PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Questions about Nethys

Annullo
2015-09-10, 09:16 PM
I've been doing some research into Nethys and I haven't been able to find what kind, if any, outsider is associated with him. Pharasmia has the Psychopmps. Archons are associated with Law and Good. What kind of outsider usually work for him? I'm also trying to find any information about his Realm in the Maelstrom. Any guidance would be great! Thanks a bunch.

Geddy2112
2015-09-10, 09:36 PM
Nethys is pretty open about heralds and planar allies-he gives his followers the ability to summon more powerful blink dogs and cloakers, but his heralds vary from trumpet archons, to elementalish humanoids, to liches. Pretty much anybody or anything with magical power is probably good.

The malestrom is the home of the Proteans, who could also be servants of Nethys's more chaotic side. He did ascend from mortal status, and kinda just hangs out there so I don't know if he has a formal "realm". There are also the Speakers in the Depths, who created the proteans and are described similar to Nethys as intertwined chaos and the like.

Beowulf DW
2015-09-10, 09:41 PM
According to Inner Sea Gods (which I have open on my lap) Nethys's servitor race is called burleevs. Most of them were mortal worshipers that were remade after their deaths.

Psyren
2015-09-10, 09:48 PM
He has his own servitor outsider race, called the Burleevs. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/burleev) He also tends to favor ascended mortal spellcasters, turning them into Outsiders or magic-using undead.

Ninja'd

SlaadLord
2015-09-10, 11:50 PM
With his preoccupation with duality, I think aeons would also be a solid fit, at least flavor-wise. Gotta give the abstract duality outsiders some love, too.