PDA

View Full Version : A meet with Gods IC

drack
2015-09-11, 04:16 AM
Upon their return (uninjured) the scouts report a formidable force of zombies have gathered in hex 15. Ceremoniously they shuffle and shunt about a mound of feces and decaying corpses in honor to their god, Rassl'eth. Rather the zombies seem devoured to their god rather then the dread king himself. Chances are good that they're a rogue band of religious zealots. Perhaps a single rogue necromancer who's just having them all follow along? In any case your scouts count five zombie units, though they're most closely focused about their "shrine".

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-11, 05:03 AM
OOC:
Note, given the faster speed of Kra'Chin any chance his group spotted the zombies first, or was the will save I rolled too poor for it? [I think I rolled an 11, so if the zombies are 'hiding' which I doubt, then I'd likely miss them.]
This is important now that it's been ruled you can stealth and scout, and it heavily affects what happens.

In the event that I don't interact with them, then this falls under the primary purview of my champions instead of me.

drack
2015-09-11, 05:11 AM
OOC: Your scouts have already reported the location of their shrine so it is unnecessary. You may give them a wide breath or march through atop their shrine and declare yourself the king of pooptown. :smallsmile:
(with an army to fight your way through them)

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-11, 05:20 AM
IC:
Kra'Chin glared in the direction of the zombies, though he could not see him, his face betrayed anger.
"Nor'eth. Return to Stonespire and alert the people. We should return shortly with more news, while the time might be right in the world of dreams, it's not right in the world of reality... I wished to deal with him next weeks beginning, but if I must remind him who's where on the totem pole, I will... Go, tell the scouts to hold for the time while we deal with the matter."

Kra'Chin and his cohort head towards the zombies, less one Hunter, they don't move quietly in their plate, but they do move very fast.

OOC:
The thing is, they can't. I move 1.5 times faster than them [The rest of the movement boost is me moving 3* longer than them]. It's like saying that a walking person has gotten ahead of a person on a bicycle [In terrain that won't make a bicycle a useless hunk of metal.].
I'm choosing to interpret this as on of the wider ranging bodyguards coming back due to this.

drack
2015-09-11, 05:53 AM
OOC

I know, and if you'd rather run blind, by all means, though recall that single units, as of this iteration of the game, can no longer explore hexes. Since everything's explored I figure this probably means scout for hidden armies? :smallconfused:

It's one of those things were if we're hand-waving it and saying that they're running and the loss of MP is the buildup of fatigue then perhaps you're not left waiting long before you leave, if you leave at the same time and a literal interpretation that that's as fast as they move is applied, then indeed the word would be passed on to your underlings back home while you travel. Thing is it probably belongs in a thread somewhere more then in a PM, and it seems to make sense to toss you the info rather then going through your times of departure and speeds once more. Mind you, it probably would have made more sense had I posted it in the main thread like gaiy asked, but making a new thread for an encounter when the party slips in a nations game is an old habit and those are the hardest to break. :smallbiggrin:

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-11, 06:04 AM
OOC

I know, and if you'd rather run blind, by all means, though recall that single units, as of this iteration of the game, can no longer explore hexes. Since everything's explored I figure this probably means scout for hidden armies? :smallconfused:

It's one of those things were if we're hand-waving it and saying that they're running and the loss of MP is the buildup of fatigue then perhaps you're not left waiting long before you leave, if you leave at the same time and a literal interpretation that that's as fast as they move is applied, then indeed the word would be passed on to your underlings back home while you travel.

Kra'Chin's bodyguard is a scout special unit, so this isn't an individual scouting. The scouts I'm referring to as such IC are a martial unit.
Just so you have it in this thread, I'm going to copy their stats here, modified for Kra'Chin being secunded:

Unit Name Race Training Level Training Type Subtype Feats Weapons Armor Cost Upkeep
Kra'Chin's HuntersThri-KreenEliteLightPersonal, Scout, ArcherFar Shot, Point Blank Shot, Disciplined, Skilled Deffenders, Terrain Training [L+D Forrest, Rocky]Heavy Melee, Composite M3 Heavy RangedHeavy, Tower Shield1520380

Unit Name MAB RAB AC Melee Power Ranged Power Toughness Wound Levels Morale Command Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Move MPs Shock Factor Prerequisites Notes
Kra'Chin's Hunters1814281814213101196472940-Scouts, All Feats: Power Attack, Far Shot [Range Inc 8/6], Point Blank Shot, Great Cleave, Thri-Kreen Carapace, Shield Wall, Magic Item: Boots of the Wanderer

Also, while on the subject of speed, there's no build up of Fatigue. Kra'Chin and his hunters are using Boots of the Wanderer, and so automatically make all checks to keep hustling, forced marching and running. They can literally run between each side of the continent just fine. And yes, Kra'Chin is leaving at the same time as the scouts instead of catching up due to time constraints.

drack
2015-09-11, 01:15 PM
OOC

... and you and your bodyguards are scouting, exploring the hexes, or going in a straight line?

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-11, 06:39 PM
I intended them to go in a straight line while stealthing, but since it costs nothing to scout and stealth, they're exploring hexes while they move towards God Mountain.

