PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Time of Troubles, Godwar, Spellplague

prufock
2015-09-02, 12:45 PM
I have a campaign in mind that I'd like to run involving the disruptions and death of magic, both divine and arcane. It would start with minor blips, slowly becoming more destructive, eventually not working at all. This would be due to the gods' infighting. If this sounds familiar, it's because you're familiar with Forgotten Realms (and possibly the Sword of Truth series). It would be set in my own homebrew campaign world, with a different pantheon and all.

Anyway, to get my creative juices flowing, I was wondering if there are any published adventures set in this time, or any other suggested reading material?

Thanks all

Khedrac
2015-09-02, 01:02 PM
Check out Elder Evils - I think some of the signs pretty much have that effect - which also means one lacks the magic when trying to fight the big bad itself...

As for the Time of Troubles itself, there is both a trilogy of books and a trilogy of adventures covering the events, but they will be 2nd Ed AD&D which was a very different game to people who have only played 3.0/3.5..

prufock
2015-09-03, 09:51 AM
Check out Elder Evils - I think some of the signs pretty much have that effect - which also means one lacks the magic when trying to fight the big bad itself...

As for the Time of Troubles itself, there is both a trilogy of books and a trilogy of adventures covering the events, but they will be 2nd Ed AD&D which was a very different game to people who have only played 3.0/3.5..

Thanks for the info. I started out playing AD&D, so I'd be at least comfortable converting some of the ideas to 3.5. Do you know what they were called?

JyP
2015-09-03, 11:04 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Avatar_Series

=> idea is to describe the Forgotten Realms going from AD&D 1st edition to AD&D 2nd edition - hence all assassins killed for ex (as players could not play them anymore). Or yes, disruption of magic.

=> you have modules described directly here (Shadowdale, Tantras, Waterdeep)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgotten_Realms#Advanced_Dungeons_.26_Dragons_2nd _edition