PDA

View Full Version : Another Zombie Game! (OOC)

deepsear
2007-05-12, 04:03 PM
I know you have all been waiting anxiously for a zombie survival game!

*silence*

Anyway, I am having crazy delusions that I can get a bunch of people to come try my own style of this genre.

I am looking for 5 players who are willing to try something new, and who are comfortable with complete freedom in a zombie-infested town.

IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2591696#post2591696)

*Current Players!*
Pingcode 20
Lucky
Warpfire777
Shadow
Koga
Zakama
inky13112
MrEdwardNigma

Rules are as follows:
1) Play nice. You all depend on each other to survive, so share if someone needs something you find.

2)There are no "classes". You are all average Joes and Jans. There is only limited starting equipment. Females start with small first aid kits, 30 money, and a nail file (MWAHAHAAH F34R TEH NAIL FILE! 1-2 damage!) 30 health.
Males start with a pocketknife (slightly better than the nail file, 2-2 damage!) and 30 money. 30 health.

3)You can interact with everything you see. If you want to turn off a lamp and stuff a dog in a trash can, so be it. :smallbiggrin:

4)The whole list! (http://www.freewebs.com/secretgoal/zombies.htm)

Shadow
2007-05-13, 02:01 AM
I may be interested, but that will depend on the posting frequency that you expect and how fast you expect this game to move.

Koga
2007-05-13, 02:04 AM
Interested immensely.

Wouldn't it have just been easier to make this a d20 modern game?

pingcode20
2007-05-13, 03:24 AM
Alright, what the hell. Count me in.

deepsear
2007-05-13, 11:45 AM
@ Shadow- This game will move pretty quickly. I will be on twice a day, for quite a while. I kinda want at least 1 post a day, but every 2 days is acceptable. (Per player)

@ Kago- It would have been immensely easier, but where is the fun in that?
Plus, i didnt really see anything for guns :P

Lucky
2007-05-13, 08:19 PM
Ah heck, sure, why not?

Sign me up.

Warpfire
2007-05-13, 09:36 PM
Looks interesting...

I'll join.

deepsear
2007-05-13, 10:16 PM
@ Shadow & Kago
You guys better hurry and decide!

Hey, you guys who signed up read all the rules and stuff and liked em?

pingcode20
2007-05-13, 10:42 PM
Yeah. It looks to be alright - can't say what might crop up as balanced or unbalanced, but we'll see and make changes later.

I think it might be best to put down Shadow and Koga as joined for now, unless they say otherwise.

deepsear
2007-05-13, 10:59 PM
Le done.

I guess I should rename the thread... as if I knew how :smallfrown:

Zakama
2007-05-13, 11:03 PM
Sounds cool, I'll do it.

inky13112
2007-05-13, 11:09 PM
Can I join?

deepsear
2007-05-13, 11:12 PM
What does every1 else think about letting in 2 more people?

Until then, you guys can be backup in case someone opts out.

Shadow
2007-05-15, 02:58 AM
What do I care?
Let them in.

Oh, wait....
It's Inky....
Nevermind. Don't let that guy play! :biggrin:

[edit-o]
And yes. I'm in. As long as I get to stab Inky with my makeshift knife!

Zakama
2007-05-15, 09:43 AM
I'll take not answering as yes, so thanks for letting us in. Also at Giant in the Playground, do you start a new thread for playing the game? they do that in another forum I've been too.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-05-15, 10:09 AM
I'd love to join, if it's still possible...

deepsear
2007-05-15, 03:59 PM
Sweet. I guess 5 wasn't a very good limit, somehow I thought I wouldn't be achieving it.

Ok Mr E. Nigma, you can be in too. I'll tae you all off of pending. 8 people should be plenty. No more players. I'll try to turn people back. :smallbiggrin:

If everyone is ready, I will tell everyone that we are going to be straightening the rules out as we come to hitches.

And I will start the IC thread shortly.

EDIT: Strange. I cannot make a new thread...

