PDA

View Full Version : All hail the divine Belkar!

Professor Tanhauser
2007-05-11, 10:42 PM
I understand that in D&D mortals can become gods.

Well, suppose belkar decided to become a god, literally?

Hmm, maybe that would fit the oracles prodiction, he transcends mortality and doesn't do birthdays anymore...

Anyway, I wonder what kind of god belkar would make, what his priests would do, what his commandments would be, what kind of temples he'd have, what kind of abilities his follwers would get, etc.

PlasticSoldier
2007-05-11, 10:46 PM
He would definately be Death and War domains for sure.

He would have no priests :belkar: can only be honored by slaying 1000 men in his name. (Plus a healthy tribute of ale and whores.)

Demented
2007-05-11, 10:47 PM
Sounds like a homebrew challenge.

Though, there's nothing saying he couldn't have birthday cake as a diety. I seriously doubt he'd enjoy being a god, anyway. Epic creatures probably don't scream in pain quite as much.

Lizard Lord
2007-05-11, 10:50 PM
He would be a god of murder or carnage, I would say.

War would be a good domain, but I thought the domain of death was more about the afterlife then it was about actually killing people.

In addition to war, I would say chaos and destruction would be his other domains

Professor Tanhauser
2007-05-11, 10:50 PM
Sounds like a homebrew challenge.

Though, there's nothing saying he couldn't have birthday cake as a diety. I seriously doubt he'd enjoy being a god, anyway. Epic creatures probably don't scream in pain quite as much.

Ok, good point, but tiamat and bahamut both have like mutiple heads, right? So getting one of them to scream would be like a multiple, see?

Professor Tanhauser
2007-05-11, 10:51 PM
He would be a god of murder or carnage, I would say.

War would be a good domain, but I thought the domain of death was more about the afterlife then it was about actually killing people.

In addition to war, I would say chaos and destruction would be his other domains

Think they could work ale and whores into his rites somehow?

Vulion
2007-05-11, 10:55 PM
If Belkar became a god...well...quite frankly, the end of existence, mostly becuase I believe he would release the Snarl just to see if he could beat it.

BobTheDog
2007-05-11, 10:55 PM
He would definately be Death and War domains for sure.

Not to mention Chaos and Evil, of course.

His holy symbol would be a Kobold hat, I think... Made of real Kobold hide, of course.

Professor Tanhauser
2007-05-11, 11:00 PM
Not to mention Chaos and Evil, of course.

His holy symbol would be a Kobold hat, I think... Made of real Kobold hide, of course.

Boy, wouldn't his priests look snappy in those?

dakiwiboid
2007-05-11, 11:03 PM
Would his preferred offering be taco chips and salsa?

Professor Tanhauser
2007-05-11, 11:07 PM
Would his preferred offering be taco chips and salsa?

ARGH! You DARE bring mere salsa as an offering to the divine belkar?!?!?

The divine belkar demands EXTRA CHUNKY salsa, mortal!

Since this is your first offense, your punishment will just be painful death.

Demented
2007-05-11, 11:09 PM
If Belkar became a god...well...quite frankly, the end of existence, mostly becuase I believe he would release the Snarl just to see if he could beat it.

And if he DID beat it?
This is Belkar, after all. Probably with +40 Snarl-Bane Daggers of Destruction.
:belkar: "Please, it's just a wad of string."

Da Luniz
2007-05-12, 12:57 AM
part of becoming a god in DnD is just force of will of enough people

and he's already got the hobgobs considering him a "Tiny Firebreathing avatar of Death"

avatar is a step towards deity since thats what, the diety's choosen or somethin

TheAlmightyOne
2007-05-13, 08:22 AM

Belkar could easily take the snarl

Pronounceable
2007-05-13, 08:38 AM
All shall tremble before the might of the new god of murder and insanity!

ALL HAIL BELKAR, THE LORD OF DISTURBING MENTAL IMAGES!

Up yours Cyric!

Threeshades
2007-05-13, 09:04 AM
So let's see what would Belkar be as a D&D god

Belkar
Nicknames: Fire-breathing Avatar of Death, Sexy Shoeless God of War, Crafter of Disturbing Mental Images, Keeper of the Kobold-Skull, Scourge of the Fallen Paladin
Portfolio: Slaughter, Stabbing, grossing-out
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Domains: War, Death, Chaos, Evil, Stabbing, Halfling, Hatred.
Preferred Weapon: Dagger
Unholy Symbol: A Kobold's upper jaw turned upside down filled with tortilla-chips in front of a jar of Salsa with a Kobold-Tail dipped into it.

This is what I think his book entry would look like.

PirateMonk
2007-05-13, 09:09 AM
Fools! Lord Belkar has always been a god!

NeonRonin
2007-05-13, 09:47 AM
So let's see what would Belkar be as a D&D god

Belkar
Nicknames: Fire-breathing Avatar of Death, Sexy Shoeless God of War, Crafter of Disturbing Mental Images, Keeper of the Kobold-Skull, Scourge of the Fallen Paladin
Portfolio: Slaughter, Stabbing, grossing-out
Unholy Symbol: A Kobold's upper jaw turned upside down filled with tortilla-chips in front of a jar of Salsa with a Kobold-Tail dipped into it.

This is what I think his book entry would look like.

