PDA

View Full Version : A little help...I'm not smart enough to find this...

Rasman
2015-09-07, 04:57 AM
I need a little help, Playgrounders. I am searching for an Unpainted Copper Dragon miniature...

I looked at Reaper and they don't have any at all...and they usually pretty well have everything, so I'm a bit at my wits end now. I was wondering if anyone knew of an obscure site that might have them.

Finding them painted isn't a problem, but this is intended to be a gift for my fiancee and she, rather specifically, wants one that is unpainted so she can paint it herself and make it her own.

I would be eternally grateful for any help you wonderful people might be able to offer.

hymer
2015-09-07, 06:27 AM
Not sure this helps, but as long as it's unpainted, it could be just about any dragon, couldn't it? Couldn't you pick another unpainted dragon that you can find, and then she can paint it the bronze she wants? Maybe as a fallback solution.

TheOOB
2015-09-07, 03:04 PM
Not sure this helps, but as long as it's unpainted, it could be just about any dragon, couldn't it? Couldn't you pick another unpainted dragon that you can find, and then she can paint it the bronze she wants? Maybe as a fallback solution.

The D&D bronze dragons has a particular ascetic. Unfortunatly, WotC only releases pre-painted minis, and another company making one would likely be infringing on copyright.

Taffimai
2015-09-08, 10:53 AM
Can you be more specific about which features you're looking for? Every edition has had its own "bronze dragon" art, and they're not completely the same. For example, I'd say Reaper's Blightfang or Cinder are pretty close, but since you've looked at those already, we need to know what it is that defines "bronze dragon" for you.

Rasman
2015-09-10, 03:17 AM
Can you be more specific about which features you're looking for? Every edition has had its own "bronze dragon" art, and they're not completely the same. For example, I'd say Reaper's Blightfang or Cinder are pretty close, but since you've looked at those already, we need to know what it is that defines "bronze dragon" for you.

http://ricksardinha.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/copperdragon1.jpg

I realized that I'm an idiot...I meant Copper...had Bronze on my brain because I'm playing a character named Bron who is a Dragon Sorcerer...

DCraw
2015-09-10, 06:07 AM
Well, if you can't find any other options, you could jury-rig a solution. Take a prepainted mini and cover it with primer. Not only will this cover the existing paint, but it will give a better surface to paint on than bare plastic - thus saving her the tedium of applying primer herself.

It's a bit of a kludge, and if done poorly may cover over some of the finer details of the models shape, but in principle it should work.

Mutazoia
2015-09-11, 10:23 AM
As far as I remember, only Ral Partha (http://www.dndlead.com/ral-partha/rp-wyrm.htm#thumb) did a copper dragon. Unfortunately, they have gone the way of the dodo, so you'll be stuck searching on Ebay and the likes to find one.

A new(ish) company, Ironwind metals have picked up the Ral Partha name, but they don't have the assortment that the original Ral Partha had.