, before turning her darkest glare on the moon-elf.

Why I've come? Maybe because I would rather see this village still standing, rather than ran by rogues. Have you seen what these rogues would do? Burn the trees. Destroy the place I live in, hunt in, idle away the time in. Stupid little moon elf. Can't you see that I would only want the better for this village? The village that encourages the wildlife here? The village that leaves me to my own ends?

She studies the handle of her bow, idly drawing it, flexing it carefully. The wolf growls, watching the moon-elf with a blood thirsty look in its eyes.

Oh, I could spin many a tale of the villages that find me, and try and kill me. None succeeded though...

The drow chuckles darkly.

EmeraldRose
2007-05-11, 12:56 PM
The Emerald Rose is intrigued by the words of her dark cousin, and stops pointing for now.

You speak as though you truly love the forest. I confess I find myself at a loss, and somewhat reluctant to believe you. You insult out of one side of your mouth, and speak of beauty out of the other. Convince me of your desire to see the forests undespoiled and the people here kept alive and free. Denounce her whom your people serve. Then perhaps we can work together to discover who has done this.

Kyrian
2007-05-11, 01:01 PM
Kyrian pulls a llama and points at Exachix

((I won't be around much this weekend, if at all, so I kindly ask to refrain from autolynching me.))

Castaras
2007-05-11, 01:05 PM
The forest is my home...the place I spend all my days. How could I not love its beauty...

The wolf's snarling quietens slightly.

Denounce the one my people serve? I assume you are speaking of Lolth, queen of spiders? True, I may acknowledge as one of those who saved our peoples. But no, I do not "worship" her, as such.

The drow smiles cruelly.

But of course, nature isn't only beautiful...Nature has her other sides to the spectrum of plants and animals...Not all of them are cute and sweet sides...

EmeraldRose
2007-05-11, 01:10 PM
The silver elf seems to relax a little. Then you are not a follower of the Spider Queen? Perhaps we can work together after all...I am myself one who loves the forest and all its myriad forms of life.

The Emerald Rose looks around at the others gathered. Someone here must have seen something...

Exachix
2007-05-11, 01:14 PM
Exachix watches the banter... his own wood elven form slightly unnoticed by the others.

Shadow
2007-05-11, 02:29 PM
The gnomish inventor that lives within the village comes running out of his home holding something in his hands.

That something seems to be smoking a bit....

"Look what I've discovered! I've figured out a way to turn ordinary bread into an....."

Kaboooooom!!!

The smoldering bread explodes in his hands and takes off two of the gnome's fingers.
With his good hand he throws the remains at Warpfire777.

As a trail of smoke rises from his ears and hair, the little gnome heads back to his home/lab and mutters "Back to the drawing board...."

Gnome Barbarian
2007-05-11, 05:01 PM
The other gnome is the village looks at the inventor and shakes his head.

"Dude thats not cool, Im the gnome of the village."

He continues to shake his head as he looks at who is pointing at whom.

Weebl
2007-05-11, 05:07 PM
Exlpoding bread? Only a rogue could invent that!
I point at Shadow!

EmeraldRose
2007-05-11, 05:41 PM
The dancer watches the gnomes arguing over the explosion and wonders if either of them could have been involved in the murder.

Shadow
2007-05-11, 05:48 PM
"Dude thats not cool, Im the gnome of the village."
The inventor sticks his still smoking head out of the window and replies "Yeah, well there's a new Deputy in town! I wanted to be Sheriff, but they told me that I was too short...."
After the gnome's head disappears within his lab a loud *Clang!* is heard before a purple gopher runs out of the door.
The charred gnome chases it out the door and yells "
Come back here daggnabbit! I need you to power the wheel that runs the bal...."
His voice is lost in the woods as he pursues the renegade gopher.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-05-11, 06:45 PM
A rather scrawny specimen of the goblin variety, sitting in a formerly neatly-swept-up pile of dust at the side of the street/square, looks up from his large, ungainly book to watch the inventor run into the woods.

"Gnomes," he says, shaking his head slightly.

Then, having realized he reached the end of a chapter, he stands up to stretch his legs and find out the latest happenings. Then, after learning everything there was to find out, he decides he agrees with Duke Luke, or whatever, and points passively at Helgraf.

That done, he returns to his book.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-05-11, 06:53 PM
Shadow's invention seems quite roguish. And we all know that "rogue" really means "thief." Points at shadow

Deckmaster
2007-05-11, 08:00 PM
The Mid-Day Report:

Okay, I know it's a couple of hours late. I couldn't get on earlier. Hopefully this won't be a repeating pattern.

So far, the vote is divided amongst numerous suspects. This is to be expected; it's only Day 1. Here's the votes so far:

Shadow
weebl
Total votes: 2

Helgraf
Lord Fullbladder
Zeb the Troll

Warpfire777
Shadow
Total votes: 1

Exachix
Kyrian

Kantur
Castaras

Captain van der Decken
Ink

Rumda
Alarra

Raistlin1040
Bassetking

Helgraf
2007-05-11, 11:43 PM
I doan want to do this, but I doan want to die either.

* Helgraf points at Shadow *

Someone please give me a better target before nightfall?

Bassetking
2007-05-11, 11:52 PM
Switches point to Rumda

And you! Always leaving the flag on your mailbox in innapropriate positions!

inky13112
2007-05-12, 08:02 AM
Hmm. Personally, I'm leaning towards lynching BassetKing. This is because he was the first to point today. Of course people are going to say, but what smart rogue would point first and thus attract attention to himself, seeing as they already know someone will die on the first day, and don't need to kick it off. Well that reasoning is exactly WHY a rogue would point first. People tend to automatically assume the first pointer is innocent. You can see excellent examples of this in games like WW VI in which Castaras repeatedly dodges a close lynch. Therefore a smart rogue would be the first to point on the first day, thus making himself look more innocent.

In addition to this reasoning, notice how he has changed his point. He was pointing at Raistlin, but when he saw no one was going for it, he switched to Rumda, who there is already a vote for. He didn't switch to one of the two vote people as that would seem suspicious, but instead brought another 2 vote person to the scene, trying to give lots of options for us villagers to kill.

Better enough reason for you Helgraf?

I point at Bassetking

Castaras
2007-05-12, 08:06 AM
The drow archer sits by the fountain, taking out her rapier and wiping it gently with poison.

The squirrel has a point, y'know.

She guestures vaguely in the direction of Bassetking, before going back to tending to her weapons.

Vonriel
2007-05-12, 08:35 AM
Vonriel looks up from where he's playing checkers on the front porch of a building. Bah, overanalyze much there, inky? Ooh! Triple jump.. Anyway, if you ask me, I say that crazy inventor has to go. It's only a matter of time before he blows up the village. Vonriel points at Shadow. Hah! And that's game, ya old coot! Knew you couldn't beat me. He shakes the hand of the random NPC he was playing checkers with, before gesturing to a new opponent.

pingcode20
2007-05-12, 08:35 AM
((Please don't lynch me for the groaners :smalleek: :smalltongue:))

Sitting in the market quarter is a small shop with a 'closed for renovations' sign in front of it. The door swings open, and a gnoll walks out, peeling off the sign from the window and hanging a merchant's board on the pole.

'Pingcodetrain, Venn and Nole Trading'

The gnoll then notices the commotion surrounding Bassetking.

"Hey, it looks like there's some sort of commotion out there!" exclaimed Gregory Nole, the Gnoll, the 'token shareholder' to prove the equal-opportunities claims.

An elf and a human rush out to see the spectacle.

"So the rumours are true." remarked Einwe Lefein Venn, minor shareholder and accountant.

"What rumours?" replied Roscoe Pingcodetrain, the proprietor and 20th in line for the Pingcodetrain family fortune.

"They say the Luna Theives' Guild has come to Commoner's Village."

"And we've just finished refurbishing the store! Now what?"

"We keep working. If we flee or close down, the theives will have won."

They walked as a group to the town square, to find out more about what was happening.

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-12, 08:43 AM
((Bah, you can't be Patrick Engcode. I was gonna use you as Roscoe Pingcodetrain. :smallwink: ))

Rumda
2007-05-12, 08:50 AM
you were quick to change your mind there Bassette, you know I faced hordes of demons and undead in the past but ever since I moved here and hung up my whip, you have always been accusing me of every little thing that could possibly break one of your precious rules
I point at Bassettking

EmeraldRose
2007-05-12, 09:24 AM
The townfolks' suspicion seems to be leaning towards Bassetking who was indeed one of the first to have noticed the murdered messenger, and was the first to cast suspicion elsewhere.

Circumstances do indeed seem to be pointing at Bassetking.

The lithe moon elven dancer continues to search around the area for other clues to the murder.

