PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Tomb tainted soul and remove disease

Grand Poobah
2015-09-07, 06:14 PM
AFB at the moment and my Google-fu is weak.

I'm assuming that RD doesn't work on someone with TTS as RD is Conjuration [Healing]. Am I right/wrong? Why?

Cheers

GP

Necroticplague
2015-09-07, 06:20 PM
AFB at the moment and my Google-fu is weak.

I'm assuming that RD doesn't work on someone with TTS as RD is Conjuration [Healing]. Am I right/wrong? Why?

Cheers

GP

Huh? Why would you assume that? Remove disease makes no mention of Negative or Positive energy, and all Tomb Tainted Soul does is make you take damage from Positive and heal from Negative. Remove Disease, Break Enchantment, and similar status-removing spells all function perfectly fine.

Grand Poobah
2015-09-07, 07:09 PM
Because CLW et al have the Conjuration [Healing] descriptor as does Remove Disease making me believe the spell's power is derived in the same way i.e. channeling positive energy to cure the target.

Although RD doesn't specifically say it channels PE the Restoration line of spells are also Conjuration [Healing] and make no mention of channeling PE either but they, with the exception of Lesser Restoration, restore levels lost through NE.

Ergo, Conjuration [Healing] spells use PE to cure. Least that was my take on it and that of the Dread Necro player who took TTS.

Necroticplague
2015-09-07, 07:22 PM
Because CLW et al have the Conjuration [Healing] descriptor as does Remove Disease making me believe the spell's power is derived in the same way i.e. channeling positive energy to cure the target.

Although RD doesn't specifically say it channels PE the Restoration line of spells are also Conjuration [Healing] and make no mention of channeling PE either but they, with the exception of Lesser Restoration, restore levels lost through NE.

Ergo, Conjuration [Healing] spells use PE to cure. Least that was my take on it and that of the Dread Necro player who took TTS.

Tomb Tainted Soul only effects damage and healing. Removing a disease is not healing you at all. Even if it used positive energy (which it doesn't say it does so, and you fail to have any actual evidence it does (given that diseases are living things, it actually makes more sense Remove Disease is a negative energy spell)), it wouldn't be healing, and thus wouldn't be effected by Remove Disease.

Grand Poobah
2015-09-07, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the replies Necro. I see the light! Hallelujah!