MrEdwardNigma
2007-05-15, 04:11 PM
Don't worry about it, just post here when IC starts, or PM, whatever. As long as I don't find out when the game's been running a month or so...

deepsear
2007-05-15, 04:51 PM
Sigh* Okay. Get me some bios, please. Names+Bios. Short.
Name
This will be placed in Ft. Worth, Texas, for the purpose of me knowing something about it. No hick accents. :wink:

EDIT: IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2591696#post2591696) is up.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-05-16, 06:05 AM
Name: Jack McBlade
Bio: Jack's parents are scottish immigrants, but Jack isn't born in Scotland. His parents had a hard time earning money and barely had any time to watch Jack, so most of the time he just wandered on the streets, if his parents hadn't sent him out to scrape together some money. After a long while of doing chores and such, Jack found out it was easier to simply take what he wanted instead of working for it. His dad is a big fan of Scottish, "manly" games (like tossing logs and such...) and forced Jack to enter in all these competitions (most of which he organised). His mom works in the school as a cafeteria lady (if that's ok with you, deepsear...) and Jack secretly enjoys cooking. If anyone found out about this, however, he'd most likely beat them to a pulp. He's got a reputation to uphold.
Personality: Jack's a reasonably easy going guy, but when he puts his foot down, it stays down. Even though Jack does steal, drink, smoke and beat people up at times, he's not really such a bad guy, deep down. He doesn't pick on the weak, and has a reputation of beating known bullies to a pulp.
Looks: Jack's quite handsome, but not in the regular sense of the word. he's had his nose broken several times and he's got some bad burnmarks on his right hand (because of a cooking accident, but he claims he got it when poking a bonfire). Jack's got birght red hair (another thing he's sensitive about) and a very muscular build (because of the scottish games he had to play as a child).

pingcode20
2007-05-16, 06:54 AM
Name: Dr. Benjamin Sinclair
Bio: Dr. Sinclair is an engineer, caught up in this mess only as a consequence of choosing the wrong place to spend a weekend. His parents are not of clear significance to his personality (read: I'll make it up if it comes up), thought he is often joked to be something of an idiot savant - hardly the truth, but he does tend to get caught up in what (to other people) are often completely irrelevant details; a trait which has not less than a few times earned him a black eye.

He also happens to wear a lab coat with a red, a blue and a black pen sticking out of the front pocket for purposes of stereotype identification.

deepsear
2007-05-16, 08:46 AM
Ah... a tearful reunion with mother, but i will decide whether she tries to eat your brains or not. You have the most delicious plot starters.

And pingcode... sorry I didnt start the High School scenario thing earlier, but i guess you could be a volunteer chaperone to the children. (Hence the ability for the 7 kids to be alone on the bus, and hence your bad choice of weekend.) :smallbiggrin: It all works out!

Oh, and do I need to be more specific on any part of the scenario? I was afraid I was going to be too detailed. :smallredface:

Shadow
2007-05-16, 01:51 PM
Name: Jennieh Jacobson
Personality/Bio: Jennieh, or Jen as she prefers to be called, is a young woman just out of high school and trying to find her place in the world. She had quite a self-esteem issue and attempts to "fit in and go unnoticed" whenever possible. That's why she prefers to go by Jen. Jennieh is far too interesting a name for an ordinary girl.
Looks: Jen is rather plain looking with mid-legnth brown hair and brown eyes. Not truly attractive, nor unattractive. Unfortunately she thinks that she stands out in a crowd like some sort of mutant.

pingcode20
2007-05-16, 10:17 PM
Nah, I'll go with him being a member of the public all the same, having been asked to come along as a supervisor.

If it helps, I based Dr. Sinclair on Dr. Jacob Buckman from The Mote in God's Eye.

deepsear
2007-05-16, 10:53 PM
Just so everyone gets this...

IC IS UP CHECK FIRST POST.

Please, oh please, subscribe to both threads!

If you don't want to clutter your mailbox, create an account at www.mailinator.com (http://www.mailinator.com)
And make it a home page, if you've got IE7 or Firefox<--- Which rocks. Hey, that rhymes!

Warpfire
2007-05-18, 08:08 PM
Totally forgot to subscribe, sorry.

Name: Ted Diamond
Bio: Ted was born in New York, and lived a fairly normal middle class life. That is, until at the age of ten almost his entire family (extended and all) was killed when a plane crashed during a family trip to Europe. He spent the rest of his childhood as an orphan, being moved from one orphanage to another foster home many times. He recently became a private detective, but he only started recently so he doesn't have that much of a leg up on the average person.
Personality: Ted is fairly friendly on the exterior, but he has his own interests at heart and tends not to get attached to people. The classic friendly mercenary with a heart of stone. Wait, maybe that was supposed to be the other way around. Ah well.
Looks:Ted is of average height and looks. He is usually found wearing a faded brown pinstripe suit with matching fedora. He has short black hair and green eyes.

deepsear
2007-05-18, 08:21 PM
Eh, high school internship?

Kay, start killing some zombies. We have a live one already.

