PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Any news on what's new for SWORD COAST ADVENTURER’S GUIDE??

BladeWing81
2015-09-08, 12:19 PM
All I know about it is that there are new character subclasses for the first set from the players hand book:

New Character Options: The book offers new subclass options, such as the Purple Dragon Knight and the Swashbuckler, for many of the classes presented in the Player’s Handbook, as well as new subraces and backgrounds specific to the Forgotten Realms.

but anyone know any specifics? are all classes getting new options?
or any class that you think might need a new subclass?

rgrekejin
2015-09-08, 01:38 PM
Short answer? No. No one really knows anything more than you do. That's about all that's been released publicly at this point.

The best we can really do at this point is make some guesses based on previous editions and previously released material. For example, the Purple Dragon Knight is likely to be a Paladin subclass, or maybe fighter, based on how the class appeared in 3.5. The Swashbuckler is almost certainly a subclass for the Rogue, similar if not identical to the one that appeared in the "Waterborne" Unearthed Arcana column. That column also included a new race (Minotaur), a new Sorcerous Origin (Stormborn) and a new Fighting Style (Mariner) for Fighters, Paladins, and Rangers. It would not surprise me at all to see some or all of that material reprinted in the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, possibly along with some other material from Unearthed Arcana, but that's just me guessing.

Grimstaff
2015-09-08, 02:00 PM
but anyone know any specifics? are all classes getting new options?
or any class that you think might need a new subclass?

There's a decent preview article in the most recent "issue" of Dragon.

Socko525
2015-09-09, 10:51 AM
Things mentioned in the Dragon+ article:
Uthgardt barbarians
Elven bladesingers
Purple Dragon Knights
new totems, sub-classes and a new warlock patron (the Undying)
Oath of the Crown Paladin
Variant half-elf
Variant Tiefling