PDA

View Full Version : If you had three wishes...

AngelAndrius
2007-05-11, 09:46 PM
Of course you can't wish for more wishes, but all those dumb rules about love and killing people are out of the window.

1) World Peace (in the form of a weaponless society of firm pacifists)

2) Immortality (eternal youth and all that)

3) To be World Dicatator

tee hee

Dryad
2007-05-11, 10:01 PM
1) To be able to control my physical shape, and alter it when I want to.
2) How about that prince(sse) on the white horse?
3) Ooh, a castle! I'd like a castle in Ireland.

Why not world peace? Because in the long run, world peace would lead to horrors of overpopulation, loss of free will, disease, hatred, lack of resource..
Why not immortality? If I am able to control my physical shape, and can alter it when I want to, I can control age itself... So I can grow old when I have decided it's been enought.
Why not wealth and money? Well.. It's nice and all.. But do I really want to rely on that? And how is that going to affect the overall economy?

But why that castle? Oh, come one! Romantic! An idyllic, small castle in Ireland, overlooking the sea... *melts*

Sisqui
2007-05-11, 10:03 PM
Wish #1- The wisdom to best use the other two.

Cyrano
2007-05-11, 10:03 PM
1) The world reshaped into Utopia

2) Ultimate wisdom.

3) Omnipotence.

AngelAndrius
2007-05-11, 10:10 PM
Why not world peace? Because in the long run, world peace would lead to horrors of overpopulation, loss of free will, disease, hatred, lack of resource..
Why not immortality? If I am able to control my physical shape, and can alter it when I want to, I can control age itself... So I can grow old when I have decided it's been enought.
Why not wealth and money? Well.. It's nice and all.. But do I really want to rely on that? And how is that going to affect the overall economy?

Awww damn, I hate it when I completely fail to think things through. You're right of course, but my wish would be fun if i added on little extra bit. If I could do it for one week. That would be fun, I suppose I would have the memory of the world wiped as well, don't want any reprecussions. WEll that chucks Immortality out of the window. Hmmm.....

Ooo Oooo I know!

To be able to fly like Superman! Well for that week only i guess.

Now THAT would be a heck of a vacation.

MusScribe
2007-05-11, 10:13 PM
1) Immortality (able to live while I want to, but able to die when I need to)
2) Ability to spontaneously create food and water (ideally that tastes good)
3) Able to grant wishes (if possible - I'm not wish for more wishes, just to be able to grant wishes of others - although I want to be able to, not forced to and ideally able to cancel them too.)
3b) Able to travel through time (if granting others wishes isn't possible - ideally able to adjust my age, if within my lifetime, and replace myself (although I don't want to have to replace myself) but if not, that's alright too).

Simply put, I can live where/when I want without needing anything else, but can be as involved as I want...

Although, the time travel could be interesting if I can overlap... It would probably work better if I had a single overlapping timeline, and it readjusted as I went. I know what I mean, if you don't...

As for how to get other wishes:
World Dictator? No, thanks. But if I do want to, I can always be the guy behind the scenes that really controls it.
Change Physical Shape? Actually, that might work... Assuming it would, then that instead of immortality.
Prince on a White Horse? Well... Might be one at some point...
Castle in Ireland? Yeah, might do that at some point if I get 3a. If I get 3, I'll grant you that wish Dryad, as long as I'm allowed to visit when I wish :smallsmile:
World Peace? Too scary, the thought of that much control. I'd prefer personal peace first.
Wealth/Money? Don't need it. If I want it, I'll get a job for a couple dozen years, then retire or wander off. Repeat every century or so (or country)...
Omnipotence? Well... I don't know if I'd be able to handle that much.
Wisdom? That's my goal. But I don't like messing with people's minds, not even my own.

Eldritch Knight
2007-05-11, 10:19 PM
Hmm......

1) The library of Alexandria to be restored, and into my ownership
2) Super-genius level intelligence
3) The ability to pull exact change out of my wallet for any purchase I might make.

Immortality is not on my list for one reason, and one reason only: I do not want a lifetime where I must see those I love grow old and die leaving me alone. The level of anguish that would bring would generally bring most immortals to eventual suicide.

Uberblah
2007-05-11, 10:21 PM
I only need one wish.

1.The ability to create anything I want. Anything. Made up or real.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-11, 10:21 PM
To have event triggered theme music. That is to say, like in a video game or movie, when I'm relaxing, the music becomes relaxing, when I'm in action sequence, it'll play a fast beat.
Instantaneous Sleeping, Eating, or Changing. I walk up to a bed, and think, the theme music plays a little rest rift, and a few seconds later I wake up, a few hours have passed, and I'm back at full HP. I hold clothes in my hands, think about changing them, and go into an action sequence that obliterates my previous clothing, and places my new clothing on one set at a time. Eating will have a "Munch" Sound Effect, And the food would disappear, and I'll be full.
You know what, those ones sound cool enough already.

v. I don't know, ZoE mechs take "cockpit" too literally.

turtleant120
2007-05-11, 10:27 PM
1 A mech from Zone of the Enders. Dont have to worry about ammo/fuel/repairs.
2Selective Immortality, as in when I'm ready to die, I can.
3The ability to change my shape into something else, make believe or not.

