PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CLXV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 08:55 PM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavern100.gif

Come and enjoy our unique beverages! Enjoy the casual atmosphere in our Casablanca-meets-rustic-Asian facilities. Chat with friends out on the bamboo patio or stroll inside and grab a private, fern-surrounded booth.

Trog's Tavern has been enchanted to be indestructible. Please refrain from attempting to damage it, as it will not work.

Theme Song (http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/televisioncity/cheerssong.html)

NOW HIRING: Bartenders, Cooks, Talented bards, Burly bouncers, etc.
(Hey bards: just take spotlight in the tavern's center and start singing!)

STAFF:
Manager: El Jaspero
Bouncers: Hoseki, Tempest Stormwing, Valthreborn Valthera
Bartender: Trog, El J, Nina, Paige, Cosmo, Alex Shipmaster, Erdan
Cook: Who
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/npc_servers.gif

Trog would like to introduce:

Nina - a feisty and vivacious 18 year old (she's legal). Mean and completely unavailable.

Paige - a sweet and wholesome elf working her way through college at SIU here in town.

Cosmo - a quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel.

All will be happy to serve you. ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))
GET A FREE DRINK ON YOUR FIRST BARBARIAN POST HERE!

THE CURRENT DRINK MENU
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Kobold Chianti - Tart and tangy! Try it with fava beans!
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Purple Worm Pinot - Earthy aroma.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.

Bar Drinks:
Pina CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Swampwater - A Phosphorescent lemon-lime delight
Jasphattan - Sweet vermouth with bitters and more.
White Russian Wukei - Vodka, Kahlua, and Milk.
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
Mai Tai - Dark and pineapple juice.
Sneak on the Beach - Vodka, Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps.
Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie.
Coffee Martini - buzzzzz.
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Ice Liqueur - Guaranteed to cool you down.
Dwarf Spirits Available
Aboleth Absinthe
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you...
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Rum Llamonade Daquiri
Mudslide Daquiri
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood, the perfect drink for vampires and similar creatures.
Black Market Wallbanger
Hydrogelic's 110 proof Firewater
Guild Vodka No. 3
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Haley's Liquer - named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Wizard Blizzard - The effect depends on the spell stored in it. Other than that, it's made with crushed ice and Bourbon.

Beers Ales & Such
Grim Brewery brand Ginger - Death-o-licious!
Archon Ale
Guilders Ale
Balthor's Best
Mind Flayer Mead - Uhh... I wouldn't order this if you are not into brains and such.

Other Fine Beverages
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
SLURPEES!
Root
Red Minotaur Energy Drink
Llamonade - that cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation.
Hot Chocolate - with little marshmallows and stuff.

To Munch
Hot Spicy Peanuts
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips with hot cheese and meat dip - soooo good.
Fortune Cookies - I got this deal with a local factory see...
Bamhacon!!!
Gyros
Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta)
Who's Surprise

Desserts
Muffins
Brownies

Also: Fine Cigars Available from our humidor. Coffin Nail cigarettes.
Be sure to check out the excellent banjowood carving above the fireplace.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-10, 08:57 PM
District opens up the thread by throwing a sombrero at every single patron.

*tappity tap* "Tee hee!" *tappingy tappity*

Warpfire
2007-05-10, 09:03 PM
Nathaniel finally awakens as a sombrero collides with the back of his head. He looks around for a bit. Eventually, his eyes settle on District and narrow.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 09:03 PM
Destro gets hit upside the head by a sombrero. What was that? He picks up the miniature mexican hat with an amused look. Oh.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-10, 09:04 PM
District does a barrel-roll in the air and settles down in front of Nathaniel, waving a hand in the manner of a child.

*tappity tappity tappity* "Hi there! I'm District!" *tap tap tap*

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 09:05 PM
Atok and Rye come in and sit at an empty table. Atok orders himself a DFB and Rye a bowl of milk. Silently they drink and survey the tavern.

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 09:05 PM
The two headed to Phoenixineohp and Phoenix combust before they reach their targets.

"Hey, that could have been cool."
Phoenix shrugs and takes a sip of her drink.

Trog
2007-05-10, 09:06 PM
Hello Phoenix. How are you tonight? Trog was just.. er.. paying bills, apparently. In a manner of speaking.

*He fishes in his vest and pulls out a dazzlingly shiny mithril cigarette case of holding. With a casual flick it opens and a large green scaled hand pops out as if on cue to place a cigarette in Trog's mouth. Trog closes the case with a flick and tosses it back in his vest...

and misses.

*The case goes rattling to the floor behind the bar and Trog stares past Phoenix towards a bow legged silhouette in the doorway.*

Good lord Trog needs a drink.

*Quickly opening the nearest bottle (Haley's liqueur for those playing along at home) he takes a long pull off of it never taking his eyes off Thes. A bead of sweat rolls down his crest.*

Warpfire
2007-05-10, 09:07 PM
Nathaniel considers reaching out and crushing State's hallucination in his bare hands, but doesn't have the energy to do so. Instead, he sighs wearily and asks, "What do you want?"

NecroPaladin
2007-05-10, 09:09 PM
*tappingy tap* "I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant..." *tapping tappy*

District puts a finger to his lips, eventually smiling adorably and extending his arms.

*tap tappingy* "A hug." *tappy tapping*

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 09:09 PM
I'm fine. And you are?

"Oh, Phoenix, this is Trog. He's who I almost spellcasted." She winks and Trog's case floats back up and into his pocket. "I haven't seen you in forever Trog. How are you?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 09:10 PM
Destro tosses the hat aside. Hey Trog, I could use a drink too. He closes his book and wanders over to the bar. How've you been?

Trog
2007-05-10, 09:14 PM
Doing good. Trog's been busy you know with Trog's papers, Trog's business papers and all that.

Hey Destro. Let me just get a little help here. Trog is rusty at this. *Trog snaps and the animated tumblers leap out onto the bar and mix up Destro's drink of choice.*

*Trog takes a long swig off of his bottle and wonders if seeing redheads and auburn haired fighters are a side effect of the Haley's he's drinking. Hoping that's all it is he takes another long pull.*

Warpfire
2007-05-10, 09:18 PM
"Then you're going to have to look elsewhere." Nathaniel smirks bitterly. "I'm not exactly in a 'huggy' mood."

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 09:18 PM
"Hi Destro" The girls both chime at the same time as they smile.

"Well, would you like to join us? Or are you on the clock? Both of you are welcome company."

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 09:19 PM
Trigger happy, Thes quick draws her sword and with a flourish, a the two halves of hat sail past her. She stands there sword at the ready, unfazed.

She blinks, and comes to, phantom images of dual axe wielding humanoids and helmeted knights fading from her mind. Her eyes sidle around the tavern.

She gives a nod to Destro, and then sees that the owner of the bar, is purveying his trade.

She again strides, with no rotating shrubbery this time up to the bar.

Her armor looks polished, and most of the dents appear to have been recently hammered out. Her hair is pulled up into some efficient looking pony tail. Her cloak is new, and mostly unsoiled.

She sneers down at the drink.

"So I see some things never change."

Kyrian
2007-05-10, 09:21 PM
Alain wakes up from like a month long dead time. He sees that Jo's still asleep and pays their tab before leaving the tavern.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-10, 09:23 PM
District lets out a brief "awwwwww...." and poofs over to Destro.

*tappityDestrotap* "Will YOU gimme a hug?" *huggity tap*

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 09:25 PM
Hello Phoenix, Phoenixineohp, Thes. Destro takes the drink from the animated tumblers and flips them a platinum. I don'thave to pay bills anymore. I can get the trout to do it now. Destro slides a few seats over in order to be furthur from Thes and closer to the girls. And then District pops up next to him. Uhh. I don't exactly... well... you know what? sure. Destro gives District a sort of half hug, because he's got a drink in his other hand.

