PDA

View Full Version : Mordheim - Resources needed

Eldan
2015-09-05, 04:42 PM
Hello everyone. The situation is this:

People at my current shop tries Warhammer: Age of Sigmar a few times, but then pretty much everyone decided they didn't like it, for various reasons, be they fluff or rules. However, there is still interest in a smaller scale game using our old fantasy miniatures.

Hence, Mordheim, which we know works. However, both the setting and the rules of Mordheim are a bit limiting, especially since we have quite a few players who are interested, but don't play any of the correct factions.

So my idea for now is to write a campaign supplement for a Mordheim campaign set somewhere between the Border Princes and the Badlands, centered on small warbands raiding each other's villages and supply caravans and occasionally plundering old ruins.

I know there's already fan supplements out there for Mordheim. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good ones they could link me. I'd especially appreciate new army lists, units, equipment and missions to work from.

Wraith
2015-09-05, 05:29 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?425770-General-Mordheim-Discussion-1st-Dagger-is-Free

Have a look in the old, now dead, Mordheim thread that Blackhawk started. Lots of links to various unofficial missions and warbands rules throughout. :smallsmile:

Winterwind
2015-09-06, 10:38 AM
Since you speak German, there's also this website here:
http://mortheim-pub.de.tl/
which contains a lot of both official and unofficial rules, warbands, etc., neatly collected on a single site. Also makes for a great reference resource if one happens not to have the rulebook around.

A rather awesome looking unofficial supplement, with very interesting campaign rules, new warbands, etc., can be found here:
http://bordertownburning.ciantygames.com/home.html
My local group is probably going to be starting a campaign in it in a few months.

lesser_minion
2015-09-07, 03:55 AM
Honestly haven't touched any GW stuff in years, so some of this might be out of date.

If you kept your 6th edition rulebook and materials, there's an expansion thing in the box explaining how to play the game in skirmish mode, and you might have limited success backporting later stuff to it. There are some other errata you'll need though. Mordheim itself had a supplement called 'Empire in Flames' which described how to run games set in the rest of the Empire at the same time.

Bear in mind that the theme of Mordheim doesn't necessarily support all the craziness of regular Warhammer, so you'll probably need to think up a new starting point.

Eldan
2015-09-07, 04:33 AM
Oh, I wasn't thinking about including everything in Warhammer. But I thought if one had armies of the Empire (with their subfactions per province), the Undead (both Vampires who are in the Badlands to prey on isolated settlements and Barrow Kings defending against tomb raiders); Beastmen, Norse Raiders, Chaos Marauders, Orks, Skaven and Ogres out for raiding, Dwarven miners and/or rangers; Dark Elf slavers and probably wood elves too, I should be covering most of the factions played in our games (I'm not sure if I can find any way to fit in lizardmen, sadly), with some variety.

Thanks for Border Towns, by the way, it's pretty much exactly what I need, and the German page will help a lot too. Think I'll get writing now, there will be a lot of translating to do, still, since a lot of our players don't speak much English.

snowblizz
2015-09-07, 06:04 AM
Oh, I wasn't thinking about including everything in Warhammer. But I thought if one had armies of the Empire (with their subfactions per province), the Undead (both Vampires who are in the Badlands to prey on isolated settlements and Barrow Kings defending against tomb raiders); Beastmen, Norse Raiders, Chaos Marauders, Orks, Skaven and Ogres out for raiding, Dwarven miners and/or rangers; Dark Elf slavers and probably wood elves too, I should be covering most of the factions played in our games (I'm not sure if I can find any way to fit in lizardmen, sadly), with some variety.

Thanks for Border Towns, by the way, it's pretty much exactly what I need, and the German page will help a lot too. Think I'll get writing now, there will be a lot of translating to do, still, since a lot of our players don't speak much English.

I think at one point or another official and/or semi-official lists existed for almost every race that was current for Mordheim.
Also see if you can find Lustria Cities of Gold, that's another official Mordheim expansion set in Lustria, should have Lizardmen in it and should be compatible with mainstream Mordheim. Lizardmen can always fall back on the reason they are present in any game. The Old Ones are here to bring back that trinket your great-great-great...-great father once stole from a temple, and they are only now getting around to hunting you down.

Killer Angel
2015-09-07, 06:15 AM
Also see if you can find Lustria Cities of Gold, that's another official Mordheim expansion set in Lustria, should have Lizardmen in it and should be compatible with mainstream Mordheim.

That's interesting, 'coz some of my friends are picking Mordheim, and my lizzies seems a little out of place in the campaign they're running. Tnx

Eldan
2015-09-07, 07:51 AM
I have found a lizzie list, yeah. The problem is more that I can't really fit them into the old world.

Wraith
2015-09-07, 08:36 AM
If you go south from the Empire ("Germany"), you reach Tilia and Estalia ("Italy" and "Spain"). If you go south from Tilia and Estalia, you reach the Badlands ("The Balkans"). Go south from there to The Land Of The Dead ("Egypt") and south from there to the Southlands ("Central Africa").

There are Lizardman cities in the Southlands. While it's impractical, it is technically an overland walk to Mordheim - it's no crazier for them to be there than, say, the Orcs or Chaos Warriors.

Killer Angel
2015-09-07, 03:01 PM
Well, I can see a group of lizardmen in Mordheim, after a long hunt, following the tails' trails of some damned band of rats.
The problem could be when you want to add some new lizard to your warband.

Winterwind
2015-09-07, 05:04 PM
Thanks for Border Towns, by the way, it's pretty much exactly what I need, and the German page will help a lot too. Think I'll get writing now, there will be a lot of translating to do, still, since a lot of our players don't speak much English.I think there might be some German translation of Border Town Burning somewhere on the web already, since I saw at least one player at my club with a German translation of one of their warbands - though I don't know where that might be found, and a quick Google search did not net me any results. Maybe it's just that warband that's been translated? I'll ask the guy from my club who would know as soon as I get the opportunity (not sure when that might be, though, sorry).

Eldan
2015-09-08, 04:44 AM
Eh, not much of a problem, I have time to do it.