PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Psionic Powers Grab-Bag

ThinkMinty
2015-09-09, 05:52 AM
I've seen a few spell list recommendation threads, but I haven't seen one for Psionic Powers.

So, what are some cool/powerful/hilarious/useful/etc psionic powers you've encountered in various sourcebooks, campaigns, etc?

Please cite the sources, if you can.

Levels 0-9 are welcome, although if you know any Epic ones, name 'em for the fun of it.

Vaz
2015-09-09, 07:15 AM
While not a power per se, in threads like this, I always like to bring up the Ardent. It has 2 powerful ACF's; Subsitute Power and Dominant Mantle the former lets you swap powers around in your mantle. This is essentially 'create a domain' psionic version. While you cannot create a mantle from scratch, you can replace powers off existing ones, and increase the ones with missing powers up to the maximum known. This is essentially free. The next trades one mantle for the ability at level 10 to make a primary mantle (chosen at level 1) to become your primary one; granting you the ability to augment for 2 free PP, and hold your focus when manifesting powers of that mantle. This is incredible, especially when you combine with Linked Power.

In addition, an ardent multiclasses very well, because the mechanics are based off Ardent Manifester Level for learning, rather than class level, so provided you are able to keep a constant +CL or +ML effect going, you can get +9 CL from an ECL16 character with Practised Manifester and Spellcaster, and an Orange Prism Ioun Stone; 9th level powers for 2 feats, an item and 8 class levels; that leaves 12 for you to do whatever.

In regards to power;

Sense Danger, Magic of Eberron, 3rd
Not Danger sense, that is a different power. Sense Danger is a 10 minute/level buff that allows you to manifest a single power with a maximum 1pp limit (+1pp per pp invested) even when surprised. This is expended after the first time it is used.

Anticipatory Strike has a 9pp cost. For augmented to allow for AS to trigger, you need to be able 'fest ML13, so 7th level powers. For the cost of 22pp, you can instantly make your action, even when Surprised, and you don't need to go around looking like a giant tortoise.

Psionics just does it better.

Psyren
2015-09-09, 03:14 PM
The Psion Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10238.0) has a ton of power recommendations, I'd start there. For "cool/funny/etc", check the Psionic Tricks Handbook in my sig.