PDA

View Full Version : DM Help D20 Daleks

NoseFeratu
2015-09-08, 09:15 PM
I'm looking for a monster to reskin as a Dalek for my current Pathfinder campaign. The PCs are mid-op level 5, and I'm trying to find a monster that fits the mold without resorting to the "use a Beholder with the construct subtype" route.

nolongerchaos
2015-09-08, 09:47 PM
The Archon Codex (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/archon/archon-codex) looks like it could suit your purposes if you swap it and its abilities to CE (or lawful, depending on how you view them), maybe beef up that light ray a touch more or just make it's favored enemy simply "all non-Archon Codex creatures"

Darrin
2015-09-08, 10:22 PM
Clockwork Horror (MM2) would probably be a good place to start. The Adamantine Horror has disintegrate at will. Might want to remove the disjunction, though, if you don't want the PCs to lynch you.

nedz
2015-09-09, 12:04 AM
Just build a legless Golem.

I was looking for a Template which would turn a cyclops into a construct, but I couldn't find one ?

Ravens_cry
2015-09-09, 01:12 AM
Just build a legless Golem.

I was looking for a Template which would turn a cyclops into a construct, but I couldn't find one ?
Half Golem (MM2), if they fail the save, turns them into a construct. It's *weird* template though.

Razanir
2015-09-09, 07:40 AM
The Archon Codex (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/archon/archon-codex) looks like it could suit your purposes if you swap it and its abilities to CE (or lawful, depending on how you view them), maybe beef up that light ray a touch more or just make it's favored enemy simply "all non-Archon Codex creatures"

I don't think Daleks have a concept of Law.

charcoalninja
2015-09-09, 08:27 AM
Beholders.
"DIS - INTE - GRATE!!"
"ELE - VATE"
"DOM - IN - ATE!"

Telonius
2015-09-09, 08:35 AM
A Dalek itself is probably going to be a 1- or 2-hd aberration. I'd use Larval Flayers from Complete Psionic to model them, honestly; just switch the Intelligence and Dex scores.

The armor is what's going to be tricky.

charcoalninja
2015-09-09, 09:29 AM
I'm looking for a monster to reskin as a Dalek for my current Pathfinder campaign. The PCs are mid-op level 5, and I'm trying to find a monster that fits the mold without resorting to the "use a Beholder with the construct subtype" route.

Woops, should have read the fine print!

NoseFeratu
2015-09-09, 11:06 AM
A Dalek itself is probably going to be a 1- or 2-hd aberration. I'd use Larval Flayers from Complete Psionic to model them, honestly; just switch the Intelligence and Dex scores.

The armor is what's going to be tricky.

The armor could just make it Medium sized (Large for special cases like the Dalek God from BAD WOLF/The Parting of the Ways), as well as providing a disintegrate-like SLA that advances with its HD. Also, a Fly speed would be useful. Maybe an armor bonus = HD+5 and a few energy resistances?

I'm planning on making the alignment NE. LE implies a code of conduct that they really don't have, and CE suggests that they have difficulty working in groups.

Extra Anchovies
2015-09-09, 02:29 PM
Golems are definitely a good starting point - some DR/adamantine and immunity to most magic does a good job of carrying over how few vulnerabilities they have. From there, you'd really only need to add a disintegrate SLA (probably at a low caster level, maybe 5 or so) and a slow (5 or 10 ft) perfect-maneuverability fly speed.

The living creature that controls the armor would probably just be a shrieker with high Int, low Wis, and average Cha (maybe 14/6/10 respectively).

Telonius
2015-09-09, 11:06 PM
Well, they do respect a hierarchy - the Dalek Emperor is in overall command, and Daleks generally follow orders from superiors. Sometimes the authority they follow is based on genetic purity. (And of course they consider themselves superior to anything that's not a Dalek). But I could totally see a Neutral alignment too, since there's not much more self-centered than a Dalek.