PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Thoughtbot360
2007-05-12, 05:00 PM
My Halfling Wizard (nah-nanana-nahna-nana-nah-na....) was got strength drained by a wraith in a recent session, and was reduced to 1 str. The DM says that that incapacitates me, I said I thought that was 0 str. He said 0 of any ability score kills you. But I thought (this is 3.0, I haven't read 3.5 rules entirely):

0 str-Rag doll
0 dex-Too stiff to move
0 con-dead
0 int-stares into space
0 wis-eternal slumber with nightmares
0 cha-comatose

can someone clear this up?

JaronK
2007-05-12, 05:01 PM
Right. At strength 1 you can still move, though your clothing likely puts you at a heavy load. It's not until strenth 0 when you become unable to function.

JaronK

Thoughtbot360
2007-05-12, 05:14 PM
Right. At strength 1 you can still move, though your clothing likely puts you at a heavy load. It's not until strenth 0 when you become unable to function.

JaronK

Thats what I thought! You know, I lose 6 points. My halfling started would've had 6 str points, but because of some help and a reasignment of ability points, it got raised 7 from a leftover point. Had I left my str ability alone, under their rules, my character would've died.:smallannoyed:

Spiryt
2007-05-12, 05:15 PM
You are right.

Strength 0 means that the character cannot move at all. He lies helpless on the ground.

Nothing about death with 0 strenght. You "just" can't move.
With 1 strenght he can theoryticaly act normally.
Your equipment must weight less than 7 Ibs however:smallwink:

Jasdoif
2007-05-12, 05:19 PM
Here's the whole list.
Strength 0 means that the character cannot move at all. He lies helpless on the ground.
Dexterity 0 means that the character cannot move at all. He stands motionless, rigid, and helpless.
Constitution 0 means that the character is dead.
Intelligence 0 means that the character cannot think and is unconscious in a coma-like stupor, helpless.
Wisdom 0 means that the character is withdrawn into a deep sleep filled with nightmares, helpless.
Charisma 0 means that the character is withdrawn into a catatonic, coma-like stupor, helpless.While only Con 0 instantly means death, all the others leave you helpless. A coup de grace from a foe can (and likely will) kill you.

Amiria
2007-05-12, 05:21 PM
Wraiths don't drain Strength, they drain Constituition. Constitutuion 0 means you are dead.

Shadows damage Strength and you die when you are reduced to 0 Strength by a Shadow. But that's an exeptional case that is connected to the Shadow's Create Spawn ability.

Thoughtbot360
2007-05-12, 05:35 PM
Wraiths don't drain Strength, they drain Constituition. Constitutuion 0 means you are dead.

Shadows damage Strength and you die when you are reduced to 0 Strength by a Shadow. But that's an exeptional case that is connected to the Shadow's Create Spawn ability.

and when a Shadow reduces you to 1?

Jasdoif
2007-05-12, 05:36 PM
and when a Shadow reduces you to 1?Your Strength score is 1. That's all.

silentknight
2007-05-13, 12:13 PM
And you would be too weak to pick up your own shadow!

The_Snark
2007-05-13, 01:25 PM
and when a Shadow reduces you to 1?

Count yourself lucky the DM didn't roll any higher, I guess.