PDA

View Full Version : Nice to see a familiar face (um, well, you know what I mean) [Monster]

Hyrael
2007-05-11, 09:55 PM
Agent Devil (Bauriagon)
Medium Outsider (evil, lawful, baatezu, extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 5d8+10 (40 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 30 ft(6 squares) fly 50 ft (average)
Armor Class: 19 (+2 leather, +4 dex, +3 natural) touch 14, ff 15
Base Attack/Grapple: 5/7
Attack: claw +7 (1d4+3) or +2 crossbow +11 (1d8+2)
Full attack: 2 claws +7 (1d4+3) or +2 crossbow +11 (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Energy Drain, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Alternate Form, DR 10/good or silver, Darkvision 60 ft, Immunity to fire and poison, Resistance to Acid 10 and Cold 10, see in darkness, SR 16,
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +5
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 19, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 15
Skills: Bluff +10, Diplomacy +12, Perform (acting) +10, Hide +12, Move Silently +12, Spot +9, Listen+9, Knowledge (local) +6, Knowledge (the planes) +10,
Feats: Improved Initiative, Flyby Attack,
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary or Party (1 agent devil and a evil party of 3-5)
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: Double Standard
Alignment: Usualy Lawful Evil
Advancement: By class level (favored class is rogue)
Level Adjustment: +3

The creature appears to be a beautiful dark-haired woman clad in sensible but attractive leather armor, save for her bat-like wings, forked tail, and small horns. Her eyes glow red, and a playful smile adorns her shapely face.

Highly competent, Agent Devils are often sent on extended missions to the material plane by their Dark Overlords, sometimes to serve promising evil individuals. More than other Outsiders, agent devils are individuals with unique personalities. This, combined with their practice of working with mortals, makes them far more prone to dissension and free thought, or at least makes them capable of forming emotional attachments to other beings. While as lawfull as any other Baatezu, their lengthy independence from infernal authority makes them far less rigid and predictable than other devils.

Combat:
Deceitful and highly mobile, Agent Devils use their shapeshifting ability to infiltrate and surprise their enemies. In combat, they drop darkness spells into the midst of their enemies, then make use of their sneak-attack-like energy drain. Agent devils have a strong sense of self-presurvation, and will not hesitate to escape a losing battle, flying away or changing form and blending into a crowd. A cornered Agent will feign surrender, tempting the foolish or weak-willed with it's beauty.
Spell-like abilities: plane shift 1/day, darkness 3/day
Energy Drain: a creature grappeled by an agent devil or hit by one of it’s claw attacks (or a melee touch attack) gains 1d2 negative levels. If the creature is flanked by the Agent Devil, or flat-footed (or otherwise denied it’s dexterity bonus to AC), it instead takes 1d3+1 negative levels. An agent devil can only bestow a number of negative levels in one day equal to it’s HD (5).
Alternate form: At will, as a standard action, an Agent Devil may change it’s appearance (within the limits described by the Disguise Self spell.) This is an actual physical change, not an illusion (for example, an agent devil in the form of a normal human cannot fly, as it lacks wings in that form). This ability grants it a +10 bonus on disguise checks.

Just an idea sparked from the Demon/Devil Sabine debates. Someone suggested that if she wasnt a succubus, she was some sort of homebrew/unique devil/yugoloth. So, I statted her up. any suggestions/opinions welcome. i think it fills a niche in the infernal ranks.

DracoDei
2007-05-12, 12:10 AM
What is the DC to remove a negative level?
Secondly, I think the spells you reference for the shape-changing don't match with the text you have. I don't think you can add/remove limbs with in the RAW.
Third, the limitation on levels drainable is nice... but not in keeping with Sabines abilities. She said she was going to drain Halley all the way and it didn't seem like an idle boast, so unless she has more HD than Halley does levels... I might change it to x1.5 if you want to be closer to the comic, but I like the idea of the ability being capped and =HD seems the better way to do it to me for some reason... or at least approximately equal to CR. This means that if they can get an opponent of a CR appropriate level seperated from the group they can destroy them much more easily that even would normally be true in such a situation. Also I don't know where you got the Darkness ability from...

Matthew
2007-05-18, 05:41 PM
Hmmn, I'm pretty sure you have miscalculated the average Hit Point Total of this creature (I'm pretty sure it should be 32) and I don't think the Claw Attacks have been ascribed the right damage (it should be 1D4+2, I think)