PDA

View Full Version : What would you do with Sovereign Glue?

NRSASD
2015-09-09, 09:47 PM
Sovereign Glue is truly wondrous stuff. Anything adhered with it is stuck until some Universal Solvent is applied, and no amount of force or magic can change that. What are some of the more creative/entertaining/bizarre uses you've come up with this lovely material, real or hypothetical.

To get the ball rolling:

1. Glue two cats together back-to-back and discover anti-gravity.
2. Weaponize a child's game and apply it to an Iron Golem's hands and order it to play patty cake with your foes.
3. Create an impossible bridge by gluing logs end to end across the Grand Canyon.

Kelb_Panthera
2015-09-09, 10:33 PM
Impregnate sheets of fabric to make a nigh-indestructable fiberglass-like material.

goto124
2015-09-09, 11:01 PM
5. Throw a vial of Sovereign Glue into the mouth of a Tarrasque.

Mastikator
2015-09-10, 01:15 AM
Impregnate sheets of fabric to make a nigh-indestructable fiberglass-like material.

Then make a rope out of this infinitely strong material and use it to make a space elevator. Then begin the path that leads to me as the leader of the space empire.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-10, 04:02 AM
6. Glue *anything* to an Immovable Rod, make *anything* immovable.

Mr. Mask
2015-09-10, 04:38 AM
Just checking, lets say you glued someone's thumbs together. Could they get them apart by ripping off the skin, or by cutting off the thumbs, or is the magic glue trickier than that (that was the problem of police ideas for glue instead of handcuffs)?

DigoDragon
2015-09-10, 06:53 AM
Just checking, lets say you glued someone's thumbs together. Could they get them apart by ripping off the skin, or by cutting off the thumbs, or is the magic glue trickier than that (that was the problem of police ideas for glue instead of handcuffs)?

I generally think of crazy glue for situations like that. You could rip off the skin to separate the thumbs. Probably hurt, but hey, it's thumbthing.

An idea I came up with as a DM-- use magic to pour out the contents of the bottle in air and let the sovereign glue harden into a ball shape. Now, fire that ball out of a cannon. Indestructible cannon ammo?

Mr. Mask
2015-09-10, 06:57 AM
it is thumbthing:smallbiggrin:

Interestingly, that was an argument for using stone cannonballs. They smashed on impact--so the enemy wouldn't fire them back at you. Iron cast cannonballs were apparently figured to be fairly reusable.

Strigon
2015-09-10, 08:26 AM
Play a cruel, cruel prank with a Chinese finger trap.

Millstone85
2015-09-10, 08:40 AM
3. Create an impossible bridge by gluing logs end to end across the Grand Canyon.
Just checking, lets say you glued someone's thumbs together. Could they get them apart by ripping off the skinI would also expect the weight of the bridge to tear the logs apart, not from each other but internally.

Impregnate sheets of fabric to make a nigh-indestructable fiberglass-like material.Much better.

DigoDragon
2015-09-10, 09:16 AM
Interestingly, that was an argument for using stone cannonballs. They smashed on impact--so the enemy wouldn't fire them back at you. Iron cast cannonballs were apparently figured to be fairly reusable.

Considering how far an iron cannonball could travel through your infantry, I don't know if it's worth the effort to go retrieve it. Well, I suppose you could in between engagements.

So how about a cannonball designed to explode on impact and it's filled with sovereign glue? Upon hitting infantry anything not immediately killed by the impact and/or shrapnel is now stuck to each other, to the shrapnel, to their equipment, to the ground...

Mr. Mask
2015-09-10, 10:03 AM
Millstone: If the glue is just invincibly sticky, and doesn't magically bind things so that even cutting them off won't save you, then yeah, it wouldn't actually be that useful for most applications. You could replace bolts and screws for certain takes, but only if you can get the glue over enough connecting surface area to lend as much support as the bolt. It'd also be dangerous enough that most people wouldn't want to make use of it.

Digo: The main worry was your enemy picking them up and shooting them back at you. You could retrieve the cannonballs after the battle, but prior to that, yeah, there in't really a chance.

Sovereign glue probably isn't worth the expense, you're better off with some more gunpowder and shrapnel. It does require the enemy surgeons to come up with some complex medical procedures where they skin off the top layer of skin, or just wait a couple of weeks for the skin to die and fall off with the glue. Also, the only armour you'd need against it would be a outer layer of clothing, making it less effective than shrapnel.

