PDA

View Full Version : Where Is It?!

Cowboy_ninja
2007-05-12, 04:30 PM
there is a feat, for rogues, it says:

pick a foe that normally cant be sneak attacked. you can now sneak attack that foe.

where is it?

JaronK
2007-05-12, 04:33 PM
There's one from an older campaign specific book that lets you sneak attack for half damage, and there's a magic item in Magic Compendium that lets you sneak attack undead... sorry I can't be more helpful.

JaronK

Yvian
2007-05-12, 04:41 PM
There is a wizard spell in Spell Compendium that allows you to deliver sneak attacks to contrusts.

PMDM
2007-05-12, 04:52 PM
Did you check Complete Scoundrel?

Cowboy_ninja
2007-05-12, 05:19 PM
Did you check Complete Scoundrel?

no i havent........ i could have sworn it was in copmlete warrior or complete adventurer.......... im still lookin........... but no i was aware of its existance before complete scoundrel came out so i havent looked there.

the ole 3.0 versions of the feat was called. necrophisiology (for undead) and splintering strike (consructs)

but in 3.5 they they combined them into one feat where ( like i said) you just choose a creature type that cant be sneak attacked....

Hunter Noventa
2007-05-12, 08:23 PM
I've never heard of such a feat, but there's an alternate class feature in Dungeonscape where you can deal half sneak attack damage to constructs or undead in echange for your trap sense.

ocato
2007-05-12, 09:12 PM
...uh, Heaven?

Sorry pal, never heard of it. I think it came from the land of fairies and spells. Don't feel bad, I once dreamt there was a feat that let bards use their harps as improvised shortbows that got to add their Charisma to the damage roll. I spent like, 2 weeks looking for that.

Penguinsushi
2007-05-12, 09:18 PM
...uh, Heaven?

Sorry pal, never heard of it. I think it came from the land of fairies and spells. Don't feel bad, I once dreamt there was a feat that let bards use their harps as improvised shortbows that got to add their Charisma to the damage roll. I spent like, 2 weeks looking for that.

That's terrific. I totally need to make an NPC that does that in one of my games... :smallbiggrin:

~PS

Theodoxus
2007-05-13, 01:13 AM
Now they're called Corpsestrike, Vinestrike and Golemstrike - but they're spells. Though I have a thought...

silentknight
2007-05-13, 12:01 PM
Razing Strike from Complete Adventurer.

But you also have to be a spell caster. Sacrifice spell slots to deal deal bonus damage and sneak attack damage to undead (divine spell slot) or constructs (arcane spell slot).

Tellah
2007-05-13, 03:17 PM
...uh, Heaven?

Sounds a bit spoony to me...:smallwink:

Tengu
2007-05-13, 06:27 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2580106#post2580106
I couldn't resist.

Fizban
2007-05-13, 06:58 PM
...uh, Heaven?

Actually, I believe there is an item that does that, at least it's a harp/bow combo magic weapon/item. Can't remember what book it's in either, but I read it recently. Maybe the Book of Eldritch Might?

Human Paragon 3
2007-05-13, 09:43 PM
It's on the Net Book of Feats, I believe.

TheThan
2007-05-13, 11:53 PM
I’ve got one:

It’s a feat that allows arcane casters to ignore arcane spell failure in light armor.
I found it somewhere but now I can’t seem to recall where it was. I know of the beguiler’s and duskblade’s armored mage ability that’s basically what I want, in feat form.

WufeiLord
2007-05-14, 05:06 AM
...uh, Heaven?

If heaven is a book with that feat, heaven is Ravenloft. Go look in the small feats section.

Ranis
2007-05-14, 05:35 AM
You can also check Ghostwalk, though it might be a stretch.

Telonius
2007-05-14, 12:00 PM
I don't own the book, but an online source has suggested the "Skullclan Hunter" PrC from the Miniatures Handbook as granting Sneak Attacks against undead. "Quintessential Rogue" from Mongoose publishing also has a "Crusading Footpad" PrC that does the same.

EDIT: Deathstrike Bracers from the Magic Item Compendium might be what you're looking for.

Bag_of_Holding
2007-05-16, 09:18 AM
It's a substitution-level-like ability (can't remember exactly what it was called) for Rogues from Dungeonscape, where a Rogue can trade her trap sense (all of them, I believe) for an ability to deal sneak attack to those that are normally immune to it. You only deal half the damage, however.