PDA

View Full Version : New spell [PEACH]

criticalstriker
2007-05-10, 08:00 PM
Teris was in a 10x10 stone room, a man sat at a desk directly in front of the Assassin. "My master, what is your bidding?" Teris said as he began to kneel down before the man in a red cloak. "A man in Solaris, he must be disposed of. His name is Faelin, expect minor resistance". "It would be an honor, my lord". With these final words, Teris woke up at his camp site, he now had his orders.

Illusion
Level: 3? sorc/wiz
Components: V, S, F
Casting time: 1 minute
Range: Long (1 mile, per level)
Area: One sleeping creature or person
Duration: 1 minute per level
Saving throw: Will (harmless)
Spell resistance: Yes

Dream messenger allows the caster to contact a person within their own dreams. While this spell is active, the caster is in a trance-like state, and if disturbed must make a DC 20 concentration check in order to keep the spell active.
This spell forms a dream-world, of the casters choice. The world can be up to 1 mile long, and 1 mile wide. Inside this world, the caster can do any thing. He can have what ever he wants in this dream-world it could be a palace, an observatory, a dragon, a hydra, what ever the caster wants. The caster may not create some thing in his dream-world that he hasn't at least read about in a book.

If the target and the caster end of fighting each other, or any of the things that the caster makes, the caster must make a concentration check (DC 15) per hit that is dealt in order to keep the spell active. Any damage that might be taken by the target, or the caster, is fake. And will not be transfered outside of the dream.

The person this spell is being cast on appears any where in the dream-world, where the caster wishes.

After the time limit of this spell wears out, the target and the caster wake up at the spot they were before the spell was cast.

What do you guys think? I'm really wondering if the level is high enough...

Collin152
2007-05-10, 08:03 PM
We do already have the Dream spell, you are aware of I'm sure.

criticalstriker
2007-05-10, 08:20 PM
You do? Did i post it here...? Or was it in a book?

Innis Cabal
2007-05-10, 08:22 PM
pretty sure its offical, not here

Neek
2007-05-10, 08:25 PM
I'd probably expand this concept a little. The dreamscape is an awesome concept, and it should provide entry ways into some campaign ideas. Though, it might touch too much into psionic territory. Don't quite know yet.

Either way, I like what I'm reading. I'd probably describe the dreamscape demiplane some more, though, and see how much manipulation one has.

Demented
2007-05-10, 08:34 PM
The Dream spell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dream.htm).

Inyssius Tor
2007-05-11, 01:25 AM
That's in the Player's Handbook, by the way. I heartily recommend it, since it's the one book that tells you how to play the game.

Also, the Vorpal Tribble (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=14408) has done some awesome work on dream-based monsters, races, spells and items. They do touch a lot on psionics, but hey-- it's in the SRD. (d20srd.org)

ChomZ
2007-05-11, 10:02 AM
That's a pretty awsome spell..
I do agree with Neek, it should be easily mixed into campaigns..
the party all falls asleep due to some poison in a hotel.. and all end up under this spell and do several days of adventuring only to wake up in the clutched of some gang of evil doods