Trog
2007-05-10, 09:25 PM
Trog look at the Haley's and vows silently to never touch the stuff again. Then, unconsciously, takes another pull anyway and places the Coffin Nail back in his toothy maw.

Nope. Trog likes Trog just the way Trog is.

*looks her up and down*

Your mommy polish that armor up for you? Or did you finally take Trog's advice and get a girlfriend. If it was your mom Trog hopes she's walking better now. Trog didn't mean to be so rough on her the other night.

*Grins and puffs a large puff of smoke up in Thes' face and takes a deliberate pull off of the bottle.*

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 09:28 PM
The girls smile at Destro but watch Trog, Phoenixineohp starting to look shocked and Phoenix looking like she is silently calculating something.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-10, 09:31 PM
District claps his hands and screeches happily, before letting off a machine-gun burst of sombreros in Destro's face. Shortly thereafter,

*poof*

He is gone.

((Oh, Destro, you saw the Town Art thread, yes?))

Trog
2007-05-10, 09:35 PM
*Trog leans over to Phoenixineoph and Phioenix and winks*

It's all right. We're old acquaintences. he says meaning Thes.

*Trog gabs a small sombrero and munches on it casually.*

Orzel
2007-05-10, 09:36 PM
Orzel's face finally changes. His puzzled look leaves him and his wits return

I know what I want.

Suddenly Orzel lets out a small sneeze and a small toothpick flies out on his bald head.

Correction. I knew what I wanted. I'm slightly allergic to hats.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-05-10, 09:36 PM
The door opens and the Pirate King enters with his bundled daughter under his arm. "Ahoy, all!" he calls to the room before vaulting over the bar and heading into the back room.

Trog
2007-05-10, 09:38 PM
*Trog hears the "ahoy" and the cigarette drops out of his mouth in surprise.*

EL J! :smallbiggrin:

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 09:39 PM
((Oh, Destro, you saw the Town Art thread, yes?))

((I hadn't, actually. Allow me to say that that is awesome.))

Ahoy, El J. How've you been? Destro brushes a pile of sombreros onto the floor.

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 09:40 PM
Thes chews on the toothpick for a second, and then her face spilts into a grin. A big grin. A Cheshire grin. An evil grin.

"Why? Cause your mom got so fat stealing the newbies snacks she couldn't make it back here on time?"

She chews on the toothpick again.

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 09:42 PM
Phoenixineohp nods at Trog, still a little unsure what to make of everything. When El J walks in with his daughter her face lights up. She grins and waves at him.

Phoenix raises an eyebrow at Trog but El J catches her eye. She seems to soften a little and watch him move about.

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 09:43 PM
Atok and Rye come out of a bit of dead time and continue surveying the tavern and drinking their drinks.

2007-05-10, 09:44 PM
El Jaspero returns from the back a stack of battered ledgers, flipping through them and muttering to himself as he tosses them on the bar. "Seriously, it's not that hard. Do lizards have different numbers of toes or something? It's like he's allergic to math or something. Can you believe this pile of sh-"

He looks up at the patron across the bar from him.

"Oh. Erm. Ahoy there, Trog!"

Trog
2007-05-10, 09:46 PM
No. Trog's mom and Trog are not on speaking terms. And Trog keeps telling you she doesn't want to date you. Seriously babe you gotta find yourself another woman. You're too macho for her. She always went for the artsy farsty types anyway.

*picks up his dropped cigarette then looks around for his case only to realize it got back in his pocket some other way apparently.*

You're more hacky whacky. If you follow Trog.

*puffs and wipes down the bar*

2007-05-10, 09:48 PM
El Jaspero clears his throat and nods to Thes.

"Oooh!" He reaches under the bar to retrieve his baby. "Agneta, say hello to the nice folks."

Grblgrggw!

He beams with pride. "Brilliant, isn't she?"

Trog
2007-05-10, 09:50 PM
*Trog looks over at El J and his face falls a bit. He looks over at the ledgers*

Trog uses a base-6 counting system just like everyone else does. Why? Did Trog forget to carry the Opal or something in his calculations?

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 09:51 PM
Atok glances curiously over at El J and Agneta.

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 09:52 PM
Phoenixineohp grins and Phoenix smiles. Getting up Phoenixineohp walks over to them and plucks a feather from her wing.

"Well hello there you beautiful little one! How are you? I heard you had hatched, and I'm thrilled to meet you!" She grins and brushes the feather gently against her nose.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 09:54 PM
I won't argue with that. Destro downs about half the DLB in his glass. At once. So tell me El J, what've you been doing all this time? I haven't seen you since.. well, umm.. I forget. but it's been a while.

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 09:55 PM
Thes' teeth clench down so tight on the toothpick it explodes in a million tiny fragments.

"You got issues. Maybe one of these days you will stop thinking with your trousers."

2007-05-10, 09:55 PM
"Base six?" El J looks at the ledgers a bit. "Well that would explain...at least some of it." He shrugs and, with a grin, sets Agneta on the bar so she can practice crawling under his watchful gaze.

((Agneta is the blonde-haired, brown-eyed daughter of El Jaspero and Alarra. She's pretty much the cutest thing, EVAH))

((edit))

The Pirate King nods to Destro. "It has been a while. Clearly, I had a daughter. Other than that? Running the College of Arms, trying to help assassinate a king, plundering commerce...the usual. You?"

Trog
2007-05-10, 09:56 PM
Ooooh aren't you a cute little rascal!

*Trog smiles a big toothy lizrd grin at the baby*

Here! Trog's got just the thing. *rifles around in the cooler for a bit*

A-HA! Ahhh.. And it's still good too.

*Trog slaps a nipple on the bottle of Indurain's Milk from when he was a cow - Milk of Augury or some such thing*

Just the thing for a growing girl.

Course if she were Trog's Trog would have to start her on the Kiddie coctails befor switching to the hard stuff. Gotta ease the little ones into it.

Cootchie Cootchie Coo.

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 09:57 PM
A smile crawls onto Atok's face as he watches Agneta crawl around.

((aaawwwwww!!!!))

Trog
2007-05-10, 09:59 PM
But Trog's Trousers LIKE to do Trog's thinking. All things considered sometimes that is for the best. Most of the rest of the time Trog's drunk. Just because you never took advantage of Trog's enibriated state is no reason to deny the rest of the Town.

*swigs*

2007-05-10, 09:59 PM
El J eyes the bottle warily. "Dare I even ask what that is? And might I remind you that Alarra was once a goddess, and likely will become one again if I let you corrupt this girl without her permission?"

Mbah! Agneta bats at the bottle curiously.

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 10:00 PM
Agneta and El J may notice a large, over-stuffed teddy bear appear next to where Agneta is crawling.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-10, 10:02 PM
Popping in briefly, District places a sombrero on Agneta's head. He giggles profusely and in under half a second, he's standing on El Jaspero's shoulder, leaning on his ear.

"Hee hee! Silly baby talk!"

Trog
2007-05-10, 10:03 PM
Paige milked it out of Indurain's nipples. No biggie. Trog thinks it imparts wisdom or the ability to see the future. That sort of thing.

And Trog wouldn't DREAM of currupting this little angel. Don't want her growing up to be a dour bitter old spinste... Oh begging your pardon Thes.

*Ahem* forgot you were there.

*puffs*

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 10:04 PM
Phoenixineohp giggles at the cuteness. She passes her the feather and keeps a careful eye on her.

Phoenix seems to smile a little before her face goes blank.
Phoenixineohp! The little one! The dragon! Who is watching the dragon??!!