The Orange Zergling
2007-05-11, 10:58 PM
1: The ability to stop and resume the flow of time around me at will.
2: The will to do my school work.
3: My self-consciousness would go away.

My three wishes.

Townopolis
2007-05-11, 11:01 PM
1: Selective Immortality. What other people said.

2: The ability to commune with the spirits of the dead, no matter where they are. Make friend, friend dies, can still talk to friend. Also probably pretty useful for achieving a greater understanding of the world and life in general.

3: A debit account that never runs out of money. Because, alas, money pretty much rules the world, and as a result, can take care of almost any problem.

doliemaster
2007-05-12, 01:08 AM
1.To be able to play God when I felt like it via a all-powerful computer system in its own dimension.

Wait....I just got everything I needed oh well might as well use the other two

2.To be able to shut off the God powers when I need to.

3.To be able to make my own dimensions and to have 1 effective in those aswell.

averagejoe
2007-05-12, 01:17 AM
I'd stick to my default. I'd wish for a sandwich.

Then I'd wish for a quiet room where I could just read or sit and think.

I don't know about the third. I'd have to think about it, make sure I get some good use out of it.

Ceska
2007-05-12, 02:07 AM
Immortality and the possibility to get invisible at will. I think that's it, divine watcher, here I come. Well, shapeshifting would be nifty too, to fit the last wish. Forget that, magical healing powers would be better.

Jewish_Joke
2007-05-12, 02:40 AM
1. Moneymoneymoney (It's all one word, so it counts as one wish, right?)

2. Happily ever after (just to see what would happen)

3. Maybe keep this one as a backup, just in case the previous two backfire on me...

Khantalas
2007-05-12, 02:44 AM
1. Omniwisdom. (No, that's not a word)
2. Omniscience.
3. Omnipotence.

I know everything, I know how everything can be better, and I have the power to fix it. Whee!

And since I'm omnipotent, I can do anything I like, without needing other wishes. Immortality? Done. Invincibility? Done. Love? Done. Having my loved ones with me? Done.

PlatinumJester
2007-05-12, 06:49 AM
1 - Utopia for the World
2 - To be a daywalker vampire
3 - I would save the other wish for when I needed it

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-12, 08:10 AM
1. I'd wish that all annoying wish granting Djinni were dead.

2. I can't make another because there aren't any.

3. I can't make another because there aren't any.

Rykaj
2007-05-12, 08:19 AM
1: Instant transportation ability through time and space
2: Shapeshifting
3: Immortality (in contrast to what other said about shapeshifting and immortality, accidents do happen, people get run over by traffic daily, and the dinosaurs aren't around any longer either)

Anyway, this would constitute to being anything, anywhere, anytime I want. Pretty cool.

Castaras
2007-05-12, 08:42 AM
1. The ability to teleport to anywhere in the world instantly.
2. The ability to heal anyone instantly, be it through mind, body, or spirit.
3. That this last wish can be saved until I have a need to use the final wish.

Jibar
2007-05-12, 08:58 AM
1. A nice little house somewhere. Not in a city, but close enough for easy trips.
2. Enough money for me to live life comfortably until I die, without going all out luxury.
3. Some help finding my Angel.

If I had 3 more:
4. Making sure my Angel resembles Rogue :smallbiggrin:.
5. Tickets to an Avril Lavigne concert.
6. Bring back the Muppet Show and Seseme Street.

13_CBS
2007-05-12, 09:31 AM
A question: who is granting these wishes? A mean genie looking for loopholes in your wishes? Or some benevolent, omniscient being who knows precisely what you mean when you wish for something?

onasuma
2007-05-12, 09:37 AM
1) real equivilent of divine rank 20, from d&d
2) world peace
3) due to having everything else: A baby duck

ufo
2007-05-12, 09:52 AM
1) the ability to grant all wishes. (Technically that's not wishing for more wishes).

2) meh

3) meh 2: meh Returns

AngelAndrius
2007-05-12, 10:54 AM
A question: who is granting these wishes? A mean genie looking for loopholes in your wishes? Or some benevolent, omniscient being who knows precisely what you mean when you wish for something?

Well its really your decision I think, these are all your wishes, if you want to try and out smart a malevolent entity go for it. But if not, just assume that the wish is fulfilling what you mean by your desire.

