PDA

View Full Version : Playing the Devil's Advocate :D [Politician, part 2: PrC]

Maerok
2007-05-11, 07:37 PM
(See my Politician class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2203857#post2203857) first)

Liberal
(Or... Servitor of Slaughter; an Erythnul PrC)

http://catholic-resources.org/Millennium/ApocFilm90s/Advocate_files/image002.jpg

HD: d6

Prerequisites:
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Skills: Move Silently 8 ranks, Hide 8 ranks, Disguise 8 ranks

Class Skills:
The liberal’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), and Spot (Wis).

Skill Points: 8 + Int modifier.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Weapon Focus (Hammer); Weapon Focus (Sickle); Evil Outsider Aura

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Devour Small Children; Smite Law (1/day)

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|Two-Weapon Fighting (Hammer and Sickle); Disguise Self (1/hour)

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Magic Circle Against Law (1/day); Red Spread

5th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Smite Law (2/day); Burn and Pillage (1/day)

6th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+5|Summon Demon

7th|
+5|
+2|
+2|
+5|Improved Two-Weapon Fighting (Hammer and Sickle)

8th|
+6|
+2|
+2|
+6|Smite Law (3/day)

9th|
+6|
+3|
+3|
+6|Incite Liberal Media

10th|
+7|
+3|
+3|
+7|One-Thousand Years of Darkness; Burn and Pillage (2/day)[/table]

Class Features:
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Liberal is proficient with hammers and sickles, but does not gain any armor proficiencies.

Continued Platforms and Rallies: Liberal levels stack with Politician levels to determine Rally the Masses abilities and Platforms. Platforms may be invested as normal.

Spell-like Abilities: The caster level of any spell-like ability gained through this prestige class is equal to its class level. The DC is equal to 10 + spell level + Charisma modifier, if required.

Evil Outsider Aura (Su): For the purpose of detect spells, treat the Liberal as an outsider of equal HD.

Devour Small Children (Ex): By consuming the body of a creature with a size category one less than its own, the Liberal regains 2 hitpoints per 2 Hit Dice of the creature. This takes a full minute.

Red Spread (Su): Once per day as a standard action, the Liberal may make a melee touch attack. Any creature struck by this ability must succeed on a DC 10 + class level + Cha modifier Will save or suffer from confusion for 1 hour per class level. It becomes Chaotic Evil until the effect is removed.

Smite Law (Su): For a specific number of times per day, the Liberal may add his class levels to his attack roll and twice his class levels to his damage roll against a Lawful creature. This only affects one attack, even among multiple attacks.

Burn and Pillage (Su): For a specific number of times per day for 1 minute each, the Liberal may ignore a number of hardness points when attacking or sundering objects equal to his class level. Half the damage he deals is fire damage and each attack has a 10% chance to set the object on fire. If he strikes a creature, it must succeed on a DC 10 + class level + Cha modifier Reflex save or catch fire. In either case, the fire lasts for 1d4 rounds, dealing 1d6 fire damage a round.

Summon Demon (Su): Once per day, the Liberal may summon a demon of a CR equal to or less than his class level. This demon serves him undoubtedly for 1 hour and then returns to the Abyss. He may either call up a new one each time or use one from before.

Incite Liberal Media (Su): A 9th level Liberal may use the Incite Mob ability of a 14th level Politician, except that the resulting mob gains the Fiendish template and its alignment becomes Chaotic Evil. If the Liberal already has the Incite Mob class ability, this still takes effect.

One-Thousand Years of Darkness (Su): The Liberal gains the Tanar'ri, Evil, and Chaotic subtypes, as well as Tanar'ri traits (see the Demon entry in the Monster Manual or SRD) and the Outsider type. He gains DR 10/lawful and may launch a 60-foot ray dealing 1d6 fire damage and 1d6 negative energy damage from his eyes as a standard action once per 1d3+1 rounds.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-05-11, 08:06 PM
You might wanna say Tanar'ri instead of Baatezu. Tanar'ri are demons, Baatezu are devils.

Maerok
2007-05-11, 08:11 PM
Oops, thanks. I get them confused sometimes. I don't see why they haven't changed it back. Wasn't it because of all that "ooh, demons and devils! t3h satanists!!!"

Demented
2007-05-12, 12:07 AM
Fourth-level seems a bit tame. The class could also use a money-destroying/leeching ability. Hint hint.

Summon Demon: The demon should serve him 'undoubtingly', not 'undoubtedly'.

Also, the weapon proficiencies made me cackle.

thehothead
2007-05-13, 01:57 PM
Liberal: (noun) a member of the liberal party
somebody who is a member of or supports a Liberal Party, for example, in the United Kingdom, Canada, or Australia

Liberal: (Adjective) Progressive politically or socially
politics favoring gradual reform, especially political reforms that extend democracy, distribute wealth more evenly, and protect the personal freedom of the individual
(From encarta)

This class doesn't fit the definition.

Maerok
2007-05-13, 10:01 PM
Have you ever read Babbitt? :smalltongue:

mikeejimbo
2007-05-13, 10:10 PM
Made me chuckle. Will you be doing a Conservative, too?

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2007-05-14, 08:23 AM
Since I'm already a sixth-level Liberal, those of you that disagree with my views may look forward to EYE BEAMS in four level's time.

Rawr.

Maerok
2007-05-14, 02:50 PM
Well to make all things fair, I'd have to do a Conservative class. I'm just coming up with ideas for the moment. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Beefed up level 4.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-05-14, 03:01 PM
Well to make all things fair, I'd have to do a Conservative class. I'm just coming up with ideas for the moment. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Beefed up level 4.

And fringe party politician. Saying that for some reason reminds me of alienists.

Reptilius
2007-05-14, 03:43 PM
Now where can I find me a sickle...

Maerok
2007-05-14, 05:06 PM
And fringe party politician. Saying that for some reason reminds me of alienists.

Definitely calls for an aberration transformation at level 10.

Reptilius
2007-05-14, 08:16 PM
Even without the political commentary, this is a nice PrC. My servant of Erythnul that slaughtered an innocent village has five levels in this class (only with a different name).

Maerok
2007-05-14, 09:00 PM
Cool, and how's that turning out?

Edit: Actually, this could be an Erythnul PrC...