Phoenixineohp pauses for a moment and stands. She places a hand on her neck and doesn't feel Asher.
"Uh... I'm sure it's all fine. Ummmm... Please excuse me for a minute."

She takes a step back and vanishes.

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 10:05 PM
Thes eyes the baby warily, like it is a CR 50 trap that could spring at any moment.

"Yeah, I wouldn't trust that milk.

It coming from Trog alone would make me nervous. But Indurian is only a notch better."

And without looking at the bar owner, "Maybe the quality of what would be in those trousers would be reason enough for someone to want a woman."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-10, 10:06 PM
*Atreyu trots through the mirror licking his lips. He halts halfway through the mirror , shocked at the crowd, but his tail starts wagging as he dashes around greeting El J and Trog and Thes and Phoenix and nuzzling Pxp.*

*he also greets Destro, but bleats in embarrassment, cuz he never actually finished his visit to Destro's shop*

"It's from the Emperor's nipple?" El J eyes the bottle. "Well why didn't you say so in the first place?" He gives Agneta the bottle.

Uwah! Mmmmgah....whraoooooahhhhh....

He looks on with amused pride and winks at District. "She's half-divine. I can hardly wait to see what this'll do to her as a teenager."

Uberblah
((oh burn!! <.< >.> um.... *runs away*))

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 10:07 PM
The Pirate King nods to Destro. "It has been a while. Clearly, I had a daughter. Other than that? Running the College of Arms, trying to help assassinate a king, plundering commerce...the usual. You?"
Well, I've mostly been reading and trying to figure things out. Last I checked there was a large hole in the sky leading to the equivalent of the elemental plane of devouring existence, and I'd rather it got closed. Which king are you trying to assassinate? Destro waves to Atreyu as he comes in. Hey Llama, what's up?

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 10:08 PM
"Becoming a bitter spinnster is far better than becoming a washed-up no-good amoral bartender who doesn't even seem to be able to run his own bar right."

A bit of her grin comes back, but her hand begins to twitch.

Lord Iames Osari
Aerin comes in from her patrol, goes to the bar and smiles. El J, Trog, Phoenix, Phoenixineohp. It's been a while since I've seen you last three around. She looks over at Thes. I don't think we've met before, have we?

"Ahoy, old friend!" El J happily scratches Atreyu's ears while somehow still keeping his eye on Agneta. For a brief moment he almost calls the llama "Mr. Fluffers" for some strange reason, but disaster is luckily avoided.

He nods to Destro. "Technically, my king. Lord of the Northlands, a cruel hard man if ever there was one."

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 10:09 PM
The teddy-bear just sits there being a teddy-bear. Atok continues watching the baby and smiling. Rye comes over and sniffs her.

((Rye's a kitten))

NecroPaladin
2007-05-10, 10:10 PM
District, for no apparent reason, scratches El J behind the ears in a mimickry of scratching the llama.

Suddenly, he is gone, although the clink, clink, clink of glass hints that he's back in the chandelier, where he's more or less made his home.

2007-05-10, 10:11 PM
Agneta giggles and rolls back onto the teddybear, still guzzling away at the Milk of Augury. Bah! Mbah! Gweeehhhh! She squeals with laughter at the kitten.

El J raises a curious eyebrow at District's antics and watches him go. "I should really strike my hammock up there one of these days."

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 10:12 PM
Phoenixineohp appears again, the little one, Peck and Asher in tow. She smiles and goes over to Atreyu, giving him a hug and a scratch.

Peck flies over to the bar and almost hits the mirror when she sees Trog. For some reason she becomes overjoyed with happiness and starts to fly circles around his head, twittering.

Asher, apparently tired and glad to be relieved of babysitting takes his place on Phoenixineohp's neck.

The little one seems startled to be in a new place all of a sudden. But all the noise and people quickly catch it's attention and it runs to pounce one everyones feet, looking up at them as it does. First up is El J.

Trog
2007-05-10, 10:12 PM
*Trog keeps the baby from grabbing anything too dangerous and doesn't look up as he replies.*

Keep telling yourself that hon. Makes the lack of Trog in your bed all the easier to bear. Trog's quite skilled in that area. Four words: Forked tongue, prehensile tail. Nuff said.

And Trog runs his tavern just fine. Still standing, bills all just got paid with Trog's tax money... Though Trog got a nasty papercut for that one.

You say amoral bartender like it's a bad thing.

*serves everyone drinks except Thes*

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 10:13 PM
Ah. That would be a good reason for killing him. The cruelty, not the fact he's your king. Destro takes another drink of his DLB.

Uberblah
Rye steps back and looks at Agneta with confusion since he's never dealt with babies before. Slowly he approaches her again and curls up next to her, his instincts telling him to do so.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
"Hiya Destro, I've been good. Stuck in PC limbo, but its relaxing. How's the shop and things?"

*he happily humms while El J scratches that spot behind his ears and almost steals Trog's gold, but character bleed-over is adverted, as well.*

(careful El J, if I could almost get Tormsskull hung, I could still get you killed, too)

2007-05-10, 10:14 PM
El J looks down momentarily as his feet are leapt upon. "Ahoy there!" he calls, uncosciously putting a steadying hand on his daughter. "And who might ye be?"

Agneta, already well-versed in the Tao of Cat, reaches out to pet the kitten while still mumbling something around slurps from the bottle. Gaaabaa, death of a thousand souls, mmglbrgrr, the snakepit rising, haaaheee, eternal domain of light, gaaaah!

Thes Hunter
Thes smiles at the Llama as he prances into the room. She gives him a friendly pat on the back. "Long time no see. I hope your burdens have not been weighing heavily on you."

Thes nods at Aerin, the shreds of the toothpick still held firmly between her teeth.

"I do believe I have seen you around before, but I do not believe we exchanged names. The names Hunter, Thes Hunter."

She glares sidelong at the lizard behind the bar to see if he will add any comments.

Kyrian
Kyrian enters and sees the crowd. He goes over to a corner booth and sits in the shadows, watching the tavern quietly.

Trog
2007-05-10, 10:16 PM
Hey it's Trog's favorite quadru-- quad ro-- quarter hors-- er... fourlegged, um, uh, friend. Need a drink, Atreyu?

Er... *looks up at the bird circling his head*

Did someone just whack Trog with an oversized mallet or something? Or maybe an anvil?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-10, 10:18 PM
Thes smiles at the Llama as he prances into the room. She gives him a friendly pat on the back. "Long time no see. I hope your burdens have not been weighing heavily on you."

*He bleats happily, watching the dragon and Agneta and just enjoying being close to Pxp.*
"Not too much, Thes. Not too much. How has the sword-swinging been?"

*he wags at Trog* "Yeah, A llamanade, please. I'd heard you retired and left the bar to Cosmo."

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 10:19 PM
Thes grunts in Trog's direction.

"If something heavy seems to have fallen on your head, maybe your stupidity finally caught up with you."

She looks around for replacement toothpick, and now watches the baby even more in fright.

Thes looks at Atreyu and says "Things have been going well for me. Just got off a contract position removing a couple of armies from the borders of a small by rich kingdom. Sometimes it's cheaper to pay a few people really good wages to take care of your problem, than lots of people really crappy wages." She grins taking pride in her work.

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 10:19 PM
Phoenix takes a swig of her bottle and keeps to watching the crowd.

Peck continues her circles, twittering and chirping in a delighted fashion.

Phoenixineohp looks up at Trog. She takes a few steps closer.
"Ummm. So I haven't seen Amiria for a while. How is she doing?" She raises an eyebrow.

The little one seems to grin and runs a circle around El J before taking another quick pounce.
That's our new friend. A copper dragon Phoenixineohp happened to pick up. Still very young, but learning quickly.