Green Bean
2007-05-12, 12:03 PM
1) Selective immortality (uncreative, but it does work)

2) Time control

3) A bank account filled with tons of cash.

Cyr
2007-05-12, 01:48 PM
1. I wish that all people, everywhere, under any and all circumstances, do not need to: Eat, Drink, Breathe or Sleep, though they are free to do any of the above if they like.
2. I wish that, no matter how old or fragile or young or fat or any other qualifier, all people, world over, would be in good physical condition for their age, as in they have a healthy immune system and are in good shape, under all circumstances. They can still get sick/be injured but its all fair and equal.
3. I wish all sickness in Africa was cured.

I think I just cleaned up Africa quiet nicely, and thats enough for me. Note: This doesn't mean No War, or No Death, guns still kill healthy people after all. and people in good shape still get sick, and old people all die inevitably anyway. I chose not eliminate poverty or make everyone super smart because I figured, "That'd be totally pointless," so thats my list.

Cyrano
2007-05-12, 03:49 PM
2. Omniscience.
3. Omnipotence.

I know everything, I know how everything can be better, and I have the power to fix it. Whee!

And since I'm omnipotent, I can do anything I like, without needing other wishes. Immortality? Done. Invincibility? Done. Love? Done. Having my loved ones with me? Done.

Just wish for Omnipotence, and use that to GIVE yourself Omniscience and MAKE OMNIWISDOM A WORD!
It's genius.

Driderman
2007-05-12, 04:14 PM
1: I wish the world had enough natural resources for everyone to lead a full, happy life without lacking anything

2: I wish those resources were evenly distributed.

3: I wish it'd stay that way.

Whoops, I broke the world :smallbiggrin:

blackout
2007-05-12, 04:17 PM
1: Selective immortality and invincibility
2: Infinite cash
3: Three more wishes
4: The ability to go to any fictional universe
5: The ability to have any specific set of powers I desire
6: Three more wishes
7: Mind control
8: Time control
9: An army of elite, trained clone soldiers, the numbers of which I can replenish at any time...I mean three more wishes...darnit, too late.

:)

SITB
2007-05-12, 04:22 PM
2. Omniscience.
3. Omnipotence.

Congratulations. Now you are effectively dead.

Since you see into all possible worlds you have no motivation to do anything since to you everything is/has/will be happening already. And thus you are frozen into inaction by your own powerfulness.*

My wishes for what they are worth will be:

1.The abilty to remain vaguely myself/human after the following wishes.

2.Omnipotence

3.Semi-Omniscience-The abilty to know everything if I concentrate on the knowldge I want to produce as to not shatter my fragile human mind.

Because if you are not human enough to enjoy power why the hell to quest for it?

*Apologies if that sounded offensive.

Setra
2007-05-12, 04:24 PM
1. I wish to become the character I roleplay as, including all his abilities and his control over them, however with my own memories.

2. I wish for the ability to travel between dimensions, including ones that belong to Shows, Animes, and Movies.

3. I wish for Catgirls

Omnipotence is overrated. Any human will eventually be corrupted by it, and no longer remain themselves.

AngelAndrius
2007-05-12, 11:10 PM
1: Selective immortality and invincibility
2: Infinite cash
3: Three more wishes
4: The ability to go to any fictional universe
5: The ability to have any specific set of powers I desire
6: Three more wishes
7: Mind control
8: Time control
9: An army of elite, trained clone soldiers, the numbers of which I can replenish at any time...I mean three more wishes...darnit, too late.

NO WISHING FOR MORE WISHES! lol the great gods of fortune ultra-smack you into non existence

Kraggi
2007-05-12, 11:14 PM
First, I'd wish they all could be California girls.

Then, I'd wish there were two girls for every boy.

Finally, I would wish that all the warring nations would come together and go surfing. Surfing U.S.A.

0wca
2007-05-12, 11:25 PM
1. A Katana sword crafted from kryptonite :smalltongue:

2. A guitar crafted custom for me from oak wood with titanium strings that would withstand lightspeed shredding :smalltongue: :smalltongue: :smalltongue:

3. A cottage in the east side of Japan with a big rice field and a hot japanese wife :smallwink:

alec
2007-05-12, 11:43 PM
1) The ability to kill people with my mind.
2) The ability to bring back people I killed with my mind. I have no false perceptions about my self-control.
3) Money. Lots of money. For the problems the above two can't solve.

Om
2007-05-13, 07:04 AM
I'd be supremely selfish and get superpowers or something that would help benefit my local community. Certainly I wouldn't be so rash as to wish for "world peace" - something that would require fundamentally altering human society. This is best left to people themselves.

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2007-05-13, 09:18 AM
1. Immunity from ironic or otherwise undesired consequences of fulfillment of wishes.

