PDA

View Full Version : DM Help I have a concept for a Dungeon Crawl, but I need help actually making it real. Help?

GPuzzle
2015-09-06, 07:33 PM
Essentially, the concept can be described easily as "Takeshi's Castle with undead and also a cult to an Elder God-essque figure".

In fact, that's the entire concept.

But I have no idea of what to put in my dungeon (sounds kinky). Can anyone help me?

NowhereMan583
2015-09-06, 07:39 PM
For those of us not familiar with what Wikipedia tells me is some sort of Japanese game show... could you be more specific?

Shadowsend
2015-09-06, 11:55 PM
Uhh, more details please, also which system are you speaking of, because Takeshi's Castle could be murder on some of the ones that limit skills for the sake of martial or magical power, and Takeshi's Castle seems like it values at least the acrobatics skill. (It might be kinda boring in game to have to roll all the checks that look like they might be required.)

GPuzzle
2015-09-07, 12:24 AM
D&D 4e, but I was thinking more about the situations than it being Takeshi's Castle itself.

Louro
2015-09-07, 06:37 PM
Enter the castle
The will need to go through two walls. One of zombies and a classic castle wall. Hundreds of slow and quishy zombies full of mud. The more melee hits (either attacking or defending) the more mud they get on themselves, raising the wall climb DC.

Room 1: stone falling ramp.
The corridor ends in a ramp on the left and a pit on he right. As soon as they start going up huge round rocks come down, and they end in the pit. Zombies carry the rocks to an elevator to keep the thing going. There are not enough zombies/elevators so some rocks are illusory.

Solutions:
1. A couple of hard running (athletics) checks.
2. Guess the illusory rock pattern. (1 every 3 real ones)
3. Kill the zombies.

Room 2: The pole vault jump over a small lake full of piranhas
Pretty straightforward, acrobatics check or piranhas. Zombie piranhas to save up on maintenance.

Common solution: the skilled guy makes the jump holding the end of a rope and the group passes using that rope.

Room 3: the bridge of hamburgers
Small rocks providig a way to cross the river if you jump from one to another. Draw the rocks and set the fake ones. Do they have a pole long enough to test the rocks? Otherwise it is just a luck roll, and the first one are very much likely going to take a mud bath.

Room 4: The karaoke
After successfully getting inside the castle, the boss/leader wants to know if they are just a bunch of meat or have some artistic skills. So... Its time to sing.

Solution: Just sing something.

Room 5: the living mud corridor
A long and wide corridor with some puddings. Why puddings? Because they are immune to earthquakes. DEX save every round to avoid falling prone. Armor and weapon damage from puddings.

Solution: Move and dodge. Crawl at half speed. Get the dexterous guy to grab and carry he impaired one.

Room 6: The labyrinth
Not a real labyrinth. Just some small rooms with 4 doors connecting each other. 2 guys in there, they will just paint your face with dirty sticky black gloo to blind you and throw you into he piranhas lake from the side rooms.

Solution: CC or kill them before they throw anyone.

Room 7: The race
A race against death. Circular saws will suddenly appear behind them and star moving towards them. They run and at some point gravity will reverse (fall damage). Gravity will back to normal one or two rounds later.

Solution: Or either they take he gravity reverse chance to go back and get themselves behind the saws or they just die.

Yeah, I'm pretty bored right now.