Trog
2007-05-10, 10:20 PM
*Bends down to talk to Agneta*

Oooooh Izzyo prophitizing? *gasp* Yessyuare *gasp* yezzyuare.

She's a cutie El J. Good to see the men can swim and all of that. Gonna father a whole fleet Trog'd imagine.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 10:21 PM
All very well. I've been out of it for a couple days, now that I think of it. Apparently work sucks. He finishes off the DLB and picks up a second that seems to have been left in front of him by everyone's favourite troglodyte when he was serving everyone but Thes. So El J, how are you planning on getting rid of the king?

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 10:23 PM
((hehe... just caught the edit...))

Rye relaxes a bit at Agneta's petting then tenses again as he picks out what she's saying.
{cat}Umm... what are you talking about? Who died?

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 10:24 PM
Thes cringes on the name Aimira.... but covers by turning to El J.

"Got a royal pain? Regicide is on special this month. Want me to look into the problem?"

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 10:25 PM
Peck decides to finally settle and lands on Trog's crest, weighting it down a little. She then proceeds to chirp happily and occasionally nuzzle his head.

Trog
Trog turns his attention way from the cute baby speaking in tongues and Sets right away to mixing a drink which he seems to be able to do without looking at a single bottle he grabs. In seconds flat and a deft flourish a double Llamanade on the rocks with a fresh stalk of leafy greens for a garnish is on the bar. Trog snaps and the straw holder beind the bar makes a *SPITOO* naise and a jumbo straw lands in the drink.*

Er... Amiria. Well funny you should ask see Trog hasn't seen her i quite while. Our schedules conflict a lot. What with her studies an all. Makes for one lonely Trog Trog can tell you that.

Lord Iames Osari

Thes nods at Aerin, the shreds of the toothpick still held firmly between her teeth.

"I do believe I have seen you around before, but I do not believe we exchanged names. The names Hunter, Thes Hunter."

She glares sidelong at the lizard behind the bar to see if he will add any comments.

I'm Aerin Osari, Aerin says, sipping her fireamber. Can I get you something?

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 10:26 PM
Atok looks up at the word 'regicide'.
Why are you talking about killing royalty? I'm afraid I can't let you do that.

Kyrian
2007-05-10, 10:26 PM
Kyrian rolls his eyes a little. Not that different from the night I first stepped in here...can't believe it's only been a year.

2007-05-10, 10:27 PM
Agneta looks up at Trog and giggles. Mawhh, hee! Flaming daggers, geehee, daggers in your eyes! Geeheeheee! She glances at the kitten. {cat}Mgaw, no dead yet silly kitty. Bweee!{/cat}

El tries not to look to surprised, but manages to answer Destro. "I was really just helping. Transportation, you might say...a fellow countryman also done wrong by our noble King. I can't really say I know what his plan was." He reaches down to pet the dragonling.

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 10:29 PM
Thes attempts to ignore any conversation going on behind the bar.

Thes waves off Aerin's offer, and says,
"No I'm alright. I don't

drink
especially here
If I need anything I have my flask.

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 10:29 PM
Rye eyes Agneta curiously.
{cat}Going to die? Why?{/cat}

((he can speak common but this is probably best left between them right now))

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 10:30 PM
Oh. Darn, I wanted to help. Destro grins and looks over at Agneta, wondering about the foreshadowing. If he was a bard he'd probably add "Dun dun dun" but he isn't. So instead he asks Is that normal behaviour?

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 10:31 PM
Phoenixineohp seems to hummm at that answer.
"I see. She came by the other day, wondering how her boyfriend was doing. I didn't know if you two got to catch up or not." She casually watches Trog as she takes a sip of her drink.

Phoenix's attention seems to have drifted away from the dragon and land squarely on Agneta. She gets up and walk over to her, leaning next to her on the counter. She slowly reaches over and takes away the bottle, keeping it out of reach and being careful not to touch the baby.

The little dragon seems to huff happily at the attention, flapping its wings a little and rubbing it's head against El J's leg.

2007-05-10, 10:32 PM
The Pirate King shrugs. "Who knows? She is a baby after all. I'm sure it'll all make sense some day. Or not." He scratches the dragon's chin.

Agneta pets Rye's nose. {cat}Nope, you're not dead yet, kitty. But your nose is sure cold. Mwgawwh.{/cat} She gives a bit of a whimper as Pxp takes away her bottle, but seems to realize with a sigh that she really probably has had enough after all.

Trog
2007-05-10, 10:34 PM
Hee hee "daggers in Trog's eyes" What a cutie. Trog's first word was "Ba-ba" which meant bottle, naturally. *swigs off of bottle*

Trog would put a nipple on this thing but Trog might get too turned on. Or Thes might.

*uses a claw to pet Peck*

So who's killing the king then? And.. er.. do we have a King? Trog thought there was just an Emperor. Of course there was a coucil too so who knows how the heck this Town is run, really.

Uberblah
{cat}Why are people going to die? And a cold, moist nose means I'm healthy.{/cat}

Atok continues watching the group of plotters.
I said I can't let you do that.

Lord Iames Osari
Alright, Aerin sips her fireamber. At Destro's question, she answers, This is Town. You expect normalcy?

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 10:38 PM
Not really, but I expected that a baby might be a little more normal than everything else around here, having had less time to embrace the madness. I do kind of hope it makes sense though. I like foreshadowing. Destro takes another swig of DLB and turns to address Atok. Why not?

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 10:38 PM
Thes teeth clench.

A second later with a *PING PIINGG* sound a board from the bar is in Thes' hand whole and unmarred, but two nails tinkle off of the far walls.

She brandishs the board as if she was a switch hitter for the Dodgers, and levels her stare at Trog.

"Would you get over your little fetishs! I. Don't. Like. Women. OK?!

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 10:40 PM
Peck twitters happily at being pet and leans in to the scratches. Apparently she might have been spending too much time with the llama.

Phoenixineohp looks over to Phoenix and stays quiet. Then something hits her and she spins around to stare at Aerin. "You're back! You... you're back!"

The bottle vanishes from Phoenix's hand as she continues to stare at the baby.
Has she spoken in any languages that you know of yet? Anything more in common or had her first words before?

Kyrian
Kyrian looks over at everyone at the bar. Starting with Jaspero. He remembered his father helping him when the evil inside him took over. And the price it had cost him. Kyrian sighed, realizing he'd helped destroy his father's sainthood. His gaze shifted over to Trog. Oh Trog, always one to help out, at least he seemed that way. Kyrian remembered talking to Trog during one of the first nights in Town. A small smile came to the Saiyan's lips, as he remembered Trog giving him money to start up his protection agency. What a relief that didn't work out. Kyrian summons a rootbeer as his eyes turn to Phoenixineohp. Sure, things didn't turn out as he'd once hoped they would have, but in the end, Kyrian saw her more as a friend than anything else, and he knew he'd always be thankful for that. His thoughts nagged him, as he wonder if he should tell her about the Dark Saiyans being back. She had wanted to help before, and his big headedness stopped him from waiting. She'd probably help again, but Kyrian decided to say nothing to her now, and stayed quietly in his corner. He didn't want to bother her, as she seemed to be having a good time at the moment. Plus there's the llama. He didn't want to get the llama caught up in this again, even though he knew that Atreyu would eagerly join him to fight against Xemnas. Kyrian wasn't about to let his friend go to his death though. He sighed, knowing what he really had to do, but not knowing how to do it yet. He knew Lillah would want to go with him, but he didn't want to risk her. Sure, she was getting better at her fighting, but Kyrian wasn't sure if it was good enough to fight even Demyx. The thought of losing her, or any of his friends, hurt Kyrian like nothing that'd ever happened to him before.

