Level: Sorceror/Wizard 3, Knowledge 4
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 5 minutes
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None; harmless
Spell Resistance: No

Upon completion of this spell, you know the starting and ending points of all teleportation spells that either began or ended within 25' (+5'/caster level) of you within the past hour. As an instantaneous effect, this spell does not travel with you; instead, it merely reads the area around you and gives you the appropriate information, dissipating harmlessly afterwards.

In addition, you are considered to have "seen the area casually" for the purposes of determining familiarity with the locations involved with the teleports in question (unless you are already more familiar with the area, in which case, use your higher familiarity) for one minute per caster level.

Material Component: an eye of a newt

Teleportation Tracer, Greater
Divination (Scrying)
Level: Sorceror/Wizard 6, Knowledge 6
Casting Time: 1 full-round action

This spell functions as teleportation tracer does, except as noted here.

Upon completion of this spell, you know the starting and ending points of all teleportation spells that either began or ended within 50' (+10'/caster level) of you within the past 24 hours.

You are considered very familiar with the starting and ending points of teleportation spells identified by this spell for a duration of one hour per caster level.

Material Component: a beholder's eyestalk

Fizban
2007-05-11, 05:58 PM
Unless you meant the spell to read all teleportations since the beginning of time, I think you forgot something.

Fax Celestis
2007-05-11, 06:18 PM
Oh, wow. Let me fix that.

Maryring
2007-05-11, 06:23 PM
Neat. This deserves a thumbs up. It is a good spell, and (though not exactly the same) I prefer this to Anticipate Teleport. You've done a great job.

Although a Beholder's Eyestalk might perhaps have to cost a bit, about 5-10 gp. But that's just my suggestion. Either way, I love the spells.

Winged One
2007-05-11, 06:25 PM
Very nice. I was actually considering making something like this, in fact, but you beat me to it fair and square. I'd reccomend making the ammount of time that can have passed since the last teleport dependant on CL instead of fixed, but that's really just my personal preference. Is it on the list for any non-core classes or varient spell lists? Also, if it's cast from the Knowledge domain, is a divine focus used instead of a material component, or did you not make it an arcane material component intentionally.

DracoDei
2007-05-11, 07:07 PM
I like the concept. MIGHT need to specify which spells will keep it from operating, since otherwise it kills the "I teleport out... we shall meet again and vengence shall be mine." Mechanic that PCs and BBEGs alike are fond of. Then again, Dimensional Anchor does the same, although perhaps moreso, but it DOES allow for SR if I remember correctly.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-11, 07:15 PM
Well, I'd say any spell that fools scrying effects would prevent this spell.