PDA

View Full Version : anyone help a healer design?

ronnyfire
2007-05-11, 09:44 PM
this is a charicter idea im currently planning on using in a campaign a friend is DMing.
lvl 1 gestalt

insane heal bot for a decent sized party basicaly.

I am thinking a lawful good human Healer / Favored Soul.

Attributes :
10 Strength = 0
14 Dexterity = 2
12 Constitution = 1
8 Intelligence = -1
16 Wisdom = 3
18 Charisma = 4

Health:
1d8 HD + 1 = 9HP

AC = 10 + dex =2 + armor = 2 = 14

Saves:
Fortitude: 5
Reflex: 6
Will: 5

4 feats (existing, human, 2 flaws) : Augment Healing: +2 on heals per spell level, Greater Fortitude +2 fort saves, Lightening Reflexes +2 reflex saves.

Flaws : , non combatant = -2 on mele attack rolls

Spells known :
Healer:
(healer spell list)

Favored Soul:
4 0-Level Spells : detect poison, resistance, guidance, create water.
3 1-Level Spells : peace bond, cure light wounds, sanctuary

Special Abilities :
Healer:
Healing hands : Add charisma modifier to heals (example 18 charisma = +4 so, cure light wounds , so 1d8 + caster level + 4 = healed amount )

Favored Soul:
(NA)

JaronK
2007-05-11, 10:25 PM
Probably the most important thing for you is going to be fitting in War Weaver. In 5 levels it gives you the ability to heal your entire party with a single heal spell, and you can do it from range. You need to be an arcane caster to do it.

Personally, if I were to make the ultimate gestalt healer, it would look something like this, using the domain sponteneity varient that lets you default to domain spell instead of cure spells (and then apply it to the Healing domain to get full power out of the RSoP abilities):

Human

Wizard 1//Cleric 1 Enlarge Spell, Augment Healing
Wizard 2//Cleric 2
Wizard 3//Cleric 3 Extra Turning
Wizard 4//Cleric 4
Wizard 5//Cleric 5 Extend Spell
War Weaver 1//Cleric 6 Persistant Spell
War Weaver 2//Cleric 7
War Weaver 3//Cleric 8
War Weaver 4//Cleric 9 Divine Metamagic (Persistant Spell)
War Weaver 5//Cleric 10
Wizard 6//Radient Servant of Pelor 1
Wizard 7//Radient Servant of Pelor 2
Wizard 8//Radient Servant of Pelor 3
Wizard 9//Radient Servant of Pelor 4
Wizard 10//Radient Servant of Pelor 5
Wizard 11//Radient Servant of Pelor 6
Wizard 12//Radient Servant of Pelor 7
Wizard 13//Radient Servant of Pelor 8
Wizard 14//Radient Servant of Pelor 9
Wizard 15//Radient Servant of Pelor 10

Honestly, not sure what feats to add after 9, as at that point you're pretty much set. By level 12 you can launch cure spells that are automatically empowered and automatically hit your entire party simultaneously, plus you're a full powered arcane caster too and can use all kinds of powerful buffs to keep your party from getting hurt. Persistant Lesser Mass Vigor should take care of all your downtime healing needs, as it gives your entire party fast healing 1.

JaronK

ronnyfire
2007-05-12, 05:10 AM
what book is the war weaver in?
i would love to know a bit more specifics about it :]

PinkysBrain
2007-05-12, 05:21 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/lists

Person_Man
2007-05-12, 01:39 PM
I second the War Weaver (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=769208) from Heroes of Battle.

It has a HUGE potential to be broken in gestalt though. My preferred non-gestalt build is Bard 7/War Weaver 5/Chameleon 8, or for pure brokenness, Wizard 5/War Weaver 5/Hexblade 1/Ur-Priest 2/Mystic Theurge 7.

Another option is to use a regular Cleric/Radiant Servant of Pelor, with Reach Spell, Split Ray, Easy Metamagic for each, plus Divine Metamagic just to top it off. Reach Spell turns touch spells into a ray. Split Ray adds one ray to any ray spell. Easy Metamagic reduces the LA of any metamagic feat by one. Divine Metamagic allows you to sacrafice Turn uses for metamagic. So now you can shoot twin rays of healing spontanously. This also works really well offensively, using Poison, Harm, etc.

All the feats you need are on Crystalkeep.

JaronK
2007-05-12, 03:25 PM
Another way of doing this would of course be Healer 15/Combat Medic 5//Sorcerer 15/War Weaver 5, which would be less flexible by far than the first build, but is a strong healer early on too, and you have a unicorn, which can be a plus or a minus.

JaronK

ronnyfire
2007-05-16, 04:51 AM
the thing is i need to be above good at healing rite from level one..

this campaign is going to be prety brutal as far as player killing is involved,
and im the primary healer (if not only ) in a decently large group.. 5 at least i think... maby it was 7....

either way...
alltho i dont know much about war weaver it seems like a verry awesome choice as a prestige class for just about any support caster... but none of the people i play with currently have the book its in.

so im sorry to say i cant use it for now.

but yeah, we do have a verry large suply of 3.5 books to use.. so i may be able to use something else you could toss in.

thanks for your guys input so far :smallbiggrin: