PDA

View Full Version : Caster Level Caps

Reardon Graham
2015-09-09, 08:33 PM
I realize this may not have a happy ending but are there any ways via feats or class features to do more damage than you're allowed by the caps set in place for caster levels..? Also, I'm new here and this is my first post on here so...

Brova
2015-09-09, 08:36 PM
I realize this may not have a happy ending but are there any ways via feats or class features to do more damage than you're allowed by the caps set in place for caster levels..? Also, I'm new here and this is my first post on here so...

There's a feat (I want to say Reserves of Strength) that does this. For damage specifically you can just pile on a bunch of metamagic to do "more" damage than you normally would at the cap.

Jack_Simth
2015-09-09, 08:37 PM
A handful, but they're rare. Reserves of Strength is the most commonly-cited feat.
There are situational ones, such as split ray or twin spell that effectively change the caps.
There's the epic Enhance Spell feat.

Bronk
2015-09-09, 09:03 PM
For spells that do energy damage, there's the combination of 'energy substitution' and 'energy admixture' feats.

The first lets you change any energy spell (say a fireball) to one other type of damage chosen when you took the feat (say sonic). Now you can cast 'soundball' (wall of sound, cone of sound, etc.)

The second lets you instead cast the spell with both types of damage at the same time (fire-sound-ball?), effectively doubling the damage dice.