Uberblah
Atok turns to look at Destro.
Because that's murder and punishable by law, a.k.a. me.

Fenric
2007-05-10, 10:41 PM
Lirian (who looks remarkably similar to Aesa) wanders into the tavern and heads up to the bar.

Trog
2007-05-10, 10:42 PM
*Trog snorts at Thes* Well obviously not! Trog thinks it's obvious who you have your eyes on. Well, obvious to Trog anyways. Trog can pick up on these things. Trog's a bartender.

*grins slyly at her*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
*The llama curls up at Pxp's feet and starts sleeping*

(sorry everyone, but working out means a tired llama much earlier in the night.)

Lord Iames Osari
Peck twitters happily at being pet and leans in to the scratches. Apparently she might have been spending too much time with the llama.

Phoenixineohp looks over to Phoenix and stays quiet. Then something hits her and she spins around to stare at Aerin. "You're back! You... you're back!"

The bottle vanishes from Phoenix's hand as she continues to stare at the baby.
Has she spoken in any languages that you know of yet? Anything more in common or had her first words before?

Aerin smiles. Yes, I am. I have been for a couple of months now.

2007-05-10, 10:43 PM
"Not our king. Raust, King of the Northlands. And there's nothing to stop, Renrik failed. Captured or dead, I don't know. I couldn't ask too many questions without drawing more suspicion on myself than I was already bearing, and I'm a wanted man up there so suspicion is a bad thing."

El J scoops up his daughter Bwauhh, three daughters! and rebundles her. "Sad to say, I must be returning to port before the missus finds us missing."

Agneta waves to Rye from within her blanket. {cat}People always die, kitty. Come play some time! Bah bah bah!{/cat}

The Pirate King doffs his hat, tucks his daughter under his arm, and gives Kyrian a quick nod before heading back out into the street.

((0ff to bed me goes.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-10, 10:45 PM
(P.S. good posting, Kyrian.)

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 10:45 PM
Phoenix closes her eyes and stands up. A cane appears in her hand and she starts to lean against it.

Phoenixineohp quickly notices somethings not right and goes over to her. Soon, she too stiffens and some of her good mood seems to go away.

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 10:47 PM
Thes screams... at full battle cry volume... now unaware of those around her....
"I pay attention only to myself and the enemy. And that is all I pay attention to. You filthy, stinking, two-timing, back-stabbing, out for his own interests, cigerette puffing, alcoholic!"

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 10:48 PM
Rye watches with curiosity as Agneta is swept up by El J.
{cat}Maybe sometime...{/cat}

Atok looks over at Aerin who he just now realized is in the tavern.
Why aren't you saying anything?

Kyrian
((Thanks Llama))

Kyrian watched Phoenix from his shadows, looking a little concerned. Part of him told him to get up and go over to his friends, see if there was anything he could do to help. But he didn't. Getting closer to his friends would only hurt everyone all the more in the end, so he felt that it'd be better if he just kept his distance. Besides...it was the Town. Not like they really needed him anyways, he was just another power player, someone anyone could find if they walked into the right place.

Lord Iames Osari
Is something wrong? Aerin asks, watching Pxp and Phoenix.

To Atok: Hm? About what?

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 10:49 PM
Alright. Well, goodnight El J. Let me know if there's any way I can help. Destro waves to the pirate king and then spins his chair around to continue talking to Atok. Sure. I get that. But how does that stop me from doing it?

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 10:50 PM
Peck suddenly stops twittering. She stands up and flies off of Trog and towards Thes. Getting right into her face the tiny little bird starts to chatter madly, bobbing up and down in the air.

Seeing the tension in his care takes shift and his playful feet walk out the door the dragon seems to back off and slinks over to Atreyu, curling up on him and watching everything.

Kyrian
2007-05-10, 10:52 PM
Kyrian continued to watch, his hand slowly closing into a tightly clenched fist. A fist that became wreathed in a small fire of energy, one that Kyrian hadn't seen for months. And one he still didn't see, as he wasn't paying attention to it. Instead he was still focused on his friends, though his gaze also seemed to pass through them. As if there were an internal struggle going on in his head, and it looked like it'd be one that could last a while. As if the choices weren't clear. Which way, what path, what's the next step?

Trog
2007-05-10, 10:53 PM
Sure. That's what makes you a good warrior. Obviously you need to hone that. But what about FUN Thes? You must remember that? At some point. Seriously everytime Trog has seen you in the past six months

*Here Trog mixes a drink and downs it*

all you have done is yell at Trog for being Trog. Well Trog can't help being Trog! But if it makes you feel better Trog will lay off the gender jokes for a while. You're obviously in need of getting some. Trog just offering is all.

*lights another cigarette and raises an eyebrow at Thes*

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 10:55 PM
((Thes, Trog, i want to say that if i didn't know that you two were married OOC this would give a good idea. also i haven't laughed this hard in awhile. thanks :smallbiggrin:))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-10, 10:58 PM
((They aren't married yet... I don't think...))

Aerin transfers her attention from Pxp and Phoenix long enough to say to Thes over her shoulder, I know of a place that offers those kinds of services. If you're interested.

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 10:59 PM
Thes in one motion lifts her left hand to swipe the twittering bird away.

And with the other hand, she swings the bar board just below Trog's head. Like how one aims in front of the deer. The physics and trajectory of the swing masterly planned out, calculated with Trog's abilty to dodge out of sticky situations as well.

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 11:01 PM
((really? from various stuff i've read throughout the boards, i thought they were...))

Atok shrugs seeing Aerin isn't answering him. He turns back to Destro.
So you don't care about being thrown in jail? I'm sure regicide is punishable by a longer jail time then normal murder.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-10, 11:04 PM
Is something wrong? Aerin asks, watching Pxp and Phoenix.

To Atok: Hm? About what?

((*points to edit*))

Trog
2007-05-10, 11:06 PM
Trog goes to take a casual sip out of his drink and catches a 2x4 to the face with a jaw snapping *KRAK!*

AAAAH! Carefuww!! Twog's god a bewverage hewre!

*Trog spits some blood onto the floor and takes a shakey drag off of his cigarette which has blood all over it like so much lipstick.*

That na best youw god?

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 11:06 PM
((<.< >.> Shhhh....))

Atok looks over his shoulder and thumbs at the conspirators.
These few are plotting regicide.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 11:07 PM
Well normally I would, see. But there's this little thing with me having centuries to do whatever I want and... Destro pauses as something hits him. Do you guys even have a jurisdiction?

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 11:09 PM
Thes puts both hands on the board.

She winds up, and there's the pitch.

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 11:09 PM
Atok turns back to Destro.
I didn't say I was going to arrest you did I? Just try and stop you.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-10, 11:11 PM
Our jurisdiction as the Town Police ends at the town line. Which king, incidentally?

Kyrian
2007-05-10, 11:11 PM
Kyrian gets up and walks over to Phoenix and Pxp. He gently touches the latter on the shoulder, but says nothing as he walks out the door.

Trog
2007-05-10, 11:13 PM
*With preternatural speed a glittering spear jettisons from an interior pocket into Trog's hands. Trog sets it an instant before the blow hits, the magical spear point carving the wood in twain.*

Twog afrwaid Trog' has too ask you to weave the pwemesis. he says resignedly.

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 11:14 PM
Again turning, this time towards Aerin.
I'm not sure.
And he swivels back to face Destro.
Who are you plotting against?

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 11:14 PM
King of the Northlands, wherever those are. You'd have to ask El J. Probably north somewhere. Destro appears greatly amused by the whole thing. It's as if he dislikes all law, or something like that. That is also true. Oooh, I have an idea!