Bassetking
2007-05-12, 10:15 AM
((Or, perhaps, Inky, I saw that Helgraf had asked for a better option. Knowing that he had asked for a preferable option over voting for Shadow or himself, I chose one of the remaining one-vote individuals to give Helgraf his better option.

In a PM I sent today at 12:54 AM to Helgraf I said: "Check the Thread, I've given you a better option than Shadow.

I'm doing this not because I've got suspicions of Rumda, I'm doing this because from what I've seen, Shadow tends to improve the caliber of the games in which he participates."

Helgraf himself can confirm this whenever he happens to read it.

I chose to vote first as it allowed me the opportunity to establish what feels like will be a fun character. As Atreyu recently said "If I get lynched in the pursuit of good RP in these games, so be it."

Castaras
2007-05-12, 10:34 AM
The archer looks over to her wolf, who trots over to her. It growls softly.

What's that?

She leans over to the wolf, who barks softly in her ear. She nods, and removes her finger from bassetking, before turning to point at Inky.

Helgraf
2007-05-12, 02:36 PM
Helgraf pauses .. wavering. "The new choices aren't really better than the old."

"To follow, or not to follow, that is the question. When in the course of lynching endeavors it comes a man's time to point, he must consider carefully whether tis better to run with his fellows or to roam his own path. I do confirm that Bassetking sent the message he spoke of. I do not know that this makes him any more innocent for that fact, though."

It does seem opinion has turned on him for his change in point, which purportedly was done on my behalf (if I am to believe his message). Forsooth, my finger rests not readily, but comes about to gesticulate in a warpish manner, to rest then and henceforth til night upon ...

* Helgraf points at Bassetking *

... and lo, black despair paid to deeds nobly cloaked.

((... and please ... Boss Helgraf?! :chokes: ))

Shadow
2007-05-12, 02:41 PM
I'm doing this not because I've got suspicions of Rumda, I'm doing this because from what I've seen, Shadow tends to improve the caliber of the games in which he participates."
((I thank you for that, but I'm sure that Rumda doesn't like it very much!))

Bassetking
2007-05-12, 03:12 PM
((I thank you for that, but I'm sure that Rumda doesn't like it very much!))

((For that, I am sorry, Rumda. Nothing personal, your name was just available among the other 1 vote options, and it's the one the random die-roll turned up.

Further, since I'm off to work, and will be unable to be here when I'm lynched, I'll just say this...

There could easily be a REASON that Inky wants me out of the way, beyond "You voted first".))

Shadow
2007-05-12, 03:14 PM
((unfortunately, as it's day 1, Inky would have no reason to want you out of the way unless you told him your role out of game. Nice try though.))

The gnomish inventor returns from the woods with a squirell.
"Since I couldn't find that danged gopher you'll do."
He enters his home/lab once more.

[edit] You (and you know who I'm speaking of) deleted your post there....
Interesting....

Deckmaster
2007-05-12, 06:09 PM
Day 1 Ends!

As the sun sets, Bassetking is led to the gallows, the first accused of being a Rogue. As he is led to the gallows, the monarch of hounds keeps his head high. The noose is placed around his head and the hangman pulls a lever, dropping the floorboards underneath. Bassetking dies instantly.

In a burst of white light, his soul ascends to the heavens. A search of his body reveals a branch of holly, a token of membership in the Druid's Circle, and a silver medallion, symbol of the god Pelor.

Bassetking, a Druid and the Cleric, was lynched. His alignment was Good.

The Final Vote:

Shadow
weebl
Vonriel
Total votes: 3

Helgraf
Lord Fullbladder
Zeb the Troll

Warpfire777
Shadow

Exachix
Kyrian

Captain van der Decken
Ink

Rumda
Alarra
Bassetking

Bassetking
Helgraf
EmeraldRose
Rumda
pingcode20
Inky
Total votes: 5

Inky
Castaras

Total voters: 16
Absent: 11

In danger of auto-lynching:
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Captain van der Decken
DarkCorax
Exachix
Gnome Barbarian
janusnori
Kantur
Raistlin1040
Selrahc
Strategos
Warpfire777

Night 1 Ends tomorrow at 7:00 PM EST!

Rumda
2007-05-12, 06:50 PM
((once again the cleric is the first role to die...))

pingcode20
2007-05-12, 06:58 PM
((Again. What is it with these clerics dying so easily?

More importantly, how did we manage to kill a CaDzilla? (Not just Cleric or Druid, but Cleric *and* Druid!

@Zeb: Roscoe Pingcodetrain... Brilliant! It's even more tacky! I'm going to use that.))

Bassetking
2007-05-12, 11:09 PM
((Ahyup. Druid AND Cleric. Who else would be the individual who overlooks the lawns and greenspace of the houses of Commoner city than a Druid :smallbiggrin:

And, so the townsfolk know, Deckmaster wouldn't let me ressurect the Courier. :smallwink:

Woo! First one to the Afterlife Buffet, and there's a Rhumba on the Fiesta Deck!))

Captain van der Decken
2007-05-13, 03:33 AM
A ghoul, smelling dead meat, slinks out of a nearby alley and drags the corpse away.

((Again. What is it with these clerics dying so easily?))

(Hey! The mage decided to blow me up. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:)

janusnori
2007-05-13, 09:58 AM
JanusNori wakes up in his bed hours after the sun has gone down...

"Oh dear lord, I slept the day away, mustn't let that happen again"

(( I really need to remember to subscribe to these threads!))

EmeraldRose
2007-05-13, 11:18 AM
The Emerald Rose is shocked at the depth of the disastrous mistake committed by the populace, a good cleric had been lynched...

We must take better precautions in the future that our information if correct! This kind of mistake must be prevented! This only benefited the thieves, and hurt us in our battle against them.

((Will there be any clues forthcoming? :smallconfused: ))

Shadow
2007-05-13, 11:41 AM
ER:Since you're a rookie at these games I'll lay it out for you.
The clues are provided by some of the players.
Usually this happens inadvertantly.
The only "clues" that we'll get are voting patterns of players and such. Pay attention to who's pointing at who and how people are acting.
Suspicios behavior usually = bad news.
As more days go on, it gets easier to spot some of the bad guys.
Certain people have special abilities to spot baddies or do other fun things during the night phase.
These people usually have to try and keep themselves seeming normal as well, or the baddies will kill them.

Part of the fun of these games is that they're run almost entirely by the plaers, and that the nararators only guide the game's events at the beginning of day and night (unless they need to step in for another reason).

That help explain it all?

EmeraldRose
2007-05-13, 11:46 AM
((Ahh...thanks Shadow. I must admit, I was a little confused about what was going on, or not actually.))

Deckmaster
2007-05-13, 06:00 PM
Day 2 Begins!

As written by the Rogues:
Castaras is nowhere to be seen in the morning, and on the door of her home is a note tacked to the front. It reads:

Sing a song of sixpence,
a pocket full of rye.
Four and twenty blackbirds,
baked in a pie.

When the pie was opened,
the birds began to sing.
Now, wasn't that a dainty dish
to set before the king?

The king was in his counting house,
counting out his money.
The queen was in the parlour,
eating bread and honey.

The maid was in the garden,
hanging out the clothes,
When down came a blackbird
and pecked off her nose!

The townsfolk then notice a smell coming from inside, and they burst into her home to find an enormous pie on the table. Breaking it open, they find the charred corpse of Castaras, contorted in a face of terror.

Added by the Narrator:
A shadowy hand reaches into Castaras' body and pulls her soul down into Hell. Searching her body reveals a branch of holly, a token of membership in the Druid's Circle, and a compass, commonly used in tracking.

Castaras, a Druid and the Ranger, was assassinated. Her alignment was Evil.

Day 2 Ends Monday, May 15 at 7:00 PM EST

2007-05-13, 06:12 PM
:smalleek: Why are important roles dying so fast?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-13, 06:12 PM
(This is not good.)

(yesterday I was unable to vote, since I fear Auto-lynching, I am going to vote for myself now. When more things happen, I shall vote differently.)

The llama points to himself

inky13112
2007-05-13, 10:28 PM
Wow them druids are dropping like flies. Pssst, you should wildshape into something different, youll just get swatted in that form :smallwink:

Hmm. As you may have noticed, 2 people came close to being lynched yesterday, before a counter bandwagon was started, narrowly saving them both. So the most suspicious are those who were part of the counter bandwagon, and those who were saved. Considering its just the second day, and therefore theres not much to analyze, this seems like the safest thing to base our votes on. The following people are suspicious then

Shadow
Helgraf
Inky13112
Pingcode20
Rumda
EmeraldRose
Helgraf

Shadow had 3 votes against him, which is a small mitigating factor, as it means he was less of a target for rogues.
Inky13112 started the bandwagon that saved Shadow and Helgraf, AND he got our cleric-druid killed. However he started the bandwagon, which if he were a rogue trying to save one of his friends, he would probably have voted for one of the people who already had a vote against them, or better yet, one of the ones with two votes (assuming there not both rogues). Also, I happen to know for a fact he's just a commoner, and he had no way of knowing he was killing a cleric-druid.
Pingcode20 Not particularly suspicious, though he did start the BassetKing bandwagon moving.
Rumda Rumda is relatively suspicious because she? got the bandwagon really moving, and he? was the one who BassetKing pointed at.
EmeraldRose Not much going for her being a rogue besides a vote in the wrong spot. Also she didn't seem to understand whats going on. The least suspicious of the bunch.
Helgraf Helgraf appears twice on the list. Not only did he have a bandwagon going against him that was narrowly averted, he was the deciding vote to get BassetKing killed, and had the smaller bandwagon of the two on the chopping block, implying that he might be a rogue because there were none to jump on his bandwagon. His only mitigating factor is that he may have been just trying to save himself. Overall the most suspicious.

I point at Helgraf.

2007-05-13, 10:51 PM
Sounds good. I point at helgraf

Helgraf
2007-05-14, 12:33 AM
So, I could either point at Shadow to save my own neck at the cost of his; which is how I started. Then I shifted my vote once a (ever so mildly) better candidate was put forward.

I knew if I didn't vote for Basset, then the counter-accusation (at that point) would have been that I was trying to protect a "fellow Thief". So yeah, I went with the bandwagon that was already underway, and for this, since he turned out to be a fellow commoner, you want to kill me.

Frankly, I would have gone with Rumda if the bandwagon for BK hadn't already been well underway by the time I got on to see if I could change my vote.

And I'm going to back that up with action.

* Helgraf points at Rumda *

Exachix
2007-05-14, 02:07 AM
Exachix leaves his home upon the morning and looks at the corpse of Castaras. He hmms and sighs at her death.

He looks around and waits before pointing at someone today.

Selrahc
2007-05-14, 02:12 AM
*Points at the Llama*

Since he professes to roleplay less when he is a wolf, and he has been roleplaying less this game.

Ink
2007-05-14, 02:32 AM
* Ink (temporarily) points at Zeb the Troll

Strategos
2007-05-14, 02:40 AM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u163/The_Great_Strategos/Psion_FoxFinished.png

Strategos the Psion walks out of his house, and heads toward the bakers to buy himself some bread when he hears an argument brewing. After listening to both sides speak he voices his own opinion on the matter. "Although it is true that Helgraf may be a Rogue based on what evidence we have, it could also imply that he has another role. With the amount of them we have running around unseen it's amazing that we all don't seem suspicious at times." He says. "Inky, I notice as well as those who voted for Bassetking yesterday you also listed the people who had decent sized bandwagon on your list. The question I put to you is: Why? In similar situations on the first day I only recall a bad guy being lynched on the first day once out of everything I've seen or read. It seems like you're including them in your list for the sole purpose of making Helgraf seem more suspicious then anyone else on your list. Do you have some ulterior motive for this? Perhaps you are hiding someone on the list and starting a bandwagon against Helgraf so that when or if he's lynched and he's shown to be innocent you can dismiss the list as incorrect, clearing the people on it for a few days while the Rogues thin our numbers." Strategos points at Inky13112 to emphasise his point.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-14, 06:10 AM
*Points at the Llama*

Since he professes to roleplay less when he is a wolf, and he has been roleplaying less this game.

(true, but he said that in a game where he was a wolf, so he was lying, so the fact he's hardly RP'ed means he must be a commoner. Not that it matters, I'll tell you how it goes down. About half-way through the game someone decides to point at the llama and everyone follows suit. His pleas and his logic will go unheeded and he will be lynched only to reveal his villagerness. The people will shake their heads and go "darn. He was innocent for once.")

Vonriel
2007-05-14, 09:29 AM
Hah! King me. I got you now - and no more turning over the table to keep from losing. Vonriel turns from his checkers game to listen to the way people are voting. Hmm, nothing too good, yet..

Castaras
2007-05-14, 09:36 AM
(( Aww...I was going to have so much fun with that role...:smallfrown:

Eh well. Go villagers! ))

Captain van der Decken
2007-05-14, 10:30 AM
The ghoul, noticing the commotion, wanders towards the crowd and listens intently to Stategos.

"Interesting. Perceptive, too."

He sniffs quizzically at Inky13112, and grins.

Exachix
2007-05-14, 01:37 PM
Exachix decides to Also Point at Inky

((Point removed lower down))

Warpfire
2007-05-14, 03:28 PM
Warpfire runs in late, panting heavily, and points at Helgraf.

"Seems logical."

inky13112
2007-05-14, 05:24 PM
Strategos the Psion walks out of his house, and heads toward the bakers to buy himself some bread when he hears an argument brewing. After listening to both sides speak he voices his own opinion on the matter. "Although it is true that Helgraf may be a Rogue based on what evidence we have, it could also imply that he has another role. With the amount of them we have running around unseen it's amazing that we all don't seem suspicious at times." He says. "Inky, I notice as well as those who voted for Bassetking yesterday you also listed the people who had decent sized bandwagon on your list. The question I put to you is: Why? In similar situations on the first day I only recall a bad guy being lynched on the first day once out of everything I've seen or read. It seems like you're including them in your list for the sole purpose of making Helgraf seem more suspicious then anyone else on your list. Do you have some ulterior motive for this? Perhaps you are hiding someone on the list and starting a bandwagon against Helgraf so that when or if he's lynched and he's shown to be innocent you can dismiss the list as incorrect, clearing the people on it for a few days while the Rogues thin our numbers." Strategos points at Inky13112 to emphasise his point.

And you would be right, EXCEPT that I was putting those who had bandwagons against them in because they were nearly killed, but then narrowly saved by a counter bandwagon. Therefore those who were saved are suspicious because of how they were narrowly saved, thus implying that they were rogues. (because if they were druids then the saving bandwagon wouldn't have been against another druid)

And while I agree I am suspicious, Why would I have kicked off the bandwagon against someone with no votes at the time of my pointing. First this makes me suspicious because I am seen as the starter of the bandwagon, and second it would be easier to get someone who's already close to being killed killed.

janusnori
2007-05-14, 08:46 PM
Helgraf or Inky?

Inky's reasoning for that list seems to be sound, it would make sense that there was a bandwagon formed to save the people on there.

But Strategos also seems correct in saying that Inky seems suspicious in his reasoning.

Furthermore, Strategos seems to be implying that Helgraf was saved by the druids, which while it could happen, it could just as easily be that he was saved by the rogues.

I think that the best course of actions is to see which one is correct, because that will tell us much about the motives of both strategos and Inky. If hes a druid as Strategos seems to be claiming, then Inky had a reason to get rid of him. But if he's a rogue then Strategos could be trying to save him.

Sorry, Helgraf if you aren't a rogue... but I think its the best bet I have right now.

*points at Helgraf*

Gnome Barbarian
2007-05-14, 11:01 PM
"Im not sure who is and who is not guilty...everyone seems suspicious to me. Especially this gnome who is threading in my waters." He then smiles all gnomishly.

*Gnome Barbarian points at Shadow

pingcode20
2007-05-15, 03:55 AM
Pingcodetrain left the store in the morning, leaving G. Nole and E.L. Venn to tend to the store while he did his duty as an upstanding citizen of the community.

"It seems clear to me that Inky here is attempting to strike down a fine member of commoner village by creating the illusion of a suspicion list, in order to safely kill Helgraf. Why else would he include him twice?"

He produced a copy of the accusations, transcribed by his clerical firm.

"All I can see here are six groundless accusations and an argument to deflect blame from yourself. You yourself argued that you had no way of knowing that Bassetking was the cleric and a druid, but you fail to realise that the same argument could be used to defend Helgraf, who found BassetKing's PM to be grounds for suspicion. Unfortunately, Mr. Inky, I'm afraid you've made more of a case against yourself than Helgraf.

*Points at Inky

inky13112
2007-05-15, 04:54 PM
Groundless?! Did you even read my arguments?! Those are the grounds upon which I accuse him, and they are a good deal more than you have produced!

And I am not saying that Helgraf should be killed for taking down a cleric and druid, I am saying that he is the most suspicious because of the dynamics of bandwagons, and how they have ciome together in this case to cast suspicion on helgraf. If that is all you can see, then I suggest you buy a pair of glasses. Or perhaps try opening your eyes.

