PDA

View Full Version : PvP?

...Eh?
2007-05-12, 11:12 AM
On another forum, I'm joining a (possibly 2v2) PvP arena, starting at level 15. The person who wants to start this arena hasn't given us any other information than that, so this might be a little tricky, but since I no nothing of high leveled characters, and even less of PvP, can someone help me with a build? Pun-puns, Twice Betrayers, and Hulking Hurlers will likely be banned from the arena, so avoid those.

Artemician
2007-05-12, 11:21 AM
Ah... PvP. What an utterly fun way to spend a day.

Bear in mind though, if regular D&D is unbalanced, PvP is the Leaning Tower of Pisa sitting on a pin. D&D wasn't even meant to be balanced for PvP, and since regular play, which is meant to be balanced, is not so, you can imagine what PvP is like.

Okay.. from my experience, PvP arenas tend to involve a lot of one-trick ponies. You have people like the Dimension Grappler, the Omega Kineticist, and Psimon Cowell, which do only one thing, but do it damn well.

But, it's hard to find out what build to recommend until the DM gives you more details. But since it's 2v2, I would advise a tag-team build with your teammate.

Like the Hulking Hurler/Bloodstorm Blade and his little Halfling Thief-Acrobat Friend. Oh wait.. no HH. Well... try going for something that has reliable damage output, and can completely disable/kill something within one round. An UberCharger on a flying mount, or a DimDoor GrappleMonster are pretty good examples.

DaMullet
2007-05-12, 12:20 PM
Be a monk (or druid) so that you don't need magic items, and spend all your money on mules. You should be able to get enough that the entire arena is difficult terrain.

ZeroNumerous
2007-05-12, 12:41 PM
.. Or do something worthwhile and be a wizard. Contingent Celerity must always be on, the contingency being any initiative roll.

...Eh?
2007-05-12, 05:25 PM
Be a monk (or druid) so that you don't need magic items, and spend all your money on mules. You should be able to get enough that the entire arena is difficult terrain.

That...

That is AWESOME.

No, seriosuly, I'm going to do that.