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 11:17 PM
Atok grumbles.
Fine. I can't believe they're going to get away with it...
He turns to Aerin.
Well then we can't do anything huh?

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 11:20 PM
Ticked at being disrespected Peck does what comes naturally to her. She turns into a two foot fire ball. Generally still located right by Thes's face.

Phoenix seems to weaken a little and her fire wings rip put of her back. Phoenixineohp steps to help her to a seat and then moves to get a better view of everything. She sees Peck burst and seems to pale a little.

"Aerin, I'd love to chat in a moment. Just right now..." She moves to get closer to Trog.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-10, 11:21 PM
Aerin nods. That's right. She sighs.

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 11:22 PM
What next comes out of Atok's mouth is surprising, considering he's a well-behaved 15-year-old.
F***
He sighs as well.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 11:25 PM
Well hey, I'll still going to give you a chance to stop me. It'll be fun too, I promise. Destro finishes off his drink, grinning widely. I'm going to stand up, go outside, and kill something. Destro stands up, puts his empty glass onto the bar, and begins walking slowly but purposefully towards the door.

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 11:25 PM
Likely to Peck's disappointment, Thes seems fairly unphased by her face being on fire.

One it could be that she is burning with her own firey rage... and two, the damage it is doing seems to be giving her more of a light sun burn than anything else.

---

Thes in one fluid motion pulls her blade from the scabbard on her back. The blade seems to flicker unnaturally in Peck's fire. She swings the blade wide and low, with years of honed practice.

(( And Thes heard Aerin's comments, that was one of the things that threw her into a rage.... but Trog already had her ire. :smallwink: ))

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 11:26 PM
Atok turns to Aerin.
Wanna help? I'll most likely need backup.
He gets up and follows Destro.

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 11:33 PM
Phoenixineohp watches the little fire ball dive bombing Thes.
"Peck that's enough. Stop."

The fire ball stops and turn, a sort of whine seems to come from it.

"Change back and go over to Atreyu."

The fire ball waits a moment before seeming to nod and floating over to Atreyu. It then switches back to a tiny bird that mumbles and chatters as it lands on the llama and curls up in between his ears unhappily.

Phoenixineohp turns back to Trog and Thes.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-10, 11:34 PM
Aerin follows Atok out.

Trog
2007-05-10, 11:34 PM
Trog leaps high up onto the bar, barely getting his tail out the blade's path.

Wook, Thes, wook. Wet's take this outside like ciwilized gentlemen, hmm?

*spits more blood into the vampiric spitoon in the corner which licks it's brass bowl greedily*

*Trog hops down and casts a healing spell on his jaw and open the door with a gentlemanly guesture, his eyes glinting in rage at Thes and the thought of the battle to come*

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-10, 11:36 PM
(( And Thes heard Aerin's comments, that was one of the things that threw her into a rage.... but Trog already had her ire. :smallwink: ))

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/images/JZTDsC3k1aY6tZKHv6O.gif

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 11:38 PM
"Trog. Thes. Come on now. This is unnecessary."

Phoenix groans at the bar, her wings flapping once or twice.

Thes Hunter
2007-05-10, 11:39 PM
Thes pulls her other four attacks that round, when Trog suggests taking things outside.

She grins menacingly at him, and says "Yes, like gentleman.

I don't think you can stop yourself, and still breath. I think I shall help you with that."

Thes gives Trog a toothy grin as she strides outside.

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 11:40 PM
((OotS in the middle of Trog's... nice))

Kyrian
2007-05-10, 11:40 PM
Kyrian steps back in and goes over to Phoenix, taking a seat beside her. Are you ok?

Trog
2007-05-10, 11:44 PM
*Trog holds the door for Thes and as soon as she's outside he slams it shut, bars the door and piles up chairs in front of it. Then makes a comical run to the front door to do the same*

:smalleek: Holy crap Trog can't believe she bought that one.

*He runs over to the bar and smootches the redheads on their foreheads and pats the bird (*sizzle* Ow!)*

If she manages to get back in tell her you last saw Trog go through the mirror.

*Trog rushes into his back room and closes the doors. The sounds of numerous locks being clicked and furniture being moved can be heard.*

(Night all!)

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 11:45 PM
((Night Trog. Great show. Hope I didn't interfere to much.))

Phoenixineohp huffs slightly at Trog but smiles. She turns and goes back over to Phoenix and Kyrian.

Through gritted teeth Phoenix lets out.
I... I'm just not used to this. Too much going on and I still don't have my energy ... I'm not used to having to do this. To pour it all into control constantly.

Phoenixineohp frowns slightly and passes her a new drink.

Kyrian
2007-05-10, 11:47 PM
Kyrian looks up to Pxp, not quite sure what Phoenix is going on about.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-10, 11:47 PM
((*bursts out laughing* That's awesome Trog. And G'night))

Uberblah
2007-05-10, 11:49 PM
((night Trog. don't let the Thes's bite... attack... whatever))

phoenixineohp
2007-05-10, 11:51 PM
Phoenixineohp walks around the bar to sit next to her two friends.

"She had an incident a while back and hasn't fully recovered yet. Everything takes a lot of control and energy. Especially when things get busy like that and it just gets... overwhelming."

Kyrian
2007-05-10, 11:53 PM
Overwhelming....a feeling I know far too much about...

phoenixineohp
2007-05-11, 12:00 AM
Phoenix takes a deep breath.
I can tell.... We all need to just remember time. There is lots of it. More than enough.

"That's right. No need to rush or push. Just take it easy and relax."

Kyrian
2007-05-11, 12:01 AM
Easier said then done.

phoenixineohp
2007-05-11, 12:11 AM
Phoenix just shakes her head. Phoenixineohp looks over to Kyrian apologetically.
"Sorry, but I think I need to take the group home. Are you going to be okay?

Kyrian
2007-05-11, 12:16 AM
Kyrian slowly nods. I should be fine.

phoenixineohp
2007-05-11, 12:21 AM
"I'll see you soon and we'll chat more okay?" She helps Phoenix walk closer to the rest of their bunch before turning back.

"Take care okay. And say hi to your wife for me." She smiles and nods to him as they all vanish.

Kyrian
2007-05-11, 12:25 AM
Kyrian sits there for a while before vanishing.

Uberblah
2007-05-11, 12:57 AM
Rye suddenly disappears.

metakirb
2007-05-11, 10:00 AM
Kemros walks in and sits down

okay, so you made some progress but you still need to purify the sword

Kemros glances at him

Geez, why so down?

Kemros faces the serpent completely

i see... i'm sorry but i can't do anything about that can i?

Kemros turns and begins to relax

Don't get too comfy...

wxdruid
2007-05-11, 10:15 AM
Jaric strolls into the tavern and irritably looks around before remembering his manners and changes to a smile and a friendly wave for everyone. He sits at the bar and orders a glass of wine. Cosmo brings it over and Jaric leaves a generous tip. He sits back to sip his wine as he looks around.

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 11:05 AM
In the middle of the tavern, a blue-rimmed portal flashes into existence, and the two mephits, Shal and Ethrai, appear. They both look rather weary, and Ethrai has a large, black burn mark across his face.
{Auran} "I can't believe you lost her!"
{Auran} "Oh? Sorry, but I wasn't the one who was meant to be tracking her down..."
{Auran} "You should have."
{Auran} "Oh shut up. Be thankful there wasn't anything important in that bag..."
They then move over to a table and sit, waiting.

wxdruid
2007-05-11, 11:17 AM
Jaric sits and tries to decide if he's bored enough to leave, but he finds the black burn mark on Ethrai rather interesting and stays to watch them.

