PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Adding in a Feature, Need Advice/Criticism

Dregas_Volar
2015-09-03, 11:14 AM
Hello I'm a long time player but new to DMing. I play in 3 different 5e Groups and have decided to try my hand at being a DM.

Now that introductions are over I'd like any Advice or Criticism for Tweaking the Numbers or whatever is needed for a feature I'm adding to the custom world I've created and am preparing to have my group venture fourth into.

For extra story when the levels show the X level - Quest to Obtain the rewards all quests for these will be achieved within my players Dreams. The God of Dreams I created will Guide them in their Ultimate Goal of freeing the Continent from a Dragon Goddess whom is Immune to all damage except those caused by Affinity.

I know this is a lot to read and I may be posting in the wrong forum so I apologize in Advance.

Elemental Affinities are Rolled for at the end of their first quest so no one can just choose the best. - Also I will be adding these to Humanoid Type creatures and Elementals as well as any Bosses they may be facing. All Monster Hit Points and such will be Doubled, Trippled, Quadrupled, ect to Accommodate for all the extra AoE going around.

Elemental Affinities

Fire - Fire, Lightning
Water - Cold, Water
Air - Gravity, Thunder
Earth - Bludgeoning, Poison
Light - Force, Radiant
Dark - Acid, Psychic
Wood - Necrotic, Wither
Metal - Piercing, Slashing

----------------------------------

Level 1 - Quest - Learn of Affinity
Level 3 - Quest - Affinity Growth
Level 5 - Quest - Affinity Growth
Level 7 - Quest - Affinity Growth
Level 9 - Quest - Affinity Evolve
Level 11 - Quest - Affinity Growth
Level 13 - Quest - Affinity Growth
Level 15 - Quest - Affinity Growth
Level 17 - Quest - Affinity Growth
Level 19 - Quest - Affinity Mastered

------------------------------------

Melee - 1 - 1 Extra Damage of Affinity Type
Melee - 3 - 1d4 Extra Damage of Affinity Type
Melee - 5 - 1d6 Extra Damage of Affinity Type
Melee - 7 - 1d8 Extra Damage of Affinity Type
Melee - 9 - 1d8 Extra Damage of Affinity Type and can Embody Affinity Type
Melee - 11 - 1d10 Extra Damage of Affinity Type
Melee - 13 - 1d10 Extra Damage of Affinity Type and are Resistant to Affinity Type
Melee - 15 - 1d12 Extra Damage of Affinity Type
Melee 17 - 2d10 Extra Damage of Affinity Type
Melee 19 - 4d6 Extra Damage of Affinity Type and Immunity to Affinity Damage Type + Special

-------------------------------------

Caster - 1 - 1 Extra Damage of Affinity Type to Spells
Caster - 3 - Can Change Spell Damage Type to that of Affinity at Will
Caster - 5 - 1d4 Extra Damage of Affinity Type to Spells
Caster - 7 - 1d6 Extra Damage of Affinity Type to Spells
Caster - 9 - 1d6 Extra Damage of Affinity Type to Spells and Destructive Affinity
Caster - 11 - 1d8 Extra Damage of Affinity Type to Spells
Caster - 13 - 1d8 Extra Damage of Affinity Type to Spells and are Resistant to Affinity Type
Caster - 15 - 1d10 Extra Damage of Affinity Type to Spells
Caster - 17 - 3d4 Extra Damage of Affinity Type to Spells
Caster - 19 - Immunity to Affinity Damage Type + Special and Can Add Half the Dice used when casting a spell as Extra Damage of Affinity Type

---------------------------------------

Affinity Embodiment
You are able to Infuse your Weapon with your Affinity completely changing it's damage type to that of your Affinity at will and your Affinity Damage Die Cleaves over to Adjacent Enemies.

Destructive Affinity
Your Affinity lashes out at your foes. Whenever you cast a spell your Affinity Damage Die arcs off to Adjacent Enemies within a 5 foot radius of the main target.

-----------------------------------------

Affinity Mastered Specials
Special Attack Actions and Status Effects have a 5 Turn Recharge.

