PDA

View Full Version : Warshaper and the Natural Shifters

Ruethgar
2015-09-05, 02:53 PM
So the Warshaper abilities are only useable if you are not in your natural form. For Shifters they are pretty clearly SOL, but I am curious about Tibbits and Hengeyokai. Both species are actually animals that have gained humanoid forms, so would their natural forms be their animal forms despite mechanically their natural forms being humanoid(since that it their type and the animal shapeshifting is a removable ability as opposed to there humanoid form not being a removable feature)?

Nifft
2015-09-05, 03:02 PM
I didn't see which of a Tibbit's forms was its "natural" form, and it doesn't change form when it dies.

Is the "natural" form made explicit somewhere?

Red Fel
2015-09-05, 03:39 PM
I didn't see which of a Tibbit's forms was its "natural" form, and it doesn't change form when it dies.

Is the "natural" form made explicit somewhere?

Its form is made explicit under the Feline Transformation section. Two quick quotes:

At will, as a standard action, a tibbit can transform into a house cat.

In other words, the Tibbit, by default, is not a house cat, but can become one.

A tibbit slain in cat form reverts to her humanoid form after 1 round.

This part is explicit. The Tibbit reverts to humanoid form. By default, humanoid. (Well, Monstrous Humanoid, but you get it.)

Ruethgar
2015-09-05, 03:40 PM
The fluff for Tibbits is that they are the descendants of cat familiars that have developed the ability to assume a humanoid form. So logically their natural form should be a cat.

Edit: However as noted above, mechanically their natural form is their humanoid form.

raygun goth
2015-09-05, 03:44 PM
Shifters aren't out of luck, either, Shifting counts. Changeling is an even better choice; you can basically have the class features active all the time.

Tibbits, as the rules text is written, use the humanoid form as their default form. Meaning your cat form is a warshaper death machine.

Red Fel
2015-09-05, 03:51 PM
Shifters aren't out of luck, either, Shifting counts. Changeling is an even better choice; you can basically have the class features active all the time.

Tibbits, as the rules text is written, use the humanoid form as their default form. Meaning your cat form is a warshaper death machine.

Which actually makes for some terribly entertaining nightmare fuel. Character is confronted by mob, turns into adorable kitten. Mob laughs. Then kitten has way too many teeth. And eyes. And tentaOHMYGODWHAT--

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy299/SesshyItachi/AlucardEyes.gif

I do enjoy the things you can do with an optimized murderTibbit.

Nifft
2015-09-05, 04:19 PM
Its form is made explicit under the Feline Transformation section. (...)

Thanks!

That's gonna be one scary kitten.