Eldan
2015-09-10, 10:12 AM
Combine several in this thread!

Cut someone open, then use sovereign glue to affix an immovable rod to a vital organ, then close them back up.

goto124
2015-09-10, 10:19 AM
But if you can cut the person up, why do to that trouble? Why not just stab those vital organs?

Eldan
2015-09-10, 10:20 AM
Research? Fun? Torture?

Mr. Mask
2015-09-10, 10:25 AM
Well, that's not really that different from drawing and quartering. Just that you stop at drawing, and what you affix the organs to may as well be immovable for the person involved.

Anonymouswizard
2015-09-10, 10:38 AM
Sovereign Glue is truly wondrous stuff. Anything adhered with it is stuck until some Universal Solvent is applied, and no amount of force or magic can change that. What are some of the more creative/entertaining/bizarre uses you've come up with this lovely material, real or hypothetical.

To get the ball rolling:

1. Glue two cats together back-to-back and discover anti-gravity.
2. Weaponize a child's game and apply it to an Iron Golem's hands and order it to play patty cake with your foes.

That's technically water, you know. Unless you really mean a universal solvent, in which case, yikes, that's like the world's strongest acid (we haven't worked out what we can store the bloody thing in) but slightly tamer, assuming it's not a fast-acting universal solvent.

Considering how far an iron cannonball could travel through your infantry, I don't know if it's worth the effort to go retrieve it. Well, I suppose you could in between engagements.

So how about a cannonball designed to explode on impact and it's filled with sovereign glue? Upon hitting infantry anything not immediately killed by the impact and/or shrapnel is now stuck to each other, to the shrapnel, to their equipment, to the ground...

I love this idea, and have a friend who would abuse this glue to no ends.

You know, if you live in a country where the entire ruling country is bards and you allow bastards to inherit then you can crank out the stuff as fast as you can make the mourning period turnover at first, and 9 months a unit later on. Could eventually glue the entire world in place.

Flickerdart
2015-09-10, 10:50 AM
I would go around gluing sovereigns together, of course.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-10, 11:17 AM
I would go around gluing sovereigns together, of course.

Are you mad?

There's only one thing to do with Sovereign Glue, and that is put a crown on it, assemble a court full of other (lesser) glues and find some unsuspecting duchy for them to conquer!

NRSASD
2015-09-10, 12:40 PM
@Anonymouswizard- Yep, water is the universal solvent but not the Universal Solvent, which is the multiverse's scariest acid. Luckily, it comes in little packets that are completely inert unless you add water.

@Millstone- You're probably right. But still...

Knaight
2015-09-10, 12:59 PM
@Anonymouswizard- Yep, water is the universal solvent but not the Universal Solvent, which is the multiverse's scariest acid. Luckily, it comes in little packets that are completely inert unless you add water.

@Millstone- You're probably right. But still...

Plus, at this point so many nonpolar molecules are in such heavy use that the term seems a bit dated. Prior to the existence of huge petrochemical industries, heavily used organic synthesis including lots of nonpolar steps and absolutely requiring lots of non-water solvents, and a few other things the term made a lot more sense.

Grim Portent
2015-09-10, 01:00 PM
Glue coins to the street and laugh as passerby try to pick them up.

Knaight
2015-09-10, 01:32 PM
If it interacts with liquids properly, this could be a fun way to make perpetually oily or wet surfaces. Take a bunch of canvas, glue one side of it. Then, run water or oil over the other side of the glue, making an extremely thin film that goes nowhere. Other water or oil should then attach over it easily enough.

Tvtyrant
2015-09-10, 01:36 PM
If it interacts with liquids properly, this could be a fun way to make perpetually oily or wet surfaces. Take a bunch of canvas, glue one side of it. Then, run water or oil over the other side of the glue, making an extremely thin film that goes nowhere. Other water or oil should then attach over it easily enough.

If it goes nowhere, would not that be a solid? Like, if it cannot move why would it still be slick?

braveheart
2015-09-10, 02:01 PM
Obviously every level 20+ dungeon needs to be made entirely out of sovereign glue, and have anti teleportation measures

That's correct, since it should stick to itself it will be the perfect construction material, don't ask me how I got that much, these things just happen

Steampunkette
2015-09-10, 02:58 PM
What would I do with Sovereign Glue?