Fire - Can Walk or Swim on Lava/Magma. Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to 5 foot Radius and Destructive Affinity is increased from 5 foot Radius to 15 foot Radius. (Passive)

Lightning - Movement Speed Doubles. Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to 5 foot Radius and Destructive Affinity swaps to Targeted Arcs branching off to Enemies up to 20 feet away. (Passive)

Cold - Difficult Terrain from Ice doesn't cost you extra movement, it instead Doubles your movement speed. (Passive)

Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to 5 foot Radius Aura and Destructive Affinity is increased from 5 foot Radius to 10 foot Radius. Both also cause your enemies to be Chilled causing an extra 2d8 Cold damage per round for 5 rounds. (5 Turn Recharge)

Water - Can Walk on Water and Swim Speed Triples. Can Breath Underwater. Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to 5 foot Radius and Destructive Affinity increases from 5 foot Radius to 10 foot Radius. (Passive)

Gravity - Ability to Fly, Gain a Fly speed of 70. (Passive)

Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to 5 foot Radius Aura and Destructive Affinity swaps to X Pattern with points extending 15 foot from center. Both cause your enemies to feel crushed causing an extra 2d8 Gravity damage per round for 5 rounds. (5 Turn Recharge)

Thunder - Your attacks cause Sonic Booms when they connect. Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to a Radius of 20 feet and Destructive Affinity swaps from 5 foot Radius to 30 foot Radius. All creatures take 2d12 Thunder Damage and must make a DC 20 Constitution save or be Deafened for 10 rounds. (5 Turn Recharge)

Bludgeoning - Can Burrow and Gain Burrow Speed of 50. Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to a Frontal Cone that extends 20 feet. Destructive Affinity increases from 5 foot Radius to a 10 foot Radius. (Passive)

Poison - You are Immune to Poisoned Condition and Poison Damage. (Passive)

Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to a 5 foot Radius and Destructive Affinity is Increased from 5 foot Radius to a 10 foot Radius. Both also cause your enemies to become Poisoned causing 2d10 Poison Damage per round for 5 rounds. (5 Turn Recharge)

Force - Your attacks hit your foe with tremendous force. Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to a 30 foot Line that is 10 feet wide. All Enemies affected by it must make a DC20 Strength Saving Throw or be knocked Prone. Destructive Affinity swaps from a 5 foot Radius to a 10 foot Radius and cause an extra 5d10 Force Damage to Main enemy and 2d8 Force Damage to Adjacent Enemies. (5 Turn Recharge)

Radiant - As an Action you can summon Divine Light to spread out from you causing Darkness and Magical Darkness to Disperse. Light Shines from you illuminating in a 60 foot Radius. (5 Turn Recharge)

Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to a 10 Foot Column that extends up to 50 feet. Destructive Affinity swaps to a 15 foot column that extends up to 50 feet. (Passive)

Acid - As an Action you can use your Acid to eat through solid objects such as locked doors or chests. Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to a 5 Foot Radius and Destructive Affinity increases from a 5 foot Radius to a 10 foot Radius. Both cause your enemies to writhe in pain as your Acid eats away at their flesh causing an extra 3d8 Acid Damage for 5 Rounds. (5 Turn Recharge)

Psychic - You gain Telepathy and can communicate with creatures whom speak at-least 1 language within 50 feet of you. (Passive)
You also gain Telekinesis as a spell that consumes no spell slots and doesn't require concentration. (5 Turn Recharge)
Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to a 5 foot Radius and Destructive Affinity increases from 5 foot Radius to a 10 foot Radius. (Passive)

Necrotic - As an Action you can touch a living thing. If able it must make a DC20 Constitution Saving Throw, on a failed save the target takes 15d10 Necrotic Damage or half as much on a Successful save. Damage caused this way lowers the targets maximum hit points for 5 rounds and can't be healed back until this effect ends. (5 Turn Recharge)

Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to a 5 foot Radius and Destructive Affinity increases from a 5 foot Radius to a 10 foot Radius. (Passive)

Wither - As an Action you can touch a living thing. If able it must make a DC20 Constitution Saving Throw, on a failed save the target takes 12d10 Wither Damage or half as much on a Successful save. Damage caused this way Temporarily increase your Hit Point Maximum by the same amount for 5 rounds. (5 Turn Recharge)

Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to a 5 foot Radius and Destructive Affinity increases from a 5 foot Radius to a 10 foot Radius. (Passive)

Piercing - Your attacks are able to pierce through even the stoutest of bodies. Your attacks are able to bypass your enemies Immunities. (Passive)

Affinity Embodiment swaps from Cleave to a 20 foot Line that is 10 feet wide. Destructive Affinity swaps to + Pattern with points extending 25 feet from center. Both cause your enemies to feel Terror, all creatures affected by it must make a DC20 Wisdom Saving Throw or be Frightened of you for 5 rounds or upon taking damage. (5 Turn Recharge)

Slashing - Your attacks are so savage you leave grievous wounds on your foes. Affinity Embodiment swaps Cleave to a 5 foot Radius and Destructive Affinity increases from a 5 foot Radius to a 15 foot Radius. Both cause your enemies wounds to bleed profusely causing 5d6 Slashing Damage per round for 5 rounds. (5 Turn Recharge)