PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on cloaked dancer.

Masakan
2015-09-10, 04:02 PM
Can you still cast spells while dancing or are you just stuck in it?
If i can still do **** while dancing then I can think of a few things to do with it, if not then I might just scrap it,
Either way its only good for about one or 2 levels.

BowStreetRunner
2015-09-10, 04:08 PM
"Starting an enchanting dance effect is a standard action. You must concentrate each round to maintain the dance" So no, you would not normally be able to cast spells while using the enchanting dance ability.

Masakan
2015-09-10, 04:10 PM
"Starting an enchanting dance effect is a standard action. You must concentrate each round to maintain the dance" So no, you would not normally be able to cast spells while using the enchanting dance ability.
Hmm Would I still be able to attack or something? and I mean full attacks and stuff not the surprise attack you get at level 2

sovin_ndore
2015-09-10, 04:14 PM
You could look into resorting to something like Sonorous Hum to maintain your concentration actions...

ComaVision
2015-09-10, 04:17 PM
Hmm Would I still be able to attack or something? and I mean full attacks and stuff not the surprise attack you get at level 2

Concentration (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#duration)

Concentration
The spell lasts as long as you concentrate on it. Concentrating to maintain a spell is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Anything that could break your concentration when casting a spell can also break your concentration while you’re maintaining one, causing the spell to end.

You can’t cast a spell while concentrating on another one. Sometimes a spell lasts for a short time after you cease concentrating.

Masakan
2015-09-10, 04:18 PM
Concentration (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#duration)

Meaning I can't attack Goddamn it.

You could look into resorting to something like Sonorous Hum to maintain your concentration actions...
This is actually a really good idea, the only question is does this work for spell like abilities?

ComaVision
2015-09-10, 04:20 PM
This is actually a really good idea, the only question is does this work for spell like abilities?

By RAW, definitely not.

sovin_ndore
2015-09-10, 04:22 PM
I don't have books on me but is Schism more open ended?

Masakan
2015-09-10, 04:23 PM
By RAW, definitely not.
Frick! Sigh..well i had a feeling that would be it anyway, why give you a surprise attack if you could just full attack anyway?

Psyren
2015-09-10, 10:08 PM
I don't have books on me but is Schism more open ended?

Yes, your second mind can perform any purely mental actions for you, including concentrating.