Sell it to a research laboratory.

I'd do a live demonstration on National News as to Sovereign Glue's infinite resilience, probably using two powerful trucks trying to pull apart a couple of pieces of chain that were glued together.

Then I'd take it to the research lab, sell it to people MUCH smarter than me so they can figure out how to make more of it, and spend the rest of my life with lots of money as a group of scientists came up with a hundred and one uses for the stuff.

Knaight
2015-09-10, 03:22 PM
If it goes nowhere, would not that be a solid? Like, if it cannot move why would it still be slick?

The lowermost fluid layer would basically be solid. The upside to this is that a thin layer will essentially pull more to it, making an easily produced liquid layer around the base object, even if the base object would repel the liquid in question.

BootStrapTommy
2015-09-10, 04:34 PM
Obviously glue someone's butt to a toilet seat... For eternity.

goto124
2015-09-11, 03:25 AM
Glue coins to the street and laugh as passerby try to pick them up.

You could use normal superglue for this.

Obviously every level 20+ dungeon needs to be made entirely out of sovereign glue, and have anti teleportation measures

That's correct, since it should stick to itself it will be the perfect construction material, don't ask me how I got that much, these things just happen

Try not to touch the walls.

Better yet, cover the glue walls with... something. Paper? Rocks? Whatever's cheap?

Fri
2015-09-11, 04:45 AM
Glue souvereigns (http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140409064900/masseffect/images/2/25/Sovereign_charshot.png) together.

Oneris
2015-09-11, 05:05 AM
Glue permanently shut the cap to every container of Universal Solvent in the world, of course.

Grim Portent
2015-09-11, 05:06 AM
You could use normal superglue for this.

Fine, I'd glue wheeled vehicles to the ground while they were stuck in traffic instead, much more amusing. :smallbiggrin:

Elvenoutrider
2015-09-11, 06:29 AM
I was once in a party where, during a dungeoncrawl we glued one of the bosses to a toilet after he made us promise not to kill him.That was fun.

DigoDragon
2015-09-11, 07:25 AM
Glue Acererak's tomb shut.

TurboGhast
2015-09-11, 08:11 AM
Glue a cannon on top an Apparatus of Kwalish.

ICN
2015-09-11, 08:27 AM
A new and exciting variant of the hand full of whipped cream prank.

Anonymouswizard
2015-09-11, 11:19 AM
Glue Acererak's tomb shut.

That gives me a question, can we glue a sphere of annihilation in place?

DigoDragon
2015-09-11, 11:41 AM
That gives me a question, can we glue a sphere of annihilation in place?

Anything that touches one tends to be destroyed, so I'd guess that you couldn't.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-11, 12:35 PM
A new and exciting variant of the hand full of whipped cream prank.

Or the ol' custard-pie-in-the-face gag...

What's that? You can't breathe? Hilarious!

Kami2awa
2015-09-13, 04:00 PM
Decent superglue kind of is this in a fantasy world. Superglue sticks nearly any material other than polyethylene, polypropylene, PTFE and other inert plastics. These are not common in your average Middle-Earth-type world. Furthermore, its best dissolved by acetone, which again is not likely to be common.

Fri
2015-09-13, 04:11 PM
Sovereign glue is more than simple superglue. It basically bonds two materials into one permanently for practical purpose. Sovereign gluing a mug onto your hand? Congratulation, that mug is part of your hand now. At least that's my interpretation of the item.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-14, 03:30 AM
Sovereign glue is more than simple superglue. It basically bonds two materials into one permanently for practical purpose. Sovereign gluing a mug onto your hand? Congratulation, that mug is part of your hand now. At least that's my interpretation of the item.

That's my understanding as well. This is an iconic, nay, legendary magical item that transcends the boundaries of mundane adhesives. A single drop of this stuff could could have game-breaking repercussions if used correctly.

Kelb_Panthera
2015-09-14, 04:21 AM
Decent superglue kind of is this in a fantasy world. Superglue sticks nearly any material other than polyethylene, polypropylene, PTFE and other inert plastics. These are not common in your average Middle-Earth-type world. Furthermore, its best dissolved by acetone, which again is not likely to be common.

