PDA

View Full Version : Which Feat Would You Choose

Paeleus
2015-09-05, 12:43 AM
Playing a gish filling the striker role. I have room for one more feat and the choice is now between Magic Initiate taking the guidance and thornwhip cantrips and healing word spell from Druid. OR. The lucky feat.

The Alert Feat is also on my mind, but I'm not sure that will give anything comparable to awesome cantrips and healing or rerolls on botches.

What opinion is grounders?

blackspeeker
2015-09-05, 01:00 AM
I really enjoy the Lucky feat, it's payed off really well, I think you'll probably get more mileage out of it than the cantrips and healing word.

I can't discount Alert though.

Coidzor
2015-09-05, 02:33 AM
So you already have Warcaster or don't need it?

Rhaegar14
2015-09-05, 04:43 AM
Yeah, you're asking us to help you answer a question without giving us the proper context. What class/level are you, what feats do you already have, and what is the rest of your party?

Paeleus
2015-09-05, 02:31 PM
So you already have Warcaster or don't need it?

I don't believe I need it. The DM has said that I can perform somatic components with one hand (kinda lucky on that), I have proficiency I CON saves, and even though spells as OA are cool, my bread and butter is my sword.

Yeah, you're asking us to help you answer a question without giving us the proper context. What class/level are you, what feats do you already have, and what is the rest of your party?

Half elf
BM GWF Fighter 3(max 11)
Wild Sorcerer 1(max 9)

5 ASIs - 3 ASIs, 2 feats: GWM and _______ feats. Debating between 20 STR and 18 CHA or vice versa. 18 in CHA is sacrificing +1 in my spell save and my roll to hit cantrips and spells (which there are few) while a -1 damage/to hit from an 18 in STR could be a non issue with superiority die, proficiency bonuses and ToC/advantage rolls. I farm the crap outta ToC and the Wildsurge table and have thus far been rewarded with 1 cast spell as bonus action/min and 3(!!!) up to 3 targets take 4d10 Lightning damage. Needless to say I'm ready to be turned into a potted plant or fireball the group.

Current maneuvers - Precision, Evasive footwork, Trip Attack.
Future maneuvers - Ripostè, Menacing strike, Commanders strike, and Disarming or lunging.

10 spells total, all (except a few) material componentless.

Quickened and Subtle

Party:
-Human Diviner with the lucky feat. Buff/debuff, rp spell focus.
-Fairy Coast(?) Druid. Healer and minor battlefield control
-Panther Rakshasa Shadow monk with mobile feat. Stealth and speed machine. Possibly taking an assassin dip
-Varman Fiend Bladelock. STR Great sword/ EB user. Darkness/Devils Sight shenanigans separate him from the rest of us, but his starting lvl in fighter, Heavy Armor Master, and AoA make him a good tank when he wants to cooperate lol.