2. At-will eternal life and youth. Don't forget youth, guys!
3. The power of one hundred D&D 3.5 character levels, in real life; the precise statistics involved being my choice, and my particular powers being unaffected by errata to the rules after said statistics are set; and said levels being assumed to have been gained by the acquisition of experience merely by the passage of time (a mechanic which would continue).

Vonriel
2007-05-13, 09:26 AM
Joke wishes:

1) For freedom from rules restriction on wishes.
2) For an unlimited amount of wishes after this one.
3+) Whatever I want, whenever I want it, however I want it.

Real wishes:

1) Enough money in my bank account to let me live happily and unemployed for the rest of my days.
2) Omnipresence would take too long to get used to, so the ability to instantly teleport to anywhere I want to, merely by thinking about the name of either a person or a place, and then whatever it would take to initiate the teleport. Oh, and as a package, I better get the cool sound and smoke like Nightcrawler had!
3) Hmm. Ooh, I know, for this stupid debate about pirates and ninjas to end!

Drascin
2007-05-13, 11:05 AM
First and foremost, I'd wish for an afterlife to be existent, real, and certain. That would help lessen one of the greatest fears of people, fear of death.
Then I'd wish for semi-omniscience - the ability to know anything I want to know. I'm a sucker for knowledge, but I do realize someone with my attention span wouldn't be able to manage true omniscience.
And then, unaging immortality, of course. Despite there being a better place to go afterwards due to my first wish, I'd love watching humanity develop, and who knows, maybe become a bit of an advisor. And when I felt my labor was done, I could go forward.

Simple, clean, effective. I'd have wished for the end of disease or world peace, but I realize that would have destroyed the world, due to excess of humans. Actually, I can't help but feel the best way to save the world would be to wish for human annihilation, but I'm not that heartless :smalltongue: .

Andiamo
2007-05-13, 12:09 PM
Hmm... Probably bringing back Firefly would be in the three... I dunno about the others.

Scorpina
2007-05-13, 12:23 PM
Hmm... well, wishing to be all powerful should be okay, so long as I don't use any proper nouns like 'genie'. Of course, being all-powerful probably isn't what it's cracked up to be anyway, what with all the responsibilities and other such stuff...

Maybe my first wish would be that my remaining wishes would be granted without any twists or weird surprises, but I'm sure that can be twisted itself, like with me not having any remaining wishes.

I think what I'd actually wish for would depend on the context of the wish fulfilment.

Green Bean
2007-05-13, 12:27 PM
I can't believe no one has wished for a Ring of Infinite Quickened Wishes! *rimshot*

Khantalas
2007-05-13, 12:29 PM
Congratulations. Now you are effectively dead.

Since you see into all possible worlds you have no motivation to do anything since to you everything is/has/will be happening already. And thus you are frozen into inaction by your own powerfulness.

And this is why I wish for omniwisdom first. So my mind will not be shattered.

LCR
2007-05-13, 12:37 PM
1. I wish, I could play the guitar.
2. I wish, I could write songs.
3. I wish, I were a rock star.

Edit: Reading the whole thread, I can't help but notice that my tendency to be satisfied with three wishes makes me extremely uncool. Also, I didn't ask for invincible clone soldiers. Dang.

Penguinizer
2007-05-13, 12:40 PM
1:To be able to excel academically.
2: To be in great physical condition.
3: A nice house for me and my family.

Trog
2007-05-13, 01:50 PM
1. I wish that all peoples alive now and in the future would be able to end their own individual suffering twice as easy as they can now.

2. I wish that all industrialized nations were able to provide adequate food, clean water, resources and electricity for their populations in a way that heals the environment rather than damages it as it does now.

So we can twice as easily be able to find happiness or be cured of ailments and we will stop damaging the environment and be able to provide for ourselves.

3. Now that I have been the greatest boon to mankind the world has ever known... I wish to be more wealthy than the richest man in the world.

That should cover me. :smallsmile:

Catch
2007-05-13, 02:01 PM
1.) I wish for everyone to be happy.

What else is there?

averagejoe
2007-05-13, 03:20 PM
First, I'd wish they all could be California girls.

Then, I'd wish there were two girls for every boy.

Finally, I would wish that all the warring nations would come together and go surfing. Surfing U.S.A.

Best. Wishes. Ever. Except maybe for bringing Firefly back.

Amotis
2007-05-14, 10:37 AM
wish number one was all my ex-girlfriends turned into cats

wish number two was a burlap sack

wish number three was the new Nintendo DS Lite

Telonius
2007-05-14, 11:27 AM
Assuming there's no monkey's paw element to these ...

1. Eternal life (turned off if I want to)
2. Eternal youth (turned off if I want to)
3. Ability to convince people of anything I want to convince them of (turned off if I want to)

That ought to cover it. Ability 3 can get me pretty much any material good I would ever need ("Mr. Gates, you should really consider giving me your fortune,") as well as political power ("You all should vote me in as dictator!"). It should also be a pretty good defense against the masses ("No, it's not a good idea to rebel and behead me. You should all go home now.")

