PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next 20 Cursed Weapon Properties

JamesIntrocaso
2015-09-08, 10:00 AM
So this month's RPG Blog Carnival theme is cursed items. I'm doing a series of posts featuring curses that can be added to different magic item types. The first is curses for weapons. Take a look at the post and let me know what you think. Thanks!

http://worldbuilderblog.me/2015/09/08/20-cursed-magic-weapon-properties/

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-08, 10:31 AM
We definitely need more curses... There aren't enough in the 5e DMG. Time was, 90% of everything was cursed and Identify was the first spell you put in your spell book, but now... :smallannoyed:

Not sure I like the 'on a natural 1' thing though. I've seen DMs who do these types of things on a 1 normally, without any kind of curse being present. And it doesn't trigger very often. I like curses to be 'always on', like the Masculinity/Femininity curse. Now that's a classic!

JamesIntrocaso
2015-09-08, 10:34 AM
We definitely need more curses... There aren't enough in the 5e DMG. Time was, 90% of everything was cursed and Identify was the first spell you put in your spell book, but now... :smallannoyed:

Not sure I like the 'on a natural 1' thing though. I've seen DMs who do these types of things on a 1 normally, without any kind of curse being present. And it doesn't trigger very often. I like curses to be 'always on', like the Masculinity/Femininity curse. Now that's a classic!

Hahahahaha. Fair enough! Thanks for the feedback.

There's more cursed items coming. Stay tuned!