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 11:29 AM
The mephits mutter to each other quietly in their native tongue, glancing around at the door every now and then. They appear to be waiting for someone. Ethrai seems oblivious to the mark across his face. After a short while, Shal's eyes focus on Jaric, narrowing ever so slightly.

wxdruid
2007-05-11, 11:32 AM
Jaric smiles and waves in a friendly manner.

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 11:36 AM
Ethrai's attention now also turns to Jaric, and he gives a small, nervous wave back. Shal just scowls a little.
"Hey." Ethrai says to Jaric quietly, taking off and slowly hovering over towards him.

wxdruid
2007-05-11, 11:38 AM
Jaric's smile widens, "Hello," he offers his hand in greeting.

Rebonack
2007-05-11, 11:42 AM
Maph'tey is currently seated at his usual table working on one of his usual carvings.

It currently bears an uncanny resemblance to a crystalline flower.

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 11:43 AM
Ethrai is well accustomed to the human greeting and shakes his hand.
"Greetings. I am Ethrai, this is Shal. We're mephits, in case you were wondering."
"Yeah, many people mistake us for bats." Shal jokes, chuckling a little from where he is.

wxdruid
2007-05-11, 11:47 AM
Jaric smiles and extends a tiny tendril of himself, feeling for Ethrai's soul. "Very pleased to meet you Ethrai and Shal. I haven't met to many mephits. I'm Jaric."

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 11:54 AM
Ethrai's soul is found easily enough. The mephit looks a little warily at the tendril, but doesn't pay it too much attention.
"Jaric. Right, gotcha. Yeah, I haven't seen any other mephits around here apart from me and Shal." Ethrai comments.

wxdruid
2007-05-11, 11:56 AM
Jaric smiles wider, "All the more reason to be glad to finally meet you both." He ends the contact and picks up his wine, "May I buy you a drink?"

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 12:00 PM
"Nah, we don't need to drink. At all." Ethrai says with a slight shake of his head.
"One of the advantages of being an extraplanar creature..." Shal adds, smirking.

Who
2007-05-11, 12:07 PM
*Walks in followed by K9*
Evening all

wxdruid
2007-05-11, 12:11 PM
Jaric takes a sip of his wine, "I suppose you'll never know what you're missing then. A good glass of wine is a joy to drink, a pleasure on the tongue and I enjoy the experience."

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 12:16 PM
"Oh, I tried drinking stuff, but it just froze in my mouth." Shal says, shuddering a little.
Ethrai gives a slight chuckle.

wxdruid
2007-05-11, 12:17 PM
Jaric raises an eyebrow, "An interesting reaction."

Who
2007-05-11, 12:17 PM
*Starts juggling*

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 12:19 PM
"Hilarious, more like."
"Hey, it took my half an hour to get that thing off my tongue. I was in pain." Shal grunts, forehead furrowing.

wxdruid
2007-05-11, 12:21 PM
"Really...can't say as I've had that experience, so it hurt to have frozen wine on your tongue?" He glances over at Who's juggling and watches for a moment.

Who
2007-05-11, 12:25 PM
*Who trips and drops all the balls*
Damn all ways when people look

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 12:27 PM
"It does when he tries to rip it off..." Shal growls, pointing at Ethrai.
The other mephit gives a nervous giggle and a sheepish grin.
"Only trying to help..." he says under his breath.

wxdruid
2007-05-11, 12:33 PM
Jaric smothers a laugh at the thought of ripping off the ice and the probable reaction.

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 12:33 PM
*Tereal walks in*

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 12:37 PM
Shal scoffs a bit after a moment.
"And people call him the nice one out of the two of us."
Ethrai puts on an innocent look.
"That's because I am. What, can't I have a little revenge for the many things you've done to me?" he questions, smirking only slightly.

Who
2007-05-11, 12:38 PM
*Nods to Tereal*
Hi

wxdruid
2007-05-11, 12:39 PM
Jaric smirks and covers it with a sip of wine.

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 12:42 PM
Hello. who are you?

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 12:44 PM
From over the other side of the tavern, near the fireplace, Mychasi wakes up after a long nap. He instantly spots the two mephits and flaps over.
"Hey Ethrai!" He says in his cheerful voice.
"And Shal..." he adds after a moment with far less enthusiasm.
"Oh gods... it's the freaking dragon again..."
"What happened to your face, Ethrai?"

Who
2007-05-11, 12:46 PM
*To Tereal*
I'm Who and this is K9 and may I inquire into who might you be?

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 12:50 PM
Tereal Barkinson. Chamberlain at silver thorn castle.

Who
2007-05-11, 12:52 PM
And what brings you to the town?

wxdruid
2007-05-11, 12:52 PM
Jaric uses the moment of distraction to leave the Tavern.

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 12:54 PM
I don't know. It seemed like a nice come place to stay for a while. Just goes to show how wrong I was.

Who
2007-05-11, 12:56 PM
Well everywhere looks nice when you first see it. Then everything goes wrong

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 12:59 PM
Thats true.

*He looks at the K9*

Did you build him?

Who
2007-05-11, 01:01 PM
Yes I did, he's probably the greatest of my creations, except maybe my ship but that was more botany.

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 01:03 PM
Ethrai doesn't really notice Jaric leave.
"One word, Mychasi. Tham."
"Ah." Mychasi says, a little awkwardly.

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 01:05 PM
What ship?

Who
2007-05-11, 01:07 PM
Allow me to show you
*Who runs out and seconds later a blue police appears out of nowhere and Who steps out*
This is my ship the Time and Relative Dimension in Space, or Tardis for short

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 01:10 PM
Oh. what does it do.....

Rebonack
2007-05-11, 01:10 PM
The Traveler glances up from his work at the sound of a familiar voice.

"Hey Mychasi. How goes life?"

Who
2007-05-11, 01:11 PM
Travel through time and space and as much as I'd love to continue this conversation I've got to go.
*Who enters the Tardis and it disappears accompanied by a wooshing noise*

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 01:22 PM
Random walks in, and slumps heavily into a chair. He lets his walking stick just fall to the floor and leans back in his chair.

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 01:31 PM
*Tereal looks at Random with squinted eyes*

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 01:34 PM
Random glances over a Tereal. A frown appears on his face. "What?"

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 01:41 PM
You ever herd of some thing called KNAVES?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 01:43 PM
Despite the fact that he has heard of KNAVES, and is in fact a member of KNAVES, Random manages to pull off a very puzzled look. "Can't say that I have. Why do you want to know anyway?" He turns away briefly to order a DLB then leans back in his chair and sips it slowly.

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 01:48 PM
no reason.

lie. Tereal thinks.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 01:52 PM
Random bends down and picks up his walking stick. He sits back down at chuckles as he watches Tereal. "Absolutely no reason? You know I find that a little hard to believe. I think you've got a grudge against KNAVES and you were wondering if I was part of this KNAVES. Then I assume you'd have decided to kill me. But since I'm not part of KNAVES, whatever that is, none of that is important." He sips his drink and grins.

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 02:01 PM
Random dont forget to send your friends at KNAVES after me.

*He leaves*

The Geomancer
2007-05-11, 02:05 PM
((How could he possibly know that?))

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 02:07 PM
((He has a reason. If you captured him you mite find out what it is.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 02:36 PM
((How? Just, how?))

Random doesn't even blink at this. "Well, part of KNAVES? What is KNAVES anyway? And, no...Whatever." He finishes his drink and orders another. "Why did he think I was part of KNAVES I wonder..." He pretends to think about this, but he is really wondering how Tereal knew he was part of KNAVES.

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 02:40 PM
(( Could I change some thing? He knows that you are a member of KNAVES, but not your KNAVES name.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 02:41 PM
((Okay, I'll have to edit my post as well then.))

