PDA

View Full Version : Player Help What comboes can I pull off with a gestalt Binder/Warlock?

Urist Mcmage
2015-09-02, 06:25 PM
I am playing in a somewhat low-op (by gestalt standards at least) gestalt 3.5 game, and i wanted to make a binder/warlock gestalt. What kind of combos can I pull off/what feats should I take. We have complete freedom to use whatever books we want, and we are starting at level five.

Thanks,

Urist Mcmage

Aran nu tasar
2015-09-02, 07:26 PM
Hellfire Warlock binding Naberius is the traditional combination, since Naberius will let you heal back the Con you lose. At level 5 that isn't an immediate option, but I'd have it as a potential goal as you gain levels. You'll probably want to use Eldritch Glaive or Eldritch Claw and combine that with melee-based vestiges, but I don't know enough about Binder to give more specific advice. Check out the various Warlock (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?252715-The-New-Warlock-Handbook-3-5-WIP) and Binder (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2942.0) handbooks that are floating around the web; they should give you a good starting point.

TheCountAlucard
2015-09-02, 07:54 PM
For funsies, take the Charm Invocation, and then dip a level of Mindbender for free telepathy. Instantaneous nonverbal communication is pretty valuable tactically.

LibraryOgre
2015-09-02, 07:57 PM
The Mod Wonder: The most impressive is Teleport to Correct Forum.

Vhaidara
2015-09-02, 08:11 PM
Diplomancer.

Naberius gets you the ability to take 10 and Diplomacy people in a round. Warlock 1 nets you Beguiling Influence. Add on a charisma focus (16), and at level 1 you can be taking 10 for a 23. Take Negotiator for another +2, and you turn Hostile to Indifferent every time.

Level 2, keep progressing either class, but grab a level in Marshal. Take Motivate Charisma. The marshal dip gets you Skill Focus (Diplomacy), and Motivate Charisma lets you add Cha to you Cha based skills. Further, 5 ranks each in Sense Motive, Knowledge (Nobility), and Bluff nets you another +6. So with the 16 Cha from earlier, you now take 10 for 37. Hostiles are now friendly.

Troacctid
2015-09-02, 08:31 PM
Level 2, keep progressing either class, but grab a level in Marshal. Take Motivate Charisma. The marshal dip gets you Skill Focus (Diplomacy), and Motivate Charisma lets you add Cha to you Cha based skills. Further, 5 ranks each in Sense Motive, Knowledge (Nobility), and Bluff nets you another +6. So with the 16 Cha from earlier, you now take 10 for 37. Hostiles are now friendly.

I'd be hesitant to stray from one of the main classes before hitting a break point. On the Binder side, you want to get to 8 as soon as possible for double vestiges, and on the Warlock side, you really want to hit your lesser and greater invocations on time, and getting to 12 for Imbue Item is a relevant priority as well if you think the campaign will run that long. (Imbue Item + Astaroth is a great combo.)

Vhaidara
2015-09-02, 09:03 PM
Considering that the main goal of this build is to achieve hostile to helpful asap, the marshal dip is invaluable

Urist Mcmage
2015-09-02, 10:19 PM
thanks for the help, I have my work cut out for me I guess, since this is a group with a shadowcaster/rogue, artificer/factotum and warblade/crusader.

Ellowryn
2015-09-02, 11:01 PM
thanks for the help, I have my work cut out for me I guess, since this is a group with a shadowcaster/rogue, artificer/factotum and warblade/crusader.

The shadowcaster/rogue and warblade/crusader are not bad and are in your tier range, but that artificer/factotum is going to stomp the rest of the party at everything especially if he gets any regular downtime. That being said you have a good amount of versatility so don't worry to much.

Taveena
2015-09-03, 08:15 AM
Naberius combos wonderfully both with Hellfire Blast and Beguiling Influence. Aside from him, Zceryll is an incredible boost in versatility, Andarus can help a Charisma build be more powerful, Andromalius + Malphas can nearly double your damage output, Focalor and Chupaclops can aid any debuff build, Paimon adds a solid bonus to AC (and you ARE likely to be finessing), Shax's FoM counters one of the Warlock's big blind spots, and The Triad and Astaroth are further sizable boosts to Diplomacy that stack with Beguiling Influence. Not to speak of all the abilities which are just nice for a Warlock to have as another tool in their repertoire.

sovin_ndore
2015-09-03, 08:29 AM
More than anything, I would get extremely familiar with your Binder options and try your best to predict what you will need on a given day. Most of your versatility is going to be coming from that side of your Gestalt. Warlock is the Megaman of D&D; toting unlimited amunition and one trick, or combo of tricks, for every occasion (This analogy is especially true if you are a Warforged and painted blue). Your bindings are going to be what makes you suited to your situation.

nolongerchaos
2015-09-03, 12:04 PM
While by no means a great build, if you don't mind being Chaotic Good, Warlock 9/Hellfire Warlock 3/Warlock+8//Binder 5/Enlightened Spirit 4/Binder+3/Enlightened Spirit +6/Binder+2 would net you 19d6 for your hellfire blasts (13d6 for non-hellfire blasts) and 6th level binding if you take improved binding.

Honjuden
2015-09-03, 12:37 PM
If you want a few more tricks up your sleeve, then grabbing a few Sorcerer levels on the Binder side and going into Anima Mage couldn't hurt.