Warpfire
2007-05-18, 08:30 PM
Something along those lines.

inky13112
2007-05-20, 01:38 PM
Name: Robert Ashwaga
Gender male
Bio Robert has lived an uneventful life. An only child in a middle class family.
Personality Robert (or simply swaga as many people call him) was a video game junkie. He would play video games constantly at his house, which caused his grades to suffer, but not to the point where he risked failing. He is somewhat reserved, holding back from social interactions and trying to simply be a spectator. When he does talk, he generally regrets it later, regardless of what he said, thus reinforcing his quiet demeanor.
Looks A little tall for his age, and pale from getting little sun. He wears whatever, having little care for what others think of his dress, going for what is most comfortable and easy to put on, usually consisting of jeans and a T shirt.

Zakama
2007-05-20, 11:18 PM
Name: Lennox "Lynx" McIrvin

Bio: Lynx is from Scotland, and very proud to be part of the McIrvin clan. He moved to (wherever we are now) after his wife died, hoping to make a new start. He doesn't think the name Lennox suits him, so he has the nickname Lynx.

Looks: Lynx has red hair and a beard, is 6ft tall, and has a scar down from his left eye to his cheek.

Personality: Lynx can be rash at times, but is a great guy to have watching your back (if he likes you). He's quick to crack a joke, and often does.

deepsear
2007-05-20, 11:23 PM
It's a high school field trip, sorry. Do I need to put that on the first post?
If you take out the wife died thing, it sounds good.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-05-21, 01:21 AM
Schotland, Zakama, really? Gimme a hug, brotha!
(If that seemed like total rambling, my character, Jack, is from Schotland too)

deepsear
2007-06-06, 09:55 PM
Watch. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwOXOHPk1Yw&mode=related&search=)

Its funny.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-06-07, 04:20 AM
Meh. 'T was okay. Been done.

If you really like stickfigures, try the demented movie.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-06-10, 12:59 AM
It has to do with zombies, I am so in.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-06-10, 02:59 AM
I'm not sure you can still join, cube. Maybe Deepsear'll let you in anyways.
I'm rootin' for ya.

pingcode20
2007-06-10, 04:02 AM
Where is Deepsear, anyway?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-06-10, 04:14 AM
No idea. But he should check his thread once in a while, we can't continue much without the GM. I mean, I'm in the middle of my exams, and I'm less absent than he is!

deepsear
2007-06-10, 02:21 PM
I assumed you guys were still conversing in the IC thread, so i am letting you.

Since we are short on people, we will let Mr. Gelatinous join us. Read the whole thing, no matter how boring it gets, and then get yourself in with some of Zakama's finesse.

The inventories-
Jack
Walkie-Talkie; cell phone; USP; Handcuffs; Sword; Pipe; Drill, Hatchet; DEagle; hunting rifle; ammo; bedroll; lighter; flask; running shoes; hockey mask; crossbow;
Dr. Sinclaire
Dr. Sinclair's random stuff

Miscellany
1 Lighter
5 Packs of Matches
5 batteries
a leatherman tool
a set of utensils
a can of Axe bodyspray
some DP bottles
5 feet of tied-together shoelaces
a roll of duct tape
a pad with paper
10 diet cokes

a combi-flashlight
ye flask
a rucksack (Whee! Fun!)
a bedroll
a bike pump
a car pump
a pair of casual leather shoes
4 bottles propane
a propane stove

Wilbert the Rock
a super soaker

Longbow-with-a-knife-taped-to-it
30 arrows in a quiver
a Hockey Stick

Jen
Runnin' shoes; Tire Iron; Bat; a Bedroll; 1 lighter; 5 packs of waterproof matches; 1 combo radio-alarm-flashlight; 8 batteries; 1 hunting knife; 1 Leatherman; 1 rugged flask; some utensils; hockey mask
Lennox
Knife; 16 throwing sharp pointy things; leatherman; flashlight; bat; flask; rucksack; hockey stick; .357

deepsear
2007-06-28, 12:47 PM
Bump-a-moley...

Everyone has noticed the fact that you can look around and possibly improvise on deadly weapons, right?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-01, 01:44 PM
So, is this thing still active then? Who's waiting for who, eh, or what?

deepsear
2007-10-01, 04:13 PM
Sadly, I must assume that this has died.

The rules did leave something to be desired, but if I had used rules from a real game like Warhammer it might have worked.

My apologies.

Thank you for sticking with it for so long, Edward.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-01, 04:19 PM
No problem. I am just DieHard, I guess. Pity Jack'll fade away into oblivion now. And Wilbert, off course, good ol' Wilbert...

deepsear
2007-10-01, 04:37 PM
Hmm... there may be a way to bring him back, but its just me trying to make this live long too. If you are interested, you can check my sig sometime soon.