Nightwing
2007-05-11, 02:46 PM
((Tereal is in the streets.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 02:53 PM
((Random isn't stupid, he's staying well away from Tereal. After all, Tereal was asking for a battle and Random is a very cautious and suspicious man.))

Random finishes his second drink and leans back in his chair. He yawns and pays for the drinks, but doesn't make any attempt to leave the tavern.

Deadly
2007-05-11, 04:47 PM
The door to the tavern goes up and a woman enters.

http://www.tangveje.dk/oots/cali.gif

She seems to be made of some green metal and what might have looked like armor from afar actually appears to be a part of her. Still, her movement is much more fluid and soft than would be expected from someone made of metal.

She looks around the tavern and narrows her eyes, then sits down at a table, still looking around.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 04:50 PM
Random watches her with some interest. "Well there's something you don't see every day." He comments. He orders a DLB then goes back to staring at the metal woman, obviously intrigued. He sips his drink and watches.

Deadly
2007-05-11, 04:56 PM
The woman turns to Random I should think not. And I could say the same of you, I suppose. Her voice, like her movement, is much smoother than would be expected.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 04:59 PM
"Indeed, I doubt anyone else has managed to alter their DNA as I have." He takes another sip of his drink. "However, I simply have to ask, are you made entirely out of that metal?"

Deadly
2007-05-11, 05:06 PM
Well, that would be like asking you if you were made entirely out of carbon. So the answer would be no, I am not made entirely of one material.

Alchemistmerlin
2007-05-11, 05:09 PM
"I'm made entirely of one material" M says as he enters, eavesdropping as usual "And that material is called 'Awesome'" he chuckles to himself and pops a few color-changing candies in his mouth.

"Evenin' all"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 05:10 PM
"Fair enough. So what are you doing in this town?" He finishes his drink and orders another, giving M a curious glance.

Deadly
2007-05-11, 05:12 PM
She smiles at M, obviously not without humor, and turns back to Random Just found my way here by chance and found it an intriguing place in need of a closer study.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 05:15 PM
Random smiles. "This town is a very...interesting place. It's filled with a wide variety of beings, many of them are unique. However, this town is not without its flaws."

Deadly
2007-05-11, 05:18 PM
I see. What flaws might that be?

Alchemistmerlin
2007-05-11, 05:21 PM
"Random demon attacks, random God attacks, random Dragon attacks, random Demonic Dragon God attacks" He shrugs and orders a Kobold Chianti.

Warpfire
2007-05-11, 05:24 PM
Nathaniel comes out of dead time to look over at the woman and comment, "It'd take a long time to list all the 'flaws' this place has."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 05:25 PM
Random sighs and sips his drink again. "Mainly the violence. Fights seem to occur almost anywhere, and on a daily basis." He pauses and considers his time in the town. "Now I haven't been here that long but I can already tell that most people here are incredibly powerful, and very deadly in combat. This town is quite dangerous actually."

Alchemistmerlin
2007-05-11, 05:26 PM
"Meh you can survive here even if you're weak and small of stature" M smiles, his mousy whiskers twitching. "The 'powerful' folk tend to just fight amongst themselves, it's pretty easy to get out of the way"

Deadly
2007-05-11, 05:26 PM
She nods thoughtfully I did seem to pick up a high concentration of power in this place. Quite unusual.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 05:34 PM
"Yeah, that would be because of the small group of Gods who inhabit this town. There's quite a lot of them for such a small place." He sips his drink and leans back in his chair.

Alchemistmerlin
2007-05-11, 05:37 PM
"And they do so love to remind you of their Godhood."

M sips his drink and then scratches his head "Hey wait a minute...don't Gods get powers from their worshipers? Who worships these folk anyway?"

Deadly
2007-05-11, 05:37 PM
She looks out a window Gods... such a curious concept she mutters thoughtfully

Lord Magtok
2007-05-11, 05:40 PM
A tiny little worm teleports into the tavern, and begins looking around the place in search of a wizard.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 05:41 PM
"Indeed, back on my home world we were never bothered by Gods. It was actually possible to have a nice qu-, I mean simple life." He looks over at M. "I honestly don't know. You just kind of assume they all have a few wackos following them about."

Alchemistmerlin
2007-05-11, 05:42 PM
M shrugs "Takes all kinds"

Deadly
2007-05-11, 05:45 PM
The woman shrugs and looks over the menu

Rebonack
2007-05-11, 05:45 PM
"Most of them had the power thrust on them from other gods," Maph'tey pipes up from his table. "Very few of them have many worshipers that aren't alts... I mean... priests at their temples."

The Traveler nods very sagely at this.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 05:47 PM
Random stares at the worm, sure it wasn't there a minute ago. He walks over and tries to pick it up, intending to inspect it and find out if it is an ordinary worm or something else.

Lord Magtok
2007-05-11, 05:48 PM
The worm pulls a ninja rope out of thin air, and uses it to swing over to Random's table, going out of its way to not be in his hand.

I need to find a wizard. Do you know where I can get one?

The Geomancer
2007-05-11, 05:50 PM
((Happy Jumping for Worms!))

Alchemistmerlin
2007-05-11, 05:50 PM
M starts juggling "Always a good way to pass the time"

Rebonack
2007-05-11, 05:52 PM
"I'm a wizard!" pipes up an icy voice from Maph'tey's general location.

"No, you're a sorcerer. If you were a wizard you would have a frumpy hat."

"Hey, I can do anything a wizard can. Except I do it with pizazz!"

Maph'tey sighs and shakes his head.

Deadly
The woman puts down the menu again. She doesn't order anything, just looks thoughtfully around the room

Gnrlshrimp
Random stares at the worm. Most things wouldn't surprise him these days...but a talking worm? "Can't say that I do...Um, you can talk right? I'm not hallucinating am I?"

AmberVael
2007-05-11, 05:55 PM
The worm pulls a ninja rope out of thin air, and uses it to swing over to Random's table, going out of its way to not be in his hand.

I need to find a wizard. Do you know where I can get one?
((Worms for the win!))

Lord Magtok
2007-05-11, 05:59 PM
The worm sighs, and speaks very slowly, in a direct attempt to insult Random's intelligence.

I waas a huuumaaan. I had a little ack-sid-dent with a stooopid masheeen, and now I'm a wooorm. Understaaand?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 06:03 PM
Random growls and glares at the worm. "Obviously you don't know who I am..." He brings his temper under control. "I can understand you perfectly, you pathetic little...little...er, worm?" He takes a couple of deep breaths. "So tell me, what kind of machine managed to turn you into a worm?"

Rebonack
2007-05-11, 06:08 PM
Ruin, getting annoyed at being ignored, activates True Sight to see if he can't figure out what the worm used to be.

Lord Magtok
2007-05-11, 06:12 PM
((The worm was once Magtok, a human.))

The machine was supposed to do something completely different, but my player screwed around with it so I'd be stuck like this for a while. I'm just lucky that damned trout wizard guy hasn't seen me like this.

Rebonack
2007-05-11, 06:14 PM
Ruin proceeds to cast Polymorph Any at the evil worm overlord in an attempt to return him to his original form.

Maph'tey continues to work on his carving.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 06:15 PM
Random chuckles. "Ah, our players. Forever tormenting our lives and altering our destinies." He finishes off the last of his drink and resumes staring at the worm. "So what was the machine supposed to do?"

Lord Magtok
2007-05-11, 06:24 PM
The polymorph spell works, and Magtok is returned to his old self.

Ah, that's much better.

As for your question, I'm afraid I can't tell you what the machine was supposed to do.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-11, 06:27 PM
"Oh really? And why is that?" He looks at the table, which creaks under the sudden extra weight. "You might want to get off the table."