TreesOfDeath
2007-05-14, 11:43 AM
Im not sure if I posted, as it seemed like it didnt go through.If I did post, disregard.

1) Complete fufillment of every humans needs and desires, witout harm to anyone for eternity
2) Perfect wisdom and understanding for every human
3) Peace and kindness in every human's heart

So the worlds perfect, and were all at peace. I win

Skippy
2007-05-14, 12:03 PM
1. The ability to read other people's minds (at will,obviously... Not like Parkman)
2. The ability to time travel to correct past mistakes...
3. I'd save it just in case... But I think that just the other two could make my life really happier... But if I had to ask for it "right away", perhaps I'd like to have an Infinite Wallet, with a fingerprint recognizing security system...

Goblin Music
2007-05-14, 02:16 PM
1: To change my shape and age at will
2: to have a superpower that i want, where and when i want.
3: Saved.
Buahaha i have the best 2 wishes ever! got any ideas for the last one?

Sereneprophet
2007-05-15, 12:58 AM
1. A clean, limitless power source.
2. Psionic Powers
3. Destruction of the Scientology Cult (Oh, and I would take Monkey's Paw with this...they need to be stopped.)

Fus.Weapon 1337
2007-05-15, 02:34 AM
1. ----ing a ---- on ---- if ---'s was ----.
2. Reality Bending.
3. The ---- power ---- to ---- the ---- of any ----; if ---- was ----.

Khantalas
2007-05-15, 04:20 AM
1: To change my shape and age at will
2: to have a superpower that i want, where and when i want.
3: Saved.
Buahaha i have the best 2 wishes ever! got any ideas for the last one?

Yeah, I have omnipotence and omniscience. So, my wishes beat yours.

Plus, I also have omniwisdom, so I remain sane.

Now come, kitties! Mr. Planet requests a tea party! Whee!

TheBoneSplitter
2007-05-15, 05:46 AM
Look no further than the lyrics to Cradle of Filth's "Nymphetamine (Overdose)". :smallbiggrin:

Actually...

1. End world depression. The emo culture must wear thin!
2. Become a monk with the Diamond Body feat (or just be a clearly healthy person with the actual gall to eat vegetables... I'm still clearly a kid in that respect, and it'll take me a while before I actually start adding them with other food. I'm slowly yearning, leeme alone...)
3. Moving elsewhere besides NY.

That's about it.

ghost_warlock
2007-05-15, 08:48 AM
1. Freedom from the ignorance of others.

2. A job that pays me to do what I really love.

3. Mocha.

Hey, I can grant my own third wish. Sweet! :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2007-05-15, 02:44 PM
1. to know the knowledge(every knowledge there exists) i want to know if i focus on it.....(a.k.a. the qeustion with an answer)

2. physical shifting(that also grands inmortality becouse i can shift to be younger) into human and any animal of my imagination/reality

3 time travel....(wel just think hard, theres much logic behind it)
(it seems impossible,atleast for the human race, becouse if it was possible why arent we being visited by people from the future right now?)

3b if 3 cant do : inmortallity that grands wisdom for everybody to make peace(and no overpopulation becouse i have the knowledge to inhabit other worlds....etc. becouse of 1.)

Moechi_Vill
2007-05-15, 04:53 PM
(This is censored due to forum rules and my two increments, but the wish is genuine.)

I wish I could understand Banjo more (why Banjo allows so much free will in Banjo-ville and why he creates guitarists whom will end up in country clubs).

The other two wishes would require more thinking and would probably involve me and something close to omnipotence to get what I want because wishing for things like world peace interfer with the free will of other people.

smellie_hippie
2007-05-15, 06:58 PM
1. I wish that all peoples alive now and in the future would be able to end their own individual suffering twice as easy as they can now.

2. I wish that all industrialized nations were able to provide adequate food, clean water, resources and electricity for their populations in a way that heals the environment rather than damages it as it does now.

So we can twice as easily be able to find happiness or be cured of ailments and we will stop damaging the environment and be able to provide for ourselves.

3. Now that I have been the greatest boon to mankind the world has ever known... I wish to be more wealthy than the richest man in the world.

That should cover me. :smallsmile:

I'll hafta go with you on #1 and #2 Trog. That'd help me out quite a bit. I'll save #3 since my being motivated and all would pretty much make me happy. :smallbiggrin:

Teal Kuinshi
2007-05-15, 07:29 PM
If I actually made three wishes, I'm sure they'd be selfless acts to better the world I live in. But since this is only hypothetical...

1. The creation of both a race of vampires and one of werewolves (would make life more interesting, after a fashion)

2. The ability to enter books as a minor or major character

3. A box of 'kinoko no yama' that is always full.

Mmmm.... chocolate.