Deckmaster
2007-05-15, 06:03 PM
We have a tie! Day is extended until 7:00 PM tomorrow, until this conflict is resolved.

Inky
pingcode20
Exachix
Captain van der Decken
Strategos
Total votes: 4

Shadow
Gnome Barbarian

Helgraf
janusnori
Warpfire777
Inky
Total votes: 4

Zeb the Troll
Ink

Llama
Selrahc
Llama

Rumda
Helgraf

Total voters: 13
Absent: 12

DarkCorax
Kantur
Raistlin1040
(Note: people who have not voted today are not on this list since the day is not ending yet.)

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-15, 06:14 PM
Hmmm, thought I'd pointed today. Guess not.

I point at Helgraf.

Alarra
2007-05-15, 10:20 PM
Alarra looks over the two apparently most logical choices. Inky seems the most suspicious to me. *Alarra points at Inky13112

Raistlin1040
2007-05-15, 10:23 PM
Points at Inky

EmeraldRose
2007-05-15, 10:26 PM
The silver elf dancer listens closely to the arguments flying back and forth between the other villagers. She begins to dance in order to clear her mind of the influences of the others words, the better to make her decision, as a life may hang in the balance. Faster and faster she whirls to a music of her own making, the steps- perfect, furious. The dust begins to conceal her from watchers eyes as she meditates in the dance, until at last, she slows, breathless...to point at inky13112.

Kyrian
2007-05-15, 10:38 PM
Kyrian points at inky. You have seemed the more suspicious of the two, and if you turn out to be innocent, I'm gunning after Helgraf tomorrow.

Rumda
2007-05-16, 02:15 AM
points at inky

Exachix
2007-05-16, 02:48 AM
Exachix Removes his point humming and thinking about Inky and his actions.

Realizing Auto-lynch possible... he Points at Kantur.

DarkCorax
2007-05-16, 03:40 AM
Gah! Didn't know this had started! I don't have time to read through it now, *Points at Inky8

Shadow
2007-05-16, 04:46 AM
The wee little inventor rushes out of his house/lab chasing the squirell this time. In his hands as he runs is a wooden box with a few holes cut in the top.
"Come back here you varment! I still need something to power the wheel!"
As the squirell zigs and zags through the crowd, the small gnome chases on and accidentally slams into Helgraf, sending the gnome sprawling into a puddle.

The squirell escapes.

"Watch where you're going you big oaf!" The inventor screams as he points at Helgraf. "if I don't get this finished by the end of the week it'll spell trouble. The concocktion that I've brewed to fit into the tubes doesn't exactly have much of a shelf life, you know!"

The wet and filthy gnome picks himself up and carries on into te woods yet again to find anther source of power for his mysterious creation.

Deckmaster
2007-05-16, 06:27 PM
Sorry I'm late. Voting is over (unless I count the votes and it's a tie again) but you're going to have to wait a little while longer for the update; I've been having a busy day today, and I'm not quite done yet.

Check back in an hour. Maybe sooner.

Deckmaster
2007-05-16, 07:20 PM
Inky is voted for, but the mob pulls Kantur to the gallows as well, suspicious of his continued silence. Nooses are dropped over their necks, and the fateful lever is pulled. Inky's soul ascends to heaven, while Kantur's lingers for awhile before just fading away. Searching their bodies reveals nothing out of the ordinary.

Inky13112, a Commoner, was lynched. His alignment was Good.
Kantur, a Commoner, was auto-lynched. His alignment was Neutral.

The Final Vote:

Inky
pingcode20
Captain van der Decken
Strategos
Alarra
Raistlin1040
EmeraldRose
Kyrian
Rumda
DarkCorax
Total votes: 9

Shadow
Gnome Barbarian

Helgraf
janusnori
Warpfire777
Inky
Zeb the Troll
Shadow
Total votes: 6

Zeb the Troll
Ink

Llama
Selrahc
Llama

Rumda
Helgraf

Kantur
Exachix

Total voters: 21
Absent: 4

Lord Fullbladder
Vonriel
weebl

Night 2 Ends Thursday at 7:00 PM EST

inky13112
2007-05-17, 07:48 AM
Now don't you feel silly?

Deckmaster
2007-05-18, 12:51 AM
I'll update tomorrow morning sometime.

Helgraf
2007-05-18, 02:36 AM
Now don't you feel silly?

I'm saddened that you were a villager. But happy that I'm still alive. I believe in the possibility we're both villagers, you see.

Exachix
2007-05-18, 03:34 AM
Exachix sighs and turns back to go home.

Deckmaster
2007-05-18, 08:32 AM
A head count reveals Kyrian is missing. The crowd travels as one to his house. Someone knocks on the door, and there is no answer. Someone opens the door and inside is the body of Kyrian. A dagger is sticking out of his back. His soul ascends to heaven.

Searching his body reveals a branch of holly, a symbol of membership in the Druid's Circle.

Kyrian, a Druid, was assassinated. His alignment was Good.

Day 3 ends Sunday at 10:00 AM, EST

Exachix
2007-05-18, 08:42 AM
Exachix sighs at the body.

"And another one's gone..."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-18, 09:02 AM
(Shock! I'd better introduce a character before the rogue's kill us all.)

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-18, 09:06 AM
*makes a mental note to spend the day kicking puppies and starting fires without a proper fire pit to prove that I'm not a druid. looks like being a druid is bad for your health.*

Alarra
2007-05-18, 10:55 AM
Wow....three druids killed already? What kind of crapiness is that?

Alarra sighs and looks around to see if anyone seems roguelike to her..

Helgraf
2007-05-18, 11:40 AM
Glarg. A lot of luck for the rogues or someone leaked the Druid list as oughtn't have is all I can figure. Either way, it sucks.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-18, 11:45 AM
(Helgraf was very suspicious the other day, apparently, since he was almost lynched.

My brain says that Alarra was the first to point to Inky after the tie and I know she has a knack for finding mason circles early, but she dies so early in every game that I can't lead the pointing against her.

Kyrian pulled the "I'll point at so and so, but if they're innocent, then I'm gunning for you." line that I claim wolves use a lot.)

(Sigh: one of the poeple on my suspect list was just killed by the theives. I suck at these.)

*points at Exachix* at least I can't go wrong with this.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-18, 02:02 PM
(get out there and be my chosen llama this game.)

I don't want too. I'll just die tonight.
(yeah...that's why I'm using you.)

but...but....fine, okay!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/poodlemc.gif

*This bizarre llama comes out and bleats nervously.*
"I want you all to know that I've been in contact with someone, who knows someone, who happens to be the seer and he has said that Pingcode is the shadowdancer."

Shadow
2007-05-18, 02:05 PM
((YEEEAAAHHH!!!! Psychadelic Afro Llama!))
((was that a point? Or are you just making a point?))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-18, 02:12 PM
(Psst! You forgot to point. I hope you're happy Shadow.)

The Poodle MC llama points at Pingcode 20*

Don't be too excited, Shadow...I was only chosen because I'll probably die today or tonight. He was going to bring back LLink this weekend.

Shadow
2007-05-18, 02:14 PM
((Sounds like a plan to me.
Let's test this Seer of yours.))

The inventing gnome comes running out of his house carrying a hammer, a poodle and some graham crackers and *points at Pingcode20

Alarra
2007-05-18, 02:16 PM
I'm all for following supposed seers. They're rarely wrong.

*Alarra points at Pingcode

Captain van der Decken
2007-05-18, 02:16 PM
*grins*

"Looks like a plan."

*points at Pingcode*

Warpfire
2007-05-18, 02:17 PM
"Indeed, let us discover the veracity of this man's vision. Hopefully we won't kill any commoners in the process."

Warpfire points at Pingcode.

janusnori
2007-05-18, 02:26 PM
Thank God, we finally have a lead!

*points at pingcode20*

Rumda
2007-05-18, 02:31 PM
rumda points a pingcode

Weebl
2007-05-18, 02:46 PM
Seeing that inky was good I am to vote for shaddow as he got lynched for being clever!

Exachix
2007-05-18, 03:01 PM
Exachix hmms and Points to pingcode

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-18, 05:34 PM
I'm going to take a chance and trust the technicolor yawn that the llama is speaking and point at pingcode.

pingcode20
2007-05-18, 06:31 PM
((Sigh... Alright, give me a bit of time to write my death scene...))

Strategos
2007-05-18, 08:04 PM
***Strategos points at pingcode20***

EmeraldRose
2007-05-18, 09:19 PM
The moon elf listens to the words of the rainbow-colored llama, and ponders the consequences of deciding incorrectly again. However, the possibility of inaction in such an important decision grates against her elven soul. The Emerald Rose points at pingcode.

Ink
2007-05-19, 12:10 AM
"A seer scry? Most excellent."