Very nicely detailed, but you forgot to include boozing and whoring on his portfolio. Then again, I suppose there's a number of gods who already condone those, so there may not be a need.

And for his Unholy symbol, I see something more along the lines of two crossed bloody daggers, superimposed on a 'mound of corpses' motif. Or a psychotic grinning face. Either way, the pair of bloody daggers is a must.

And I agree with a previous poster- compared to Belkar, Cyric is a wuss. :smallbiggrin:

InfernusTribble
2007-05-13, 10:13 AM
Hail Lord Belkar!

"Tiny Fire Breathing Avatar of Death" and "Saviour of Azure City"!

Man, would be priceless if Miko had to mentally contend with Belkar being hailed as the hero and saviour of the city by Hinjo and everyone else after almost singlehandedly forcing back the hobgoblin assault on the walls

Threeshades
2007-05-13, 11:23 AM
Okay here an update:

Belkar
Portfolio: Slaughter, Stabbing, grossing-out, Halflings, Boozing, Whoring
Unholy Symbol: Yet to be figured out.

Typical Worshipper Classes: Barbarians, Melee-focussed Rangers, Frenzied Berzerkers
Races: Halflings

OOTS_Rules.
2007-05-13, 11:32 AM
Yeti Nother Update

Belkar
Unholy Symbol: A stone symbol in the shape of a dagger.

Typical Worshipper Classes: Barbarians, Melee-focussed Rangers, Frenzied Berzerkers

Threeshades
2007-05-13, 11:36 AM
Yeti Nother Update

Belkar
Unholy Symbol: A stone symbol in the shape of a dagger.

A stone dagger? explain yourself

OOTS_Rules.
2007-05-13, 11:50 AM
The symbol could be a stone talisman carved into the shape of a dagger. The mystic talisman and the martial dagger's fusion symbolizes the reign of the Brutal One to end the lives all who are taller than him.

Threeshades
2007-05-13, 12:17 PM
Not obvious enough.

How about 2 crossed daggers on top of each is Yikyik's and Miko's heads.

or just this:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/BelkarCTDOMiko.png
^^

RobbyPants
2007-05-14, 09:56 AM
:belkar: God of the slaughter.

Snake-Aes
2007-05-14, 10:21 AM
Add destruction to his portfolio...
Symbol? I say a Kobold Hide hat...

I'm wondering how my Belkar Figurine will look like: Belkar holding the EoF&F high(Flame Eye shining) and the other hand with a bloody dagger

gooddragon1
2007-05-14, 10:56 AM

"Now I'm gonna try two at a time!" and "The quadruple slice!" and "Look at me-I'm Robespierre!", well mebbe?

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0325.html

Duke of URL
2007-05-14, 02:30 PM
Well, suppose belkar decided to become a god, literally?

The fundamental problem with this concept is that he'd have to stop killing people long enough to get them to worship him (even if through fear) enough to elevate him to godhood. Besides, I doubt he'd gain any satisfaction by having legions of psychopaths killing in his name -- he'd rather do the killing himself.

In short (no pun intended), Belkar is just a little too "hands-on" to go the deity route.

Green Bean
2007-05-14, 02:50 PM
The fundamental problem with this concept is that he'd have to stop killing people long enough to get them to worship him (even if through fear) enough to elevate him to godhood. Besides, I doubt he'd gain any satisfaction by having legions of psychopaths killing in his name -- he'd rather do the killing himself.

In short (no pun intended), Belkar is just a little too "hands-on" to go the deity route.

There's people too afraid of Belkar to say anything bad about him. That a sort of belief, yes? :smallbiggrin:

Demented
2007-05-14, 03:57 PM
Belkar's so good at killing, people would be worshipping him left and right. Either out of fear or awe. Though, all the Good folks would probably be a bit peeved. And yet, he's one of the few adventurers who would actively refuse to become a god, simply because it couldn't get him what he most enjoys.

Of course, he'd also get called a Mary Sue, the moment someone tried to make him a diety. Pshaw.

Lolzords
2007-05-14, 04:01 PM
Sounds good, perhaps Belkar could kick Erythunul out the pantheon and become the new god of slaughter. Domains: Chaos, Evil, Destruction, Death and War and his favoured weapon would be (of course) the dagger.

I can see it now...

Belkar
The god of slaughter, Belkar is chaotic evil. Belkar delights in slaughter and destruction. In civilized lands, his followers include evil fighters and barbarians. In savage lands, gnolls, bugbears, ogres and trolls commonly worship him. The domains he is associated with are Chaos, Evil, Destruction, Death and War. Belkar is mortal enemies with Kurtulmak, the god of Kobolds. He usually appears as a halfling with a demonic grin across his face weilding dual daggers, his favoured weapon.

SurlySeraph
2007-05-15, 12:46 AM
There's some elf god whose portfolio includes "hatred of Drow," so Belkar definitely has to have "hatred of kobolds" in his portfolio. As for his holy symbol, any mass of tissue with two daggers nearby will do.

Jefepato
2007-05-15, 01:14 AM
I can't see Belkar with the Death domain. Despite the name, it's more about necromancy than actual killing. Destruction would likely be more appropriate.

Lavidor
2007-05-15, 08:55 AM
He'd probably use his divine powers to kill:
*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* Out of space! Out of space! Out of space!:biggrin