Sovereign glue is magical. It binds any two materials together completely regardless of what they are. It can only be dissolved by the equally magical universal solvent which is capable of dissolving any adhesive regardless of the nature of the adhesive.

MrZJunior
2015-09-14, 08:29 AM
No one will ever pants me again!

goto124
2015-09-14, 08:30 AM
I hope you have a pants flap.

Also, you're going to bath and sleep with those pants.

Forever.

Or until your dead skin sheds off.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-14, 09:13 AM
I hope you have a pants flap.

Also, you're going to bath and sleep with those pants.

Forever.

Or until your dead skin sheds off.

Maybe he went for prevention rather than cure?

...by gluing together the hands of everyone who had pantsed him in the past! That should serve as a deterrent.

FabulousFizban
2015-09-14, 11:54 AM
if sovereign glue is magical, does it come undone in an anti-magic field?

Jelly d6
2015-09-14, 05:13 PM

See, guys? That's why we should upgrade to Superglue! :smallbiggrin:

Cikomyr
2015-09-14, 07:06 PM
Thing is with a superglue, it needs a full minute to stick. And whatever you glue together, tge way it holds will always depend on the strength of the material involved before being ripped appart.

For example, if you were to glue a golem's feet to the ground, its only a question of time before he either tears his own feet off or tears a piece of the ground away.

Ill have to think about it...

MrZJunior
2015-09-14, 08:58 PM
Thing is with a superglue, it needs a full minute to stick. And whatever you glue together, tge way it holds will always depend on the strength of the material involved before being ripped appart.

For example, if you were to glue a golem's feet to the ground, its only a question of time before he either tears his own feet off or tears a piece of the ground away.

Ill have to think about it...

Perhaps a 50/50 mixture of superglue and sovereign glue?

TheCountAlucard
2015-09-14, 09:40 PM
The text of the item describes the glue as "worthless" and having lost its stickiness if the glued items are pulled apart before the glue sets; as such, I don't think one could impregnate fabrics with it to make indestructible materials - either it continues to be sticky until the fabric touches something (in which case, congratulations, you now have a piece of fabric glued to something), or it dries out as if something pulled it apart before it could set (in which case, congratulations, you now have a piece of fabric covered in worthless residue).

D+1
2015-09-14, 09:47 PM
I'd stick it to The Man!

Cikomyr
2015-09-14, 09:56 PM
I guess I would glue a Sword in a Stone :-P MWAHAHAHA

Hmmm... Gluing the teeth of a sleeping dragon together would be hilarious...

Ah! One could sabotage a castle's gates by gluing them open or close. Any doors, really. That'd be a buttpuckering moment at the right timing.

Kelb_Panthera
2015-09-14, 10:49 PM

I suppose it would. Or at least it would behave like regular sinew based glue until the AMF goes away.

The text of the item describes the glue as "worthless" and having lost its stickiness if the glued items are pulled apart before the glue sets; as such, I don't think one could impregnate fabrics with it to make indestructible materials - either it continues to be sticky until the fabric touches something (in which case, congratulations, you now have a piece of fabric glued to something), or it dries out as if something pulled it apart before it could set (in which case, congratulations, you now have a piece of fabric covered in worthless residue).

Nah. The fibers are being glued to one another. In any case you could always glue the impregnated fabric to a wall of force. The glue sets, the wall disappears when the spell wears out, bam, flat sheet of hardened, magic, carbon-fiber-ish material. Curved pieces can be made with a resilient sphere, and angled pieces with a force cage or the intersection of two or more force walls.

NRSASD
2015-09-15, 12:36 AM
@Jelly- I always figured the glue itself wasn't magical, even if it was magically made.

@Cikomyr- Gluing doors open/closed is a great idea! Especially automatic doors that people would expect to open as they try to flee through them :smallwink:

@Kelb- Brilliant! This is why I love the playground: science and magic meet and meld in the most unusual and awesome ways!

goto124
2015-09-15, 03:35 AM
Imagine what the automatic glass doors would look like when someone crashes into them.

'The doors turned into splinters... yet the middle part, where the two doors joined, remained intact as it fell onto the floor, next to the poor lady...'

