PDA

View Full Version : pathfinder wizard discoveries - who can get them?

Psykenthrope
2015-09-07, 11:46 PM
Hey people, this question is in regards to Pathfinder.
I'm trying to find out if anyone knows a way for a non-wizard to gain access to wizard discoveries.
If anyone knows a way for another class to get these, that would be great.

Psyren
2015-09-07, 11:50 PM
Through variant multiclassing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement#TOC-Core-Classes), any class at all can access most of them (and wizard is one of the better VMC choices anyway), though you have to wait a long time (15th level) to do so.

Pex
2015-09-08, 12:00 AM
Archivist I'm pretty sure can.

Bard, maybe, even if it has to be a house rule but reasonable one as opposed to getting a Masterpiece. It would be reasonable if only particular instances of Discoveries depending on what it is, i.e. whether it's bardlike or not.

Alchemists are also a reasonable candidate. As with bard it might depend on what the Discovery is.

Sorcerer would be house rule, and even then depending on bloodline for credibility. Arcane and Dragon could have any. Elemental or Djin for one associated with their element.

Psyren
2015-09-08, 12:06 AM
Archivist I'm pretty sure can.

Did you mean Arcanist here?

The final version of ACG took out the hybrid class language - they don't count as wizards anymore and so this would be a houserule, unless there's an archetype I'm missing.

Pex
2015-09-09, 05:43 PM
Did you mean Arcanist here?

The final version of ACG took out the hybrid class language - they don't count as wizards anymore and so this would be a houserule, unless there's an archetype I'm missing.

Arcanist, yes, oops.

I thought I read somewhere they could learn Discoveries. Reasonable house rule if must be.