PDA

View Full Version : Another E9/Generic Classes project - Shifter

Calimehter
2015-09-02, 10:15 AM
So, one of the other players in our campaign (E9 with generic classes from Unearthed Arcana only) is playing a Wolverine-inspired character using the Shifter race from MMIII. Note I said MMIII instead of Eberron, as setting-specific sources aren't allowed. So she can take the shifter feats as described in MMIII, but won't have access to any of the others.

That made the first three levels for her fairly easy. Generic Warrior 3, with her four feats being the four shifter feats from the MMIII. Good FOR save, good spot/listen checks as well as jumping and climbing (she gets 4+INT skills with all skills as class skills). So far, it is working out great. She's got tremendous durability due to the shifting and a full attack mode with 2 claw attacks.

My question for you guys is . . . where to go from here? My big concern is keeping her damage level up. Her attack mode with the razorclaws doesn't seem to stack with TWF feats, and even if it did she currently has no source of bonus damage such as sneak attack. Power Attack applies to natural weapons, so she will be taking that soon. We are playing at a low enough level (and not especially high on the PO level either) and with enough spare feats that Weapon Focus/Specialization is on the table, but I can't help but feel that there must be more that could be done.

No ACFs or class features are available, but feats galore are open, including Martial Study/Stance and Shape Soulmeld, neither of which I am terribly expert on.

Where should she go from here?