PDA

View Full Version : Optimization PF: Wizard for Rise of the Runelords

Azif13
2015-09-10, 04:21 PM
Some fellows from my Rolplaying Club started Rise of the Runelords, but one of them left the party and asked me to join. They are level 4 now and just got rid of the goblins and got an encounter with ghoul scarecrows and they set fire to some crop field. Since they got a Warpriest, a Hunter and an Occultist, I thought of playing a wizard because they dont have any full caster and they lack in the arcane field. I will appear now and end the fire with a cone of cold or some other spell. The thing is, I want some advice on getting this PC done, I don't usually play wizards, but I have played witches, clerics, druids and sorcerers (I usually play full casters or inquisitors, because nobody expects the Cheliax inquisition). I think the party lacks someone to play battlefield control so I wanna do that (I guess conjuration is the best for that, but I will focus on non summoning spells because I have alredy played plenty of summoners, though they were one druid and one cleric, good summons is too good). I wanna enjoy for once the Batman Wizard, the one that has a contingency plan for his contingency plan, but I'm a little bit lost on the playstyle and on the build, so I seek for your advice.

We have a 15 point build and I intend to put 18 into int and I will surely get this trait: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/social-traits/bruising-intellect because intimidation is just the best social skill in rpg and it is my favourite skill in all the games I play. Besides that, anything goes. I ask for the build in general, but the spell selection and playstyle it's what I' really need the most.

Thanks for your help and excuse the english of this spanish native.

EDIT: I have alredy read Treantmonk's and Professor Q's guides. Also: I would like not just the build for level 4, but a projection for the future of the PC. Thanks again.