* Ink points at pingcode

Vonriel
2007-05-19, 12:42 AM
Vonriel performs a double jump on his latest checkers opponent. Hah. Take that. He glances over to where people are gathering to point at Roscoe Pingcodetrain. Wuzzat? We got the shadowdancer? Well I'll be.. Vonriel follows suit and points at Pingcode. He turns back towards the checkers board just in time to see his opponent triple-jump him in return. Feigning a really harsh sneeze, he deftly knocks the entire board onto the ground beside the table. Heh, sorry there, looks like we'll have to start over.. He grins mischeviously at his grumbling opponent, before starting to reset the board.

Deckmaster
2007-05-19, 08:45 AM
(Alright, with more than half the vote, I think it's safe to say that the day should end early. Sorry, Fullbladder.)

Day 3 Ends!

As written by Pingcode20 (with a slight edit by me):
As dusk falls, the townspeople reach a consensus, rallied by a llama who claimed he knew the Chief. The incensed townsfolk march on the offices of Pingcodetrain, Venn and Nole, which in the shadows cast by the setting sun was more ominous that the cheery clerical store they knew.

The door swung open, the front desks seem warped and twisted, their true nature apparent in the waning daylight.

A few brave souls volunteer to enter and root out the proprietor, venturing tenatively in with improvised weaponry.

As they crept down the corridoor, the two 'assistants' leapt from the shadows and slaughtered Lord Fullbladder before being killed by the others, their forms wavering and fading away.

Having dispatched of the false elf and gnoll, the group descended into the cellar, the way lit only by their torches and a number of candles located around the room. Finding a concealed passage, they pass through to find 'Roscoe Pingcodetrain' standing at an altar, with a swirling grey portal behind him. When he speaks, he sounds like a completely different person.

"So, you've come to confront me, fools. No matter. By tomorrow you shall all be dead, and I will have made my escape. Attack!"

He gestures at the townsfolk who have gathered to take him down, clearly expecting shadows to pour out of the portal and destroy his enemies. Instead, a pair of black claws reach out and grab his arms.

"What? NO!"

As the shadowdancer is dragged into the portal, the room becomes brighter and the swirling grey closes with the demise of its creator.

A thorough search of the premises revealed the bodies of the real Pingcodetrain, Venn and Nole, killed weeks earlier on a business trip to Luna. The man who had posed as the business owner was really Malar Arramoth, wanted in Luna for the Worship of Dark Gods.

Pingcode20, the Shadowdancer, was dragged into the Plane of Shadow against his will. His alignment was Evil.

As written by me:
A search of Lord Fullbladder's body reveals an ornate dagger, marked as being made in Luna. His soul lingers awhile before fading away.

Lord Fullbladder, a Rogue, was auto-lynched. Kinda. His alignment was Neutral.

(Pingcode's death scene was so great I had to share it with you mostly unaltered. I only changed the word Seer to Chief and marked Fullbladder as the one his assistants kill. Also, I put in his alignment; mostly unnecessary since the Shadowdancer has to be evil.)

Final vote:

Pingcode20
Vonriel
Ink
EmeraldRose
Strategos
Zeb the Troll
Exachix
rumda
janusnori
Warpfire777
Captain van der Decken
Alarra
Shadow
Llama
Total votes: 13

Shadow
weebl

Total votes: 14
Absent: 8

In danger of auto-lynching
DarkCorax
Gnome Barbarian
Helgraf
Raistlin1040
Selrahc

Night 3 ends Sunday at 10:00 AM, EST

Exachix
2007-05-19, 10:52 AM
Exachix smiles and goes to bed.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-19, 11:21 AM
(okay, since Cheif led games are not as exciting as detecting votes games, calling out the shadowdancer is going to be my last proxy announcement. Now the playing fields are more even again.)

pingcode20
2007-05-19, 05:02 PM
((Welp, I'm dead. Good job, Chief, whoever you are. I suppose it all comes down to vote analysis, now.))

Deckmaster
2007-05-20, 12:55 PM
Still waiting on the Rogues.

Captain van der Decken
2007-05-20, 01:11 PM
We could always just have no kill tonight.:smallwink:

Deckmaster
2007-05-20, 05:27 PM
Night 3 Ends!

A head count reveals Captain van der Decken is missing. A search party scours the village while a brave few head to his ship at the harbor. They don't even have to enter the ship to see his body tied to the stern of the ship, like some grotesque figurehead. They take his body down. His soul lingers for a little while before fading away. On his body, they find a branch of holly, a token of membership in the Druid's Circle, and on his ship, they find a large spell book, marked on spells of both Divination and Necromancy.

Captain van der Decken, a Druid and the Diviner/Necromancer Wizard, was assassinated. His alignment was Neutral.

In case you are wondering, the Wizard's abilities were Bestow Curse (which would make someone unable to vote for a day) and Scrying (which is exactly what it sounds like).

Day 4 Ends at 6:30 PM, EST on Tuesday.

EmeraldRose
2007-05-20, 09:30 PM
The Emerald Rose wakes from a terrible nightmare of voices speaking about her as though she were to be murdered. It was filled with images of a villager, once trusted, who turned out to be a villainous Blackguard. She was wrenched from these horrors with the sound of her own name filling her ears...

Private Message: Detect Good
Recipients: Deckmaster, EmeraldRose

Yesterday, 02:29 PM
janusnori
Pixie in the Playground

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will detect good on EmeraldRose

The Emerald Rose points at janusnori, the voice in the dream still filling her ears...

Helgraf
2007-05-20, 11:45 PM
Geez ... looks more and more like the rogues managed to get the mason list compromised. Sheesh.

DarkCorax
2007-05-21, 04:10 AM
Wow... we are soo badly screwed in this game... and EmeraldRose I don't quie get what you are pointing out with that, he's claiming to be the Paladin?

And to avoid autolynch *points at Rumda* I may change my point later with more infomation...

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-21, 05:02 AM
...and EmeraldRose I don't quie get what you are pointing out with that, he's claiming to be the Paladin?"Detect Good" is a distinctly Blackguard ability. A Paladin would Detect Evil.

I point at janusnori for now.

DarkCorax
2007-05-21, 05:49 AM
No Duh! *slaps self* that was really rather dumb of me. I saw "Good" and assumed paladin -_- *Points at janusnori*

Alarra
2007-05-21, 08:05 AM
Seems a bit silly for the blackguard to tell the person they're scrying that they're doing so, but hey, I'm not going to argue with it. Especially with as many druids as they've somehow managed to find.

*Alarra points at janusnori

Strategos
2007-05-21, 08:53 AM
Strategos walks out of his house and hears the Emerald Rose's tale of a warning from her dream. He then *points at janusnori*. He turns his pale blue gaze on the Moon Elf dancer. "It is most fortuitous that your dream revealed the name of one who wishes you harm. It is good to know that Evil's champion will not triumph on this day."

Ink
2007-05-21, 10:44 AM
((Eh? But why would the blackguard tell his target if he was scrying them? That doesn't make sense. I'm a bit suspicious of PMs being used as evidence since they could easily be made up. But why would Emerald Rose word it like that if she was making it up? Doesn't make sense either. Both cases sound fishy to me. Bah, I'll point at janusnori for now.))

Exachix
2007-05-21, 11:16 AM
Exachix hmms and Points to janusnori.

Helgraf
2007-05-21, 11:23 AM
* Helgraf points at janusnori *

Gnome Barbarian
2007-05-21, 12:38 PM
An illusionary double of the gnome points at janusnori

Shadow
2007-05-21, 06:08 PM
((at work and busy. no time for fluff.))

*points at janusnori

Warpfire
2007-05-21, 06:29 PM
Warpfire jumps in and points at janusnori.

Weebl
2007-05-22, 11:28 AM
WOO! I'm not losing! Point at janusnori

Vonriel
2007-05-22, 11:45 AM
Vonriel finishes setting up another game of checkers and makes his opening move, when he hears Emerald let everyone know about her dream. Huh. Weird guy. But I'm not complaining. Vonriel points at janusnori. He then turns back to face his newest opponent.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-22, 12:14 PM
*The multi-colored llama wakes up. This shocks him*

I'm alive. Does this mean I get a backstory now? Hmmmm...lets not make this unamimous

*The multi-colored llama points at Weebl*

Selrahc
2007-05-22, 12:29 PM
*Points at Janusnori*

Deckmaster
2007-05-22, 05:48 PM
End of Day 4!
Although EmeraldRose seems quite sure about the strange dream she had, the mob put the mysterious [Insert Neat Username Here] and Raistlin1040 up on the gallows alongside with janusnori. They are hung. Janusnori's soul is dragged down into hell, Raistlin1040's soul lingers awhile before fading away, and [INUH]'s soul ascends to heaven. Searching their bodies reveals a symbol of Hextor on janusnori, a symbol of St. Cuthbert on [INUH], and nothing special on Raistlin1040.

janusnori, the Blackguard, was lynched. His alignment was Evil.
[Insert Neat Username Here], a Commoner and the Monk, was auto-lynched. His alignment was Good.
Raistlin1040, a Commoner, was auto-lynched. His alignment was Neutral.