Gamgee
2015-09-15, 04:18 AM
Perfect Warhammer 40k minatures. PERFECT! Hahaha No more snapping. No more being unable to glue to piece back on no matter how tiny the snapped piece if it did snap.

Glorious. As it is all I have in real life is super glue.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-15, 04:56 AM
Perfect Warhammer 40k minatures. PERFECT! Hahaha No more snapping. No more being unable to glue to piece back on no matter how tiny the snapped piece if it did snap.

Man, if they could develop a spray-on version of Sovereign Glue so that you could coat the minis with it (while somehow not gluing them to whatever they're standing on...

Cikomyr
2015-09-15, 07:48 AM

The model will still break at the weakest plastic joints..

Also, there are binding plastic glue you know? Works genuine wonders.

Edit: new idea! Glue a wizard's spellbook shut

goto124
2015-09-15, 10:25 AM
Wizard: *throws spellbook at offending gluer* How much damage do Improvised Weapons deal?

Cikomyr
2015-09-15, 01:58 PM
Wizard: *throws spellbook at offending gluer* How much damage do Improvised Weapons deal?

Less than a spell, thats for sure :smallbiggrin:

GoblinsAreIrish
2015-09-15, 02:57 PM
Isn't this basically the plot to the Lego movie?

MrZJunior
2015-09-15, 09:26 PM
Isn't this basically the plot to the Lego movie?

Yeah, but we're the good guys.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-09-16, 07:19 AM

Nah. The drying up is where the magic happens. Ones the glue is dry it consists of impossibly strong bonds that were created by magic, but are not actively manipulating magical energies any longer. It's like how two component glue would not work in an anti-chemistry field (incidentally: I'm guessing at how those glues work here, but I'm hoping there's a reaction and my wording works) but wouldn't be undone if it entered one after drying up.

(Also incidentally: yes, there is now such a thing as an anti-chemistry field. For the love of Sif, do not enter one!)

DigoDragon
2015-09-16, 07:47 AM
(Also incidentally: yes, there is now such a thing as an anti-chemistry field. For the love of Sif, do not enter one!)

Might be a nice place to store explosives though.

DataNinja
2015-09-16, 08:56 AM
Might be a nice place to store explosives though.

Depends on how chemistry no longer works...

Maybe Chemistry is the only thing stopping Hydrogen from reacting violently with oxygen... :smalleek:

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-09-16, 08:59 AM
Okay, I my version of the field reactions were no longer happening, since the reactions are what makes chemistry chemistry.

But I suppose I've got a green anti-chemistry field and you've got a red one, which is kind of a pro-chemistry field now that I think about it. :smallbiggrin:

DigoDragon
2015-09-16, 10:42 AM
Halting reactions I guess isn't too bad for non-organic things. Could be worse. Imagine nullifying the Strong Nuclear Force in an object?

Gonna need a lot more Sovereign glue for that. :smallbiggrin:

Elvenoutrider
2015-09-16, 11:18 AM
My artificer was once swallowed by a red dragon. I sovereign glued a decanter of endless water to his stomach and activated it...

Knaight
2015-09-16, 12:51 PM
Halting reactions I guess isn't too bad for non-organic things. Could be worse. Imagine nullifying the Strong Nuclear Force in an object?

Gonna need a lot more Sovereign glue for that. :smallbiggrin:

It's not necessarily bad for organic things either. It's biological ones which are hosed.

Cikomyr
2015-09-16, 01:08 PM
Depends on how chemistry no longer works...

Maybe Chemistry is the only thing stopping Hydrogen from reacting violently with oxygen... :smalleek:

Hydrogen interacting with Oxygen IS chemistry

DataNinja
2015-09-16, 02:10 PM
Hydrogen interacting with Oxygen IS chemistry

I thought the blue text was implied... :smalltongue:

Cikomyr
2015-09-16, 04:30 PM
I thought the blue text was implied... :smalltongue:

I prefee not to second guess sarcasm over the internet. Written text is hard to read emotions through.. So if you want me to get your sarcasm, use blue text or a smiley ;-)

Lets get back to Sovereign Glue. I suppose i could be an ass and use it on my decker's interface plug, mwahahaha

DataNinja
2015-09-16, 06:32 PM
I prefee not to second guess sarcasm over the internet. Written text is hard to read emotions through.. So if you want me to get your sarcasm, use blue text or a smiley ;-)

I'm terrible at remembering to use blue...

