PDA

View Full Version : Player Help The most depressing extroverted narcissist in the world.

LordAlabast
2015-09-07, 07:18 PM
Alright, so this is my first time ever playing DnD, and I'm getting the point where I was looking into Prestige classes. My character is ex-royalty who was dethroned and became a Bard with the intent of building a small army of followers to take his country back. Since my character revolves a lot around lying, cheating, and convincing people to work with him, the Virtuoso class seemed desirable. Though the more I looked into that, people seem to say Virtuoso is a kind of underpowered class... But then again, there was the Sublime Singer build, which is mostly Virtuoso with Bard and Sublime Chord things added in.

I decided I didn't like Sublime Singer, and I was going to make my own build. I haven't seen it on any forums I've looked at; Bard5/DirgeSinger5/Virtuoso10. The bard levels are the minimum for what it would take for my character to meet the prerequisites of a DirgeSinger. I looked into the class and I liked the way the spells look, but I was still infatuated with the Virtuoso class, especially the performances that involved getting people on his side (I want to say the Virtuoso's 9th level Performance, I forgot the name).

Since I've never played before, I wanted some advice on this from more experienced people. My group is just a big group of nubs XD

For reference, we like to work as a team, so I'll tell you what the rest of the team consists of as well; Shadow Dancer, Dragon Disciple, and a Dashing Swordsman (Then a rogue and a ranger that haven't selected prestige classes yet).

I enjoy your answers, and thank you for your time ^_^

An Enemy Spy
2015-09-07, 07:22 PM
Alright, so this is my first time ever playing DnD, and I'm getting the point where I was looking into Prestige classes. My character is ex-royalty who was dethroned and became a Bard with the intent of building a small army of followers to take his country back. Since my character revolves a lot around lying, cheating, and convincing people to work with him, the Virtuoso class seemed desirable. Though the more I looked into that, people seem to say Virtuoso is a kind of underpowered class... But then again, there was the Sublime Singer build, which is mostly Virtuoso with Bard and Sublime Chord things added in.

I decided I didn't like Sublime Singer, and I was going to make my own build. I haven't seen it on any forums I've looked at; Bard5/DirgeSinger5/Virtuoso10. The bard levels are the minimum for what it would take for my character to meet the prerequisites of a DirgeSinger. I looked into the class and I liked the way the spells look, but I was still infatuated with the Virtuoso class, especially the performances that involved getting people on his side (I want to say the Virtuoso's 9th level Performance, I forgot the name).

Since I've never played before, I wanted some advice on this from more experienced people. My group is just a big group of nubs XD

For reference, we like to work as a team, so I'll tell you what the rest of the team consists of as well; Shadow Dancer, Dragon Disciple, and a Dashing Swordsman (Then a rogue and a ranger that haven't selected prestige classes yet).

I enjoy your answers, and thank you for your time ^_^

Dashing Swordsman is a real class? Do you have to make quips when you attack?

Pluto!
2015-09-07, 07:41 PM
Sounds fun. I always had a soft spot for Dirgesinger. Have you checked out the Doomspeak feat in Champions of Ruin? It sounds like something you might be into.

Sublime Chord is normally suggested because spellcasting is the strongest thing you can be doing in D&D, to the point that making a powerful character basically means getting the highest-level spells in the shortest possible time.

But min-maxing is rarely necessary, especially if you're all new, and especially if nobody else is playing an actual spellcaster.

As a slight nitpick, when you level up, you get your class before your feat, so qualifying for Dirgesinger at level 6 could be a little dicey (not that it would break anything).