(Note: I wish EmeraldRose had asked me about that PM before admitting as evidence. I would have asked her not to use it. But seeing as she blindsided everyone with it, it's over with now and I'm forced to allow it. Plus, it's kind of janusnori's own fault for messing up like that.)

The Final Vote:

janusnori
Selrahc
Vonriel
weebl
Warpfire777
Shadow
Gnome Barbarian
Helgraf
Exachix
Ink
Strategos
Alarra
DarkCorax
Zeb the Troll
EmeraldRose
Total votes: 14

weebl
Llama

Total votes: 15
Absent: 4

Rumda

Night 4 Ends Tomorrow at 7:00 PM, EST

janusnori
2007-05-23, 12:30 AM
Indeed it is my own fault...

note to self: do not use PM screen name auto filler to find out how to spell people's screen names when you could have just looked at the thread...

But good luck to my fellow rogues... we would have killed you all a bit faster had I not made a mistake but they'll still get you!

Deckmaster
2007-05-23, 07:58 AM
I just read a PM EmeraldRose sent to me. It seems it didn't even occur to her to ask me about the PM, since apparently this happened in a game like this before and the person running it allowed it.

Let me just say that I am not any person who ran a werewolf game before, unless you are talking about Werewolf V, in which case I am. I will not necessarily allow something that someone allowed before, and I may allow things that someone didn't allow before. In the event you have a question about what I will and won't allow, PM me.

Also, she assumed I knew about janusnori's error since I got a copy as well. I respond to PMs I get quickly, once I notice they are there, and then delete them, so they don't start cluttering up my inbox. I run through them so quickly that I didn't, in fact, notice the mistake until I was reading through the thread and read ER's post.

The main problem I have with her using the PM is that it took away any shadow of doubt about janusnori's role. I feel that any evidence used in a werewolf game should be a little doubtful; otherwise, where's the fun?

Don't worry, I'm not penalizing her or anything. Just in the future, consult me, okay?

pingcode20
2007-05-23, 08:05 AM
((:smallredface: Heh heh... That would have been me. It was in Mafia III, and the Shadow Agents were on the verge of a Falcon victory [alternative win] when it got leaked. So, I fired off the PM and revealed myself as Baner in a bid to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Didn't work though, because they didn't have Strategos (devil) down. This stuff seems to backfire if not total.))

Deckmaster
2007-05-23, 04:49 PM
I have to end the night early. I'm not sure I'm going to be on at 6:30.

End of Night 4!

As written by the Rogues:
You wake... The upon what should seem like a pleasant day. You wonder out, in the joy of Alarra's birthday, forgetting the plague your home hides and fights.

Entering the town you see the banners celebrating another year of her life, and, indeed, it seems very joyous indeed. Thinking Alarra must desire a lie-in, you wander around, preparing and helping others.

Soon however, it is realized the birthday girl has not come out of her home today yet, and you form part of a group to wish her good tidings on this day.

You knock on her door, but no answer comes.

Carefully opening the door you walk in, carefully looking over the home for signs... You see presents from friends and family, still unopened, within her home. A sense of dread accompanies you as you ascend the stairs, and upon entering her lounge, you see signs of a scuffle on the carpet. Blood soaking in, staining the pristine floor. The door to her bedroom is swinging, and inside lies the body of Alarra, blood soaking into her bedclothes.

A fellow townsmember picks her up and you descend the stairs again... This joyous day blighted with the loss.

As written by me:
Her soul lingers for awhile before fading away. A search of her body reveals nothing out of the ordinary.

Alarra, a Commoner, was assassinated. Her alignment was Neutral.

Day 5 Ends Friday at 6:00 PM, EST

Helgraf
2007-05-23, 06:09 PM
Sonofabitch

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-23, 07:11 PM
Well......they didn't get a druid, but in Ye Olde West Zeb made it a point to kill El J on his birthday. Going for a trademark, buddy?

The llama points at Zeb the Troll.

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-23, 07:34 PM
Well......they didn't get a druid, but in Ye Olde West Zeb made it a point to kill El J on his birthday. Going for a trademark, buddy?

The llama points at Zeb the Troll.I was afraid that might happen. That was honestly my first thought. "Boop, they're going to think it was me because of Ye Olde West and El J." I'm being set up. In my defense, Alarra's death scene isn't my style at all.

On the other hand, it seems like the Llama would have seen the shell game for what it was. Unless, of course, he was trying to help others see the connection since it was his idea.

As a final thought, since I intend to keep playing these games, wouldn't it be downright foolish of me to try to establish a trademark?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-23, 07:41 PM
I

As a final thought, since I intend to keep playing these games, wouldn't it be downright foolish of me to try to establish a trademark?

Not at all. Trademarks are fun.

The llama points at Exachix

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-23, 07:50 PM

The llama points at ExachixTrademarks in the open like that, sure. A trademark werewolf trait would get you lynched every time.

I point at Helgraf.

Helgraf
2007-05-23, 08:48 PM
Now how many games is this you've been gunning for me now?

Sheesh. It's almost like ... a trademark, or something.

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-23, 09:16 PM
Now how many games is this you've been gunning for me now?

Sheesh. It's almost like ... a trademark, or something.Just this one. I haven't voted for you at all in the other game I'm in.

Exachix
2007-05-24, 02:07 AM

The llama points at Exachix

"The Llama's right. Trademarks are fun."

Exachix Points at the llama."

DarkCorax
2007-05-24, 04:00 AM
*I point at Rumda* Randomly

Also I am going to be out for a week, but I should have internet access for most of the week, please don't autolynch me if I ca't get on.

Deckmaster
2007-05-24, 11:02 AM
Noted. Someone please remind me if I put down DarkCorax as being in danger of auto-lynching.

Ink
2007-05-24, 11:08 AM
"Trademark or no, I think Zeb's on to something. Helgraf has had quite a few narrow escapes."

* Ink points at Helgraf

Helgraf
2007-05-24, 12:13 PM
Narrow escapes? Pshaw. A two-vote lynch on day one does not constitute a narrow escape. Personally I think the rogues are trying to pin me down for lack of a better target, as the vote keeps coming back to me with no better reasoning than "well, they voted for him before".

However, recent intelligence suggests to me that my running mate in round one may have, in fact, been a filthy rogue all along.

*Helgraf points at Shadow*

Shadow
2007-05-24, 07:00 PM
The little inventor rushes out of his lab/home.
"I heard someone speaking of intelligence out here.
You're intelligent? Come and help me with this contraption I'm building in here, would ya?
I can't seem to get the flywheel attached to the converter properly.
The damned gopher was utterly useless! And the squirrel's even worse!"
A loud *Crash!* is heard from inside before the little gnome rushes back inside again.

Weebl
2007-05-25, 01:05 AM
Helgraf, your time has come.

I point at Helgraf.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-05-25, 06:15 AM
Looks around at all the suspicious people.

*Gnome Barbarian points at Helgraf

((sorry for the quick post trying to get caught up.))

Helgraf
2007-05-25, 08:08 AM
Based on what evidence, exactly, has my time come?

That's the part I'm still waiting for someone to offer up.
What? On the fact that people pointed at me in the past?

Because that's proven oh so reliable in the past, right?

I know the bloody seer equivalent has already scried me as clean - if he or she or a proxy for them could bloody well step forward, I could use some support here.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-25, 08:46 AM
*The rainbow colored llama steps up* "I'll vouch for Helgraf's innocence for now. Also, since my player is going on vacation, I'll politely ask that the wolves eat me this evening. I don't wish to be lynched when I can't defend myself nor do I wish to be autolynched."

To ensure I am made a tasty snack, I leave you wolves this ultimatim. I know the identity of one of your kind. Inevitably another will be discovered by the time I return. If I'm not eaten by the time I return, I will release the names of these wolves and then I will laugh, alot."
"To the protector, if he's still alive, I ask that you not protect me."

The llama points at Weebl

Ink
2007-05-25, 09:36 AM
"Psst, we're hunting rogues, my gaudy friend. Rogues, not wolves."

Ink lowers his hand from Helgraf.

"Who am I supposed to point at then?"

"Bah, since he seems pretty eager to die."