FabulousFizban
2015-09-16, 10:32 PM
pour it in the BBEG's beer and glue his colon shut.

Cikomyr
2015-09-16, 10:45 PM
pour it in the BBEG's beer and glue his colon shut.

Not gonna work :(

Hehe..put it on the Crown's base just before the King puts it on ^_^

goto124
2015-09-16, 11:55 PM
You could also glue a fancy top hat to your head. No need to worry about the wind blowing it off, or it dropping accidentally during combat!

Reltzik
2015-09-17, 12:42 AM
Let's see here....

* Place the campaign Macguffin in a jar of sovereign glue, and then hire five competing adventuring parties to retrieve it, fee deliverable only to the party who has it in-hand. ... not because the Macguffin's important, just for laughs.

* Glue the BBEG's sword into its sheathe.

* Glue shut the porticulus of the local castle/keep/whatever. Raid the countryside secure in the knowledge that the local knights cannot sally forth.

* Glue the hero's hand to the villain's hand. Cue sitcom theme music. (For added duration, glue adamantine bracers onto their wrists.)

* Give to any of the following parties for laughs: Wile E Coyote, Mythbusters, Elan, Kender, Mal Reynolds, Belkar, Tinker Gnomes.

* Make a fortune selling discount Slippers of Spiderwalking. Walk away from the scene of my crime secure in the knowledge that I am not being chased.

* Denture cement.

* Proving a point about 10 foot poles and paladin excretory orifices.

* Seal the BSF into his armor.

* Manacles are too good for prisoners.

* Securing a toupee.

* Stopping a shower curtain from attacking.

* Secure an angry air elemental to the ground. (Pro tip: Any air elemental becomes an angry air elemental with this technique.)

* Secure an angry air elemental to an angry earth elemental.

* Secure a savory doggy treat to the base of a dog's tail. Release as a distraction. Sneak past the palace guards at the low low price of an application of glue and your non-evil allignment.

* Stick it on coins and place them on the ground GLUE UP.

* Apply to section of my dungeon's floor as a trap.

* Give it to my kobold minions and tell them to get creative.

* Save for intolerable cliches. "We need to put our heads together," "Let's stick together," and "Stick the landing" are all candidate offenses.

* Preventing the party from splitting.

* Apply glue to the Macguffin, collect fee, hand the Macguffin to the questgiver. Sell solvent at 10x market price.

* (1) Ethereal-jaunt. (2) glue as many ghosts as possible into the BBEG's oubliette. (3) ??? (4) Profit.

Except you realized seconds after you attached the arm to the body that one or the other was backwards.

As a thrown weapon? It's based on your strength stat, Mr. Wizard.

FabulousFizban
2015-09-17, 12:47 AM
Not gonna work :(

Hehe..put it on the Crown's base just before the King puts it on ^_^

put it around the rim of his cup so it gets stuck to his face?

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-09-17, 09:33 AM
* Stick it on coins and place them on the ground GLUE UP.

Or with glue on both sides, if you think the streets could use some decorating.

Cikomyr
2015-09-17, 11:54 AM

Glue about 5 coins together on top of a railroad rail

NRSASD
2015-09-17, 12:13 PM
Why stop with coins? Make a plate of delicious, fresh-baked cookies on a lidded transparent serving platter and glue the lid to the platter. For maximum effect, place at a college library entrance with the sign "Free Cookies"

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-17, 12:18 PM
Why stop with coins? Make a plate of delicious, fresh-baked cookies on a lidded transparent serving platter and glue the lid to the platter. For maximum effect, place at a college library entrance with the sign "Free Cookies"

I give it five minutes before someone smashes the plate and/or lid.

Knaight
2015-09-17, 04:37 PM

No need. Cookies can be broken into pieces, and all someone has to do is come up with a plan wherein they scrape everything but the bottom off.

Cikomyr
2015-09-17, 04:55 PM
Create the most powerful potion in history. Like, Godmaking powerful.

Glue the bottom of the bottle to a cave's floor.

Make anyone who dont drink the potion in a few quick gulps die instantly. So no straws/long tongues allowed.

