PDA

View Full Version : How does he do that??? [Feat]

Maerok
2007-05-12, 04:07 PM
Special Dance Move [General]
Your adept skill at dancing allows you to leave others stunned!
Prerequisite: Perform (dance) 10 ranks
Benefit: Once per minute as a move action, you may make a Perform (dance) check to execute some elaborate dance move and move up to half your base land speed as a Tumble action (but using the Perform check). Any opponent whose space you move through must succeed on a Will save with a DC equal to your check outcome or become fascinated for 1d3 rounds in which time they attempt to duplicate the move within their own space. This is a mind-affecting effect and can only affect a creature once every 24 hours; succeeding on the Will save allows for further tries, however.
Special: A creature with the bardic music ability may expend daily uses to increase the fascination time by 1 round each, up to a total of one-half his bard (or other class with the ability) level or 3, whichever is higher.

lacesmcawesome
2007-05-12, 05:44 PM
Hah, this made me laugh (In a good way, be assured)

It's a cool feat, definitely something I'd take for a bard. The only thing is... what's with the enemy trying to duplicate the move? Does mimicking the move have any real purpose? Or is it just because watching bugbears do the hustle is funny?

Korias
2007-05-12, 07:38 PM
It sounds like how the Blues brothers got the entire suburb to dance synchronized to that one song...

DracoDei
2007-05-12, 09:29 PM
Or some of the bad-guys in a classic Michael Jackson song maybe?

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 09:44 PM
Or some of the bad-guys in a classic Michael Jackson song maybe?
I have to make this guy as a BBEG now.

Maerok
2007-05-13, 09:45 PM
I had the moonwalk in mind when working on this feat. :smallbiggrin:

ocato
2007-05-13, 10:01 PM
haha, sounds pretty funny. Actually it kinda sounds like Irresistable Dance with a much higher save. Not to say it isn't a good idea.

Lapak
2007-05-14, 01:05 PM
What's funny is that I also had a rock song in mind when I read the column title, but not a Michael Jackson song.

I was expecting (for no particular reason) to see an Improved Blindfighting feat of some nature.

How do you think he does it? (I don't know)
What makes him so good?
He ain't got no distractions
Can't hear those buzzers and bells
Don't see those light a-flashin'
Plays by sense of smell...

FoeHammer
2007-06-07, 12:47 PM
Maybe you could make this so you could makeany Perform check and the enemy attempts to duplicate it. And what would happen if the Enemy had ranks in Dance(or whatever) could they pull it off? What would Happen?

Triaxx
2007-06-07, 07:30 PM
Or turn it around as a bonus to allies. Kung Fu Fighting anyone?

Fako
2007-06-07, 08:05 PM
Or turn it around as a bonus to allies. Kung Fu Fighting anyone?

...don't bards already sing that song when they use Inspire Greatness on Monks? :smallwink:

I like it personally...I know a friend who'd have fun with this one...