* Ink points at Atreyu

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-25, 09:45 AM
(Psst. He's eager to get eaten. Not to be lynched. You seem eager to hang someone the Chief has confided in.)

Ink
2007-05-25, 09:50 AM
((Only because you wanted out, I'd never have pointed at you otherwise. I don't know who to point at now, so I just voted to lynch a player who wanted to die rather than someone who doesn't.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-25, 10:07 AM
(Hmmm...well...you can't point at Helgraf cuz he's a good guy. The other two options seem to be Shadow and Weebl.)

(The fact that Shadow is still alive is a little suspicious. he usually dies quickly. But "you're not dead yet, so I'm goign to kill you" seems wrong.)

Ink
2007-05-25, 11:37 AM
((Fine, fine, I'll let you fulfill your dream of becoming an after-dinner snack.))

* Ink drops his finger from the Llama and points at Warpfire

Warpfire
2007-05-25, 01:35 PM
Warpfire decides to join Helgraf in pointing at Shadow.

Shadow
2007-05-25, 02:03 PM
(Hmmm...well...you can't point at Helgraf cuz he's a good guy. The other two options seem to be Shadow and Weebl.)

(The fact that Shadow is still alive is a little suspicious. he usually dies quickly. But "you're not dead yet, so I'm goign to kill you" seems wrong.)
(That's the most rediculous reason that I've ever heard of to suspect someone.
It's funny, but rediculous.
I know that you're not pointing at me, but now others are.
I ask you ll to think about this for a moment.
On that matter, I'm still alive in WWC IV, WW VII: UL and Rebellion II. Does this now mean that I'm a target in all three of those as well?
Does this make me suspicious in al four games simply because I'm alive?
If he knows the name of a Thief, and he offers that it's suspicious that I'm still alive, why is he not pointing at me?
Why is he pointing at Weebl?
If Llama knows the name of a wolf and is pointing at Weebl, then I'm going to go with him on this....)

The air stands up on your arms and neck for a moment before your vision is blinded by a bright light. Immediately follwed by a loud *ZAP!*.

The little inventor flies out of his window in a smoldering heap.
Lying on the ground smoking, it appears that he's been electricuted.
When he finally stirs from the ground and rises he runs over to Weebl with a finger raised.
I told you that I wanted the red wire grounded!
The blue wire was for the control!
You almost killed me you dolt!"
The little gnome then proceeds back into his home/lab for more experiments.

Weebl
2007-05-25, 04:42 PM
Wait a sec... I've been scried clean, you have too, so who to point at...

Weebl lowers his finger.

Vonriel
2007-05-25, 04:48 PM
Vonriel looks up to see the crazy gnome pointing at weebl. Well, you could always point at him. He is pointing at someone the chief has cleared, after all.. He looks back down to the game just in time to notice and prevent the impending triple jump upon himself. Correcting the problem, he turns away long enough to point at Shadow before continuing the game.

Shadow
2007-05-25, 04:50 PM
((How do I know who the *Seer's* cleared? I'm not in your little group yet.))

[edit]
In an interesting turn of events....
A certain someone has just informed me that Weebl's bluffing.
This source could not confirm Weebl's claims of he and the llama being scried a safe.
I'll keep my finger where it is, thank you.

Deckmaster
2007-05-25, 05:50 PM
End of Day 5

Shadow is taken up to the gallows after a very close vote. Rumda is taken up to the gallows as well, for being too quiet in the past couple of days. They are lynched. Shadow's soul is dragged down into hell, as Rumda's soul ascends into heaven. A search of Shadow's body reveals an ornate dagger, marked as being made in Luna. On Rumda's body is found a bag of spell components, used mostly in Enchantment spells.

Shadow, a Rogue, was lynched. His alignment was Evil.
Rumda, a Commoner and the Sorcerer, was auto-lynched. His alignment was Good.

In case anyone is wondering, his ability was "Power Word Stun," which basically made him immune from attacks from single person sources, such as the Blackguard.

Final Vote:

Shadow
Vonriel
Warpfire777
Helgraf
Total votes: 3

Weebl
Shadow
Llama

Warpfire777
Ink

Helgraf
Gnome Barbarian
Zeb the Troll

Rumda
DarkCorax

Llama
Exachix

Total votes: 10
Absent: 5

EmeraldRose
Selrahc
Strategos
weebl

Night 5 ends at 7:00 PM EST, Saturday.

EmeraldRose
2007-05-25, 06:48 PM
((wait...I just got home from work and came in to vote! Now I'm in danger of auto lynching? I voted on the last day cycle! Did the day end early? What is going on? ))

EDIT...ok...7 EST...I'm on CST...

Deckmaster
2007-05-26, 01:18 PM
Bad news, everyone.

My internet access has gone bye-bye.

I'm not sure when I'll get regular internet access, but probably not for awhile. I'll probably be able to go to a library and keep running this, but it basically means I've got to end this night early, and I have to do everyone's role from memory, since that info is saved on my computer, and I'm not sure a library would let me use my own disk.

I'm posting this from a relative's computer.The nearest library to me is closed on Saturdays. So on Monday, I'll start doing things from there, and we'll have to not end days or nights on Saturdays.

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes anyone.

So,

End of Night 5

A head count reveals that Helgraf is missing. His body is found in his house, stabbed in the back. On his wall is a lute. His soul lingers for awhile before fading away.

Helgraf, a Commoner and the Bard, was assassinated. His alignment was neutral.

If I got your role or alignment wrong, Helgraf, please let me know and I'll correct it.

Day 6 ends Monday at 2:30 PM EST

Helgraf
2007-05-27, 01:46 AM
I *told* you I wasn't a rogue!

Weebl
2007-05-27, 01:57 AM
Zeb, you started the band wagon aginst Helgraf, why? Did you just point at random? Did you have a hunch? I doubt it. I believe you are a thief! Please state your argument but until then... Weebl points at Zeb

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-27, 02:42 AM
It was based on the first day RP and nothing else. I didn't expect any one to follow along with it.

Exachix
2007-05-27, 02:55 AM
Exachix hmms and listens.

"How can we be sure? You could have been planning that it was followed, only to deny it when you are pointed at."

He doesn't point... yet.

EmeraldRose
2007-05-27, 10:18 AM
The moon elf listens to those around the stack of bodies in the graveyard, as the accusations fly.

I agree it was suspicious that you started the bandwagon against Helgraf this last time, and then he was assasinated when the ploy failed. She points at Zeb for now.

Exachix
2007-05-29, 04:07 AM
Coll pokes the thread.

Exachix hmms and still waits before making an accusation.

Deckmaster
2007-05-29, 11:03 AM
Wow. I haven't checked in here for 3 days and there have only been 6 posts since then.

Let me assure you this game is still going on.

When I posted on Saturday, I forgot the library would be closed on Monday because it was Memorial Day. But I can get here almost every day (except Friday and Sunday; turns out those are the days it is closed).

Since only a couple of people have voted, I'll extend the day another day. If very few people still have voted, I'll probably end this game.

Vonriel
2007-05-29, 11:39 AM
Vonriel wakes up with a start. Erm, right, sorry fella. I guess I dozed off in the heat there. He continues their checkers game from where they left off, while he absentmindedly points at Zeb. If you're wond'rin why, lookit what happened to Helgraf. You tried to get him lynched, and he wound up assassinated. A bit of a coincidence, if you ask me.

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-29, 12:41 PM
I was waiting for another bandwagon to jump on but everyone seems to want me dead instead. I guess I'll point at weebl for now.

Ink
2007-05-30, 07:22 AM
* Ink points at Zeb

Exachix
2007-05-30, 11:18 AM
Exachix nodds and points at Zeb.

Deckmaster
2007-05-30, 01:36 PM
Well, I guess having half the votes in is enough to continue.

End of Day 6
The village troll, Zeb, is singled out as a possible rogue, but Selrahc and Strategos are put onto the gallows along with him for their suspicious silence. They are lynched. Zeb and Selrahc's souls are pulled down into hell, while Strategos' lingers awhile before fading away. Searching their bodies reveals nothing out of the ordinary, except on Strategos, who had a tin star that said "Cheef."

Zeb the Troll, a Commoner, was lynched. His alignment was Evil.
Selrahc, a Commoner, was auto-lynched. His alignment was Evil.
Strategos, a Commoner and the Rookie, was auto-lynched. His alignment was neutral.

(I'm doing these from memory now. Zeb and Selrahc, if I got your role or alignment wrong, please let me know. Strategos, I'm certain about your role and alignment [your true alignment was kept secret so you'd think you were the Chief], but I can't remember if you were a Druid or not. Again, please let me know.)