Om
2007-05-16, 05:45 AM
1. The creation of both a race of vampires and one of werewolves (would make life more interesting, after a fashion)Walking around Dublin after dark is dangerous enough as it is. I'd rather not have to worry about a race of nocturnal predators as well :smallannoyed:

blademaster42
2007-05-16, 06:51 AM
#1: the Theme music. And everyone would hear it!

#2: Increase all my ability scores to 25. 25 dexterity=bullet dodging! Not to mention experience bonuses! Level up, baby!

#3: Eternal youth. If somebody can manage to kill me with these scores, I will shake their hand first. And break it.

BelkarIsAGod
2007-05-18, 05:02 AM
1 ability to choose the time I die, my shape, etc. etc.
2 All ability scores up to several million.
3 ultimate power over EVERYTHING.:smallyuk:

(Drownball! four men enter, NO ONE LEAVES!)

Not omnicience, because I would HATE that, knowing everything.
Since I would have ultimate power, I could grant myself any knowledge that I wanted, and even create an afterlife!

Ichneumon
2007-05-18, 06:01 AM
1. I would wish everyone was a vegetarian.
2. I would wish I would know EVERYTHING
3. I would wish everything Chaotic to be destroyed...

puppyavenger
2007-05-18, 06:18 AM
1. The abilty to have complete control of, create, transmute or destroy anything.
2. the abilty to create and travel through multiple tempoeral dimension.( Ha you may go back and forth, but I can do that AND go up and down and side to side and whatever the fourth temporel dimension is in time)
3. hmmm 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000, ghostwheel like creations

Manal
2007-05-18, 06:35 AM
If I had 3 wishes I would wish for.....
1) Have a date with Adom Gontier.
2) A new brother that is not a loser and not a lamo
3) And $100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

xKiv
2007-05-18, 06:49 AM
I would be selfish:

1) To always know when I am wrong

Then I would whether to change the enxt two wishes:

2) Eternal health (of all parts - body, soul, mind, ...)
This basically implies immortality and youth (not teen-youth, but better than, say 30-ish), but also immunity to all harm, no more need to breathe/eat/drink/sleep, ...

3) To always have enough time to do everything I want to do, on time (whatever the deadline is, even if I set it myself).

Last_resort_33
2007-05-18, 06:58 AM
1. The ablility to use every D&D spell (arcane, divine and other) as spell like abilities 999 times per day.
2. That the woes of all GitP board members be pleasantly resolved
3. Cobra Ikari's return

Chaos Perfected
2007-05-21, 12:32 PM
I have thought about this. A lot.

1. A never emptying vial of red cherry tasting potion that contains the certain type of immortality that Vandal Savage from Justice League has, including regeneration and having no need for things, etc. With this ability I could conquer the world if I wished and do as I want.

2. To alter my body in any way I wish. Like opening up a character sheet of myself with infinate points to spend. I'd max them all out and give myself any usefull, ah, 'feats'. Theres also a redo button.

3. For a mystical item containing a second genie to appear before me. Three more wishes.

4. To shape matter into anything I can imagine and alter reality.

5. Bigger, never ending, infinate resources Earth. Hey, I have immortality, I need somewhere to live forever.

6. More genies for a while, making various low level wishes.

7. Free all the genies, ensuring no one will ever find them and reach my level of power.

Setra
2007-05-21, 12:40 PM
Congratulations, you now know what everyone on earth looks like naked.

You now know what exquisite pain can be caused by having your eyeball ripped from its socket

Omniscience is overrated.

Lord_Thanatos95
2007-05-21, 06:52 PM
Wish 1: Eternal Health. Not annoying immmortality, but I would always be youthful and in perfect shape. Aging would be almost nonexistant if you never have anything go wrong physicaly.

Wish 2: The power to invent whatever I want whenever I want. That pretty much takes care of everything without taking out the challenge in life. It handles money, power, and definatly enjoyment of life. Plus i can always invent a cure for cancer if Im feeling altruistic.

Wish 3: That life would be an RPG. It would certainly be a lot more fun.

detrevnisisiht
2007-05-21, 07:22 PM
1. 20 on all abilitys. i want to be skilled enough to sukced in life but not to the point were it is boring
2. for the girl im madly in love with to feal the same way
3. for all who read this to click the link in my signature:smallbiggrin:

Arlanthe
2007-05-22, 08:14 AM
I
3. For a mystical item containing a second genie to appear before me. Three more wishes.

Youb roke the rules! The OP says no-no to extra wishes.