Set up a camera and laughs

TheCountAlucard
2015-09-17, 06:21 PM
Make anyone who dont drink the potion in a few quick gulps die instantly.So literally everyone on that plane of existence dies instantly, or everyone across all of existence, everywhere? If you can pull off a "godmaking" potion that dicelessly extinguishes all life in existence except the drinker (and even the drinker if he doesn't drink it quickly enough), you don't need sovereign glue to **** with people.

So no straws/long tongues allowed.A potion is about an ounce of liquid. I can use a straw to draw an ounce of liquid pretty quickly. I suspect most everyone could do the same.

Also potions can only carry the effects of up to third-level spells, if I recall correctly.

Gamgee
2015-09-17, 06:44 PM
Glue a dollar to the floor.

Kelb_Panthera
2015-09-17, 08:08 PM

Have the dishes made of glassteel, the good, older glasteel from races of faerun. Strong as adamantine and completely transparent. Let's see 'em get those.

Cikomyr
2015-09-17, 08:26 PM
So literally everyone on that plane of existence dies instantly, or everyone across all of existence, everywhere? If you can pull off a "godmaking" potion that dicelessly extinguishes all life in existence except the drinker (and even the drinker if he doesn't drink it quickly enough), you don't need sovereign glue to **** with people.

I am not going to waste time explaining something to someone who is deliberately obtuse.

TheCountAlucard
2015-09-17, 09:51 PM
You still don't need sovereign glue to mess with people if you're powerful enough to make a magical Big Gulp that dicelessly kills you if you can't finish it in a few seconds, and makes you a god if you can.

Temperjoke
2015-09-17, 10:07 PM
I would develop a landmine that when tripped would explode the glue on everything in a 5 foot radius, followed up in 30 seconds with an explosion of alchemist's fire on the same radius. Then I'd set up a field of them if I knew an army was advancing towards town.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-09-18, 03:47 AM
Aside from the nitpicking over the wording: I'd funnel the potion.

Set up a second container on some lower point somewhere, connect the two with a hose, apply suction (maybe with a pipette balloon or a pump or something to be extra safe) until the potion starts coming out on the lower side, et voila, god potion to go.

In fact, if I have a pump or pipette balloon I can just pump it out without funnel.

I could even do that with just a straw. Suck the fluid halfway into the straw, let it fall into the other container. Repeat until you've got the full dose.

Reltzik
2015-09-18, 01:32 PM
Just drill a small hole at the base of the potion's container and drain it into something more portable.

Exediron
2015-09-18, 02:10 PM
You still don't need sovereign glue to mess with people if you're powerful enough to make a magical Big Gulp that dicelessly kills you if you can't finish it in a few seconds, and makes you a god if you can.

Well, no - you clearly don't need it. Hypothetically, you can use it and you thought it would be funny.

Most of these don't make sense, so why'd you choose that one to pick on?

TheCountAlucard
2015-09-18, 09:13 PM
Mostly because of how over-the-top impractical it is. Yes, for most of these you're wasting like eleven thousand gold pieces for the sake of a pratfall, but this is making (for the sake of wasting) what's essentially an artifact-level magic item and wasting eleven thousand gold pieces for the sake of a pratfall.

Reltzik
2015-09-18, 10:27 PM
That, or it's not over the top ENOUGH. We should make an elemental demi-plane of sovereign glue.

EDIT: And have entry be through an open pit trap, narrow enough to be vaulted with a DC 10 jump check, and an invisible tripwire two feet before the edge.

Oneris
2015-09-19, 06:21 PM
Just wondering, does anyone else unconsciously sing the "Klondike Bar" jingle whenever they read the title of this thread?

DigoDragon
2015-09-19, 10:31 PM
Just wondering, does anyone else unconsciously sing the "Klondike Bar" jingle whenever they read the title of this thread?

No, but now that you mention it...

Kelb_Panthera
2015-09-19, 11:38 PM

Damn you.

:smalltongue:

NRSASD
2015-09-20, 04:52 AM
The origins of this thread have been unveiled!

Also, put sovereign glue in someone's slippers.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-09-20, 06:48 AM
When the other characters are in the shower (this happens all the time in medieval fantasy roleplaying games right?) apply the glue to the outside of their underwear. Getting themselves dressed becomes an intelligence test ones one or both hands are attached to a glue rag. (Works best if glue takes a very short time to dry up).