The Final Vote:

Zeb the Troll
Exachix
Ink
Vonriel
Emerald Rose
weebl
Total votes: 5

weebl
Zeb the Troll

Total votes: 6
Absent: 6

In danger of auto-lynching*
Atreyu, the Masked Llama
Gnome Barbarian
Warpfire777

*DarkCorax is immune from auto-lynching for now thanks to his post. However, he will not be granted this courtesy a second time.

Night 6 Ends Thursday at 3:00 PM EST.

Vonriel
2007-05-30, 02:27 PM
((Didn't llama ask to be killed by rogues tonight or something? I know he's gone for the week in Flordia..

Edit: Hey, it's not our fault they set you up. Though, in retrospect I probably coulda guessed...))

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-30, 03:32 PM
((Yep. And they'll get their chance now that the lynching of innocents is done.))

Helgraf
2007-05-31, 01:11 AM
((Now see, if you hadn't gone and gotten _this_ innocent killed ... ))

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-31, 01:17 AM
((I didn't get you killed. The Rogues killed you. I was not a Rogue.))

Deckmaster
2007-05-31, 11:52 AM
I'm ending the night early because, well, I'm at the library now and probably won't be later.

I don't think Llama ever officially told me he was going to be away. I probably won't auto-lynch him, just to be on the safe side.

End of Night 6

There's no need for a head count; as soon as people begin coming out of their homes, they see the remains of a battle between Emerald Rose and Ink, in which the two killed each other. Emerald Rose's soul lingers awhile before fading away, while Ink's is pulled down into Hell. Emerald Rose was armed with a greataxe, preferred weapon of barbarians, while Ink was using an ornate dagger purchased in Luna.

Emerald Rose, a Commoner and the Barbarian, was assassinated. Her alignment was Neutral.
Ink, a Rogue, was killed by the Barbarian. His alignment was Evil.

Interestingly, there is evidence of one other participant in the fight. That means there is one more Rogue out there.

Day 7 ends Saturday at 1:00 PM, EST. We're in the endgame, folks!

Shadow
2007-05-31, 07:07 PM
((How many times did I tell you to leave ER alone!?!?!?!))
((Serves you right....))

Vonriel
2007-05-31, 08:25 PM
((They don't listen good, apparently. So does this mean there's only one rogue left?))

pingcode20
2007-05-31, 10:24 PM
((I think so. But yes: Why... Did... The... Rogues... Attack... Emerald... Rose?:smallfurious:

We're idiots...:smallfrown: ))

Ink
2007-05-31, 10:48 PM
((Obviously because I knew she was the Barbarian and I was looking for a cool way to commit suicide.

Or maybe it was the opposite of that... I forget. :smallwink:

Why do I get the feeling you mean "You're idiots" or more specifically "Ink's an idiot"?))

Ink's ghost materialises briefly and salutes the shadows.

"You're the last and best of us, my friend. Go plant some daggers in their backs."

Exachix
2007-06-01, 02:40 PM
((Bump?))

Exachix emerges from his home, late, and looks at the remains of the battle.

"Looks like we have a fair chance of getting them now."

Weebl
2007-06-01, 05:57 PM
"We May have a problem. I've run out of suspects..."

EmeraldRose
2007-06-01, 08:05 PM
((oh well, it was fun while it lasted.:smallwink: ))

Vonriel
2007-06-01, 09:45 PM
Vonriel walks out of the inn he was staying in, wearing a breastplate and wielding a sword, and overhears Exachix's statement. Chuckling, he replies, Yes, we do Exachix, but it would be easier for all of us if you would simply give yourself up. As the Chief of Police of Luna city, I hereby place you under arrest, for seventeen counts of murder, twelve counts of theft, thirteen counts of forgery, and one instance where you impersonated a high priest of Thor. That one is new on me, kid, and I've been in the business longer'n you've been alive. The penalty for these acts can only be death. Come quietly, boy, and at least give those dead at your hands the respect they deserve. As he finishes, he reaches down into the small bag he brought with him, pulls out a cigar, lights it, and points it at Exachix. Time to finish this bloody rogue business and go back home, to the normal muggings and murders.

Exachix
2007-06-02, 04:39 AM
"Well then, 'chief', we have a dilemma don't we.

YOU could be the last of the rogues, accusing me to get one such as myself out of the way, taking us out one by one as you can, although you would have wanted to save that until the end, thus that is highly unlikely.

I doubt you are the actual chief but, like Atreyu, an advocate of the real chief, or whom you believe is the real chief, whom is a wolf in sheep's clothing if you understand. This 'chief' misleads you unto innocents."

Vonriel
2007-06-02, 09:49 AM
Vonriel sighes as he listens to Exachix's defense. Well then, is it me or did you just prove yourself wrong? The two people left alive who I know I can trust will vouch for me, I just wonder where the bloody hell they are... It's too bad that the law requires everyone to agree on a lynching, or I'd just cut you down right now and be done with it.

DarkCorax
2007-06-02, 10:08 AM
*Points at Exachix* if he is really a Theif there are still enough people left (I think) to lynch him if he is wrong, and the rookie has been lynched already. Vonriel you are the Chief not a proxy?

Warpfire
2007-06-02, 10:09 AM
Warpfire points at Exachix.

"There isn't really anything to say here."

Vonriel
2007-06-02, 10:22 AM
Vonriel looks at DarkCorax. Yeah, I'm really the chief. Figured with the last of the buggers standing right in front of me, it was safe to let 'em know who I was.

Deckmaster
2007-06-02, 01:15 PM
There are only three votes in, but I'm leaving the library soon and its closed on Sundays, so we'll just do this now.

End of Day 7

Exachix is chosen as a rogue, but before he can be led to the gallows, he runs off. Everyone chases after him.

The first to catch up is Gnome Barbarian. He raises his sword and shouts, "Smite Evil!" But before the blow can be finished, Exachix throws a dagger at him, mortally wounding him.

He rounds a corner only to be faced with Vonriel and Warpfire. "The sacred circle of Druids commands you to halt!" cries Warpfire. "You're under arrest," says Vonriel. Exachix turns around and runs the other way, but is cornered by DarkCorax and Weebl. DarkCorax wields a greatsword, while Weebl draws his twin rapiers. Warpfire and Vonriel catch up. Outnumbered and outmatched, Exachix is quickly slain.

The weeklong nightmare is over. The survivors breathe a sigh of relief.

Meanwhile, a llama who overslept leaves his house.

"What'd I miss?"

Commoners and Druids win!

Exachix was a Rogue and Evil. Gnome Barbarian was the Paladin, and was auto-lynched. Vonriel and Warpfire were the last two Druids. Vonriel was also the Chief. DarkCorax was the Fighter, and Weebl was the Duelist (I think; it could have been the other way around). Llama and Zeb the Troll were both ordinary Commoners. Someone among the survivors, although I can't remember who, was Evil, so the Paladin didn't win.

I'd like to do this again soon. Keep your eyes open for the sign-up/feedback thread.

Castaras
2007-06-02, 01:43 PM
Yay! We won! GO DRUIDS!

...And apologies for my roleplaying being so good I got noticed on the first day. :smalltongue:

DarkCorax
2007-06-02, 01:51 PM
Woo! go us! Yeah I was the Fighter, and Good.

Exachix
2007-06-02, 04:06 PM
Heh..

That was a good game.. well done all.

And Sorry 'larra for killing you on your birthday.

Vonriel
2007-06-02, 04:47 PM
The rogues had an extraordinary run of good luck there, getting three druids the first three nights. I was afraid I was going down next, but when me and Warpfire never died, I figured.. Whew, just some amazing luck.

Anyway, it was a fun game. With a nice setup on our side to start with..

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-02, 09:24 PM
I was evil and I had asked to be killed by wolves, but I won and I'm alive and I helped Go me

*Happy llama dance*

Kyrian
2007-06-03, 12:46 AM
Yay! I...kinda won!

Helgraf
2007-06-03, 01:58 AM
Yay! Free liquor for all eternity!

Beat that, living losers! :plays a lively tune on his ethereal kazoo:

;)

Weebl
2007-06-03, 03:41 AM
I'm so proud of myself for being alive in the end! I always thought the baner dies early but yay! Oh I was Neutral:smallbiggrin:

pingcode20
2007-06-03, 06:56 AM
Good game, everybody.

I guess my luck ran out before yours did, Vonriel.

Ink
2007-06-03, 07:05 AM
Yes, good game, all. Good job, Deckmaster. It was fun. I look forward to the next round.

inky13112
2007-06-03, 10:35 AM
I love how I was lynched for being the only one using logic and trying to not just blindly kill innocents.:smallannoyed:
Sigh Oh well.

Good Game.

Bassetking
2007-06-06, 12:17 AM
First one killed, and damn if we didn't end up winning after all. Cheers, Druids!