Vaniel
2007-05-22, 08:27 AM
1. 20 on all abilitys. i want to be skilled enough to sukced in life but not to the point were it is boring
2. for the girl im madly in love with to feal the same way
3. for all who read this to click the link in my signature:smallbiggrin:

Everyone knows you can't wish for Love :D

1. Infite knowledge on any subject I choose from at any time
2. Perfect health, perfect body condition, a perfect body
3. The power to manipulate matter as I deem fit, to create/uncreate anything.

Now, I can have some real fun :D

phantomhermit
2007-06-06, 11:28 AM
1. to get rid of all my illnesses [no they arent std's]
2. to be able to buy my mom a z3
3. when i die, to die in my sleep

master ranger
2007-07-15, 04:29 PM
1: to have magic powers of a archmage, sorcerer
2: to be rich
3: save the last for later.

Orzel
2007-07-15, 04:42 PM
1) The ability to speak all languages and play all instruments ever to be created at an expert level
2) The powers of a Ranger20//Wizard 15/Archmage5
3) Perfect Eyesight, Hearing, and Teeth that will never go way.

Just enough to not auto create Supervillians or get me smited by God.

Yiel
2007-07-15, 05:08 PM
1. To have good health.

If I have that, I don't really need another two wishes.

SilverClawShift
2007-07-15, 05:11 PM
I have not yet read the entire thread, and for that I apologize. But...

I would have one single wish.

I would wish for slightly unusual good luck, in all my lifes endeavors.

Translated into mathematics, assume you flip a coin ten times. You guess the result of the coin flips as they occur.
You could get all ten, you could get none, but you're PROOOOOOBABLY going to get around 5. ish. 50/50 chance and all.
To put a number to my wish, I would wish for my baseline luck to put me in the neighborhood of 7 or 8 to a normal persons 5. Not winning everytime, that would get stupid. Just more likely to win.

The other two wishes? I wouldn't make them until I needed them. I would go through my life, luckier than the average person, smiling and whistling as things just seemed more likely to go my way than not. And I would have the two most ultimate aces up my sleeves I could possibly have. I would know that, if my luck just bombed out on me, I had two universal level get-out-of-jail-free cards.

I'd be too scared of the wishes just toally backfiring, or doing stupid things. I wouldn't use them unless I was just bombs-out out of options, falling off a cliff, "I wish I was sitting safely in my recliner instead of falling to my death *poof*" level screwed.
The good luck would be to hopefully avoid having to use the wishes, being generically successfull in whatever I put my legitimate effort into without being ridiculously stupid.

I 'd be afraid that asking for more than that would be asking for too much from reality, and just get the wrath of the wish giver called down on me.

But the 'control the flow of time' one sounds cool too.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-15, 05:17 PM
I know exactly what my three wishes would be, and I'm not telling you any of them.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-15, 05:24 PM
^ Heh. Although all the people who wished for Omniscience would know by default.

1. The ability to draw/paint anything I imagine.
2. Greater Empathy in everyone else in the world (make that Universe)
3. The ability to Teleport Without Error at will.

SilverClawShift
2007-07-15, 05:26 PM
I know exactly what my three wishes would be, and I'm not telling you any of them.

Then my second wish would be to know what those wishes are. :smallbiggrin:

Jalor
2007-07-15, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't completely change the world with my wishes. That would be playing God. But I will give myself some useful/entertaining powers.

1.To always know the right thing to say, in any situation, to get any reaction.
2. To have a perfectly vivid lucid dream every night, in which I have total control and do not wake up prematurely.
3. To be an excellent guitar player, with technical skill on par with that of Buckethead.

BrokenButterfly
2007-07-15, 06:34 PM
I'd usually cop out here and wish for my heart's three greatest desires (because honestly, I wouldn't leave my rational mind to make this kind of decision). But that would be a dull post, so here's what I think I would wish for:

1. Completely perfect fighting ability, armed and unarmed. I can just take the little things I didn't wish for...

2. A TARDIS-like transport, (assuming that there's stuff to see out there...)

3. My soul-mate. Not in a creepy *Appears* way, but in a natural, yet contrived way.

RAGE KING!
2007-07-15, 06:51 PM
I have thought about this alot...and i have too many ideas...i'd wish for omnipotence, too not be consumed by greed and power...and the ability to do anything despite wish #2

somehow i would hope that i would end up being omnipotent, without ever having to worry about causing too much harm...

Hell Puppi
2007-07-15, 08:47 PM

You wish me to be destroyed?!?! *cries*

errr anyway, my wishes:

1. All the abilities mages in UO had (without the silly need for spell components)

2. Be a vampire with the same abilities as Alucard from Hellsing.

3. Have any money that I was in need of instantly appear in my pocket.

Why no world peace? Because w/ me having 1 and 2, the world wouldn't be peaceful for very long.:smallamused:

ForzaFiori
2007-07-15, 09:08 PM

u want me dead?
thats MEAN!

anyway, my wishes:

1)knowledge. the ablilty to know anything i wanted to know.
2)wisdom. the ability to understand anything i needed to.
3)for the girl i love to love me back.

hmmm...
yea, seems pretty good.
and before anyone says it, you can too wish for love, the OP said those rules went out the window.

pingcode20
2007-07-15, 09:42 PM
1: I wish to know who I am
2: I wish I didn't ask my first wish
3: I wish to know who I am

((Sorry, just finished PS:T :smallbiggrin:))

Xuincherguixe
2007-07-16, 01:13 AM
1) To be able to express myself effectively

See, thing is I've got all kinds of thoughts that I just can't get out to people. I think that some of them may not even be expressible. Then again, there's something impressive about having inexpressible ideas too.

Somewhat related

2) More artistic talent

Okay, so words don't exist. But pictures might. A fat balding man walking into a prison missing a wall and ripping out someone's brain probably sums up fairly well working in a bad office job.

3) The ability to understand what other people are trying to communicate.
At best, like the rest of us, I can only guess what others are trying to express. It'd be a lot easier if I could figure out what exactly peoples problems with me were. Or maybe I'd end up really depressed (instead of just kind of depressed :P)

The other problem is that it might make life a lot less interesting. But hey, at least I'd interest others :P ("What the?! That's pretty disturbing dude" "Thanks!" "It wasn't a compliment" "See! I actually know that it wasn't because I had a wish granted. But I am choosing to take what you said as something else." "You're really strange." "Thanks!" "...")

Hranat
2007-07-16, 01:21 AM
1. A quicksave and load function in my life, so I could repeat anything...
2. The ability to travel anywhere instantly.
3. Physically never become older then 20.

A bit of turning my life into a game, actually...

Siwenna
2007-07-16, 04:23 AM
It depends on my mood. Either:

1. To have a spaceship that I knew how to operate, capable of traveling about 95% the speed of light (so I could zoom off for a few days/weeks and come back decades or centuries later), equiped with a state of the art science lab, and comfortable enough for me a select few to live in comfort.

2. The ability to, at will, tell what people were thinking.

3. To have some sort of machine built that allowed me to fly.

Or:

1. TO make a major scientific discovery.

2. To be in a position that gave me a chance to become dicator of the world (if I said the right things, etc.)

3. To have a spaceship that I knew how to operate, capable of traveling about 95% the speed of light (so I could zoom off for a few days/weeks and come back decades or centuries later), equiped with a state of the art science lab, and comfortable enough for me a select few to live in comfort.

Dean Fellithor
2007-07-16, 09:06 AM
1) ability to change appearance(ie. fit, fat or normal).
2) tremendous speed
3) spontanious Illusions that I can project to specific people.

GoC
2007-07-16, 10:33 AM
1. The Alter Reality salient divine ability as per 3.5 rules modified in the following ways:
- no rest requirements
- takes 1/4 second instead of a standard action to use
- no saving throws for duplicated spells
- all duplicated spells at caster level 100
- can create permanent magical objects or creatures

2. immortality

3. reserved

It isn't omnipotence but it's certainly good enough for me.:smallamused:
*creates epic force dragon and inhabits it's body*

EDIT: Now that i think about it this includes pretty much everything the people in this thread have said.:smallbiggrin:

SurlySeraph
2007-07-18, 12:46 AM
1. To always do good to the utmost of my ability; to be incapable of succumbing to temptation or doing evil.

2. To help many people achieve the same level of virtue, and to ensure that eventually evil would cease to exist.

3. To know the ultimate truth about the nature of God, the universe, and everything.

Alleine
2007-07-18, 01:19 AM
1. Able to understand anyone(empathy)
2. Invincibility/Amber-like regen, like run into battle and bullets don't hit me, or all wounds are non-fatal, can't die from the wounds. I'd still grow old though, I don't want to live while those I love die.
3. That no matter what the situation, I'd always be able to just get by if need be.

4. For the pain to go away...

jazz1m
2007-07-18, 10:25 AM
3. To know the ultimate truth about the nature of God, the universe, and everything.

Hmmm...but the ultimate truth is 42, we would need the ultimate question.

Not sure if empathy is great, it's not only understanding, it's more about feeling what other people feel, and that might not be so great.

Wishes...
1. To age well; being healthy in mind, body, and spirit
2. For there to be no discrimination of any kind.
3. Not sure, I'll have to think about it.

Solo
2007-07-18, 10:29 AM
1) Live well
2) Die quickly
3) Own lots and lots of guns.

Rama_Lei
2007-07-18, 09:02 PM
1. Something Personal
2. something Altruistic
3. Something to Fix the Damage invariably caused by the first two.

zeratul
2007-07-18, 09:11 PM
1. The abiltity to remember, and be able to do anything I see or hear.
2. For the girl I like to like me back
3. For world peace.