Now though, they're going to go see this zombie horde and deal with it.

drack
2015-09-11, 07:17 PM
OOC

lets see if I can work this into a tabular form.
Unit Name Race Training Level Training Type Subtype Feats Weapons Armor Cost Upkeep
Kra'Chin's HuntersThri-KreenEliteLightPersonal, Scout, ArcherFar Shot, Point Blank Shot, Disciplined, Skilled Deffenders, Terrain Training [L+D Forrest, Rocky]Heavy Melee, Composite M3 Heavy RangedHeavy, Tower Shield1520380

Unit Name MAB RAB AC Melee Power Ranged Power Toughness Wound Levels Morale Command Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Move MPs Shock Factor Prerequisites Notes
Kra'Chin's Hunters1814281814213101196472940-Scouts, All Feats: Power Attack, Far Shot [Range Inc 8/6], Point Blank Shot, Great Cleave, Thri-Kreen Carapace, Shield Wall, Magic Item: Boots of the Wanderer

drack
2015-09-11, 08:00 PM
OOC

Well, lets get started before we fall into any more total a stagnation asking what you're doing and if you're sure that you're doing it. :smallsigh:

The dry brush fell readily beneath the heavy steps of yourself and your men as you wove about through the trees. In no time at all did you come upon a zombie, casually slaying it without a thought as you passed. Still, the stench of carrion hung in the air about these woods. Following the wretched scent a dozen or so zombies come into sight through the trees, but as they do so too do they catch sight of you.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7d/4d/fe/7d4dfe17936580e4daf0d91833c44271.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/6e/a1/46/6ea146c8b8d256af7a2e1935a3d02258.jpg
With a heart-wrenching shriek one of the zombies announces your presence as another bearing the weight of authority rises to the heavens alongside it. "Kor ka huruk ka-thrath! Chor-de galliemm! Jok Rassl'eth!" "Jok Rassl'eth!" Another voice echos in the V'K'kraan'ckian tongue. Dimly the cries hang reverberating through the woods as zombies begin to flow by the score from beyond the tree cover.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/89/33/50/893350f9ef26d9b63788a19a61b479aa.jpg
The zombies themselves slouch and stagger, moving as much from the shoves of those behind as from their own gait. Green puss of liquefied human oozes freely from splotches of postnecrotic flesh, spilling onto the ground with sickening squelches wherever it spills forth.

OOC
Ya see, now you had me roll for it, and as it happens you both discover each other around the same time meaning no surprise combat or peacefully passing on by without a thought to each other.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-11, 08:12 PM
[Insectile]"Back pace and should they not stop loose! Don't shoot the speaker!" [Common] "Speaker, I demand you halt you and yours and speak with me in the trade tongue!"
The Tohr-Kreen slowly step back, heavy shields covering all but Kra'Chin as they walk back faster than the Zombies can walk forwards, waiting for a response.

Kra'Chin waits, and as no response comes, he shouts once more.
[Insectile]"Loose!"
With that, the Kreen start firing.

OOC:
The Tohr Kreens standing orders [Assuming FOB setting]:
Move action back, then shoot. Repeat until the enemy is dead.
If the enemy gets within charge distance, turn and double move until the enemy is 400ft out, then maintain that distance when firing.

Due to the movement speed difference between human zombies and Thri-Kreen the zombies should not be able to catch up, allowing us to feather them to death.

If DnD setting, then the Tohr-Kreen try to keep the zombies 400ft away from them while shooting at the zombies, using a combination of run actions and full round shooting actions to put the zombies down.

I just realised I forgot to account for Tower Shields and Extra Attacks [For these guys] when I went through my units. Going to quickly drop attack values/increase powers.

In effect, their [X]AB went down by one and their [X]P went up by one... Not that it matters in this setting specifically.

drack
2015-09-11, 08:25 PM
Your troops fire freely on the zombies felling many before ultimately breaking and retreating back to their native lands.

There's a reason the scouts hadn't wiped out the zombies, there's a 10X10 grid, or rather the with has been simplified into three flanks, retreat too far on the battlefield and your troops retreat to the previous hex rather then continuing combat. I'll have to roll zombie deaths, but I can tell you for sure that your men have abandoned the battle and fled. Considering you're not solo-unit strong and as such it's a free action to kill you on the battlefield, I'll assume you flee with them.

I confess, I'm rather unfamiliar with most of the combat rules, but lets explore and learn them through trials and our errors together. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: one unit of zombies felled.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-11, 08:29 PM
Can I get where the rules are for falling back causing a full retreat [Because they sound stupid.], also, I could just run circles around them [Literally.] instead of just moving backwards. [Which I wouldn't do if I knew it was just going to end the battle.]
Also, while battles are done in 3 round intervals, I'd hope I'd not run off the field that fast by accident when walking.

Also, I am solo-unit strong, it's just suggested you don't do that, where are you getting that I'm not? Particularly since I've done a write up to get my stats so I know my stats individually are on par with entire units. However, given that I'm secunded in the unit, for them to break would require me breaking to.

drack
2015-09-11, 08:41 PM
OOC

The zombies have a left right and center flank. By the combat rules change Gaiy made in the master thread around the time of start up this time around rather then a full battle-map there are the three flanks. He's made no reference to the advancement direction so I can only assume it's unchanged. As for stepping off the battlemap signaling retreat I don't recall where in the rules it is, so it might be something I'm recalling from other mass combat systems, though I don't really see much alternative for walking off the map. :smallconfused: Furthermore he ruled that he as GM would do the maneuvering and rolling for the encounter going off a single order with an additional conditional order, or in the case of units of mindless or animistic intelligence, only the one order. This was intended to simplify combat and elevate the delays incurred by waiting for him to throw up battle map after battle map.

Ah, you are yourself a unit, my apologies (there should probably have been a similar stat block with the other then), would you like to remain and face the hoards alone then, or regroup with your armies? Mind you, moving seven times back and forth with your armies would still allow you to destroy them so long as the dice still favor you, it'd just take time. Adding in ranged attacks from your persons you might be able to accomplish it quicker, alternately by standing and fighting in ensuing combats you chance suffering some wounds yet perhaps dealing more yourself.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-11, 08:57 PM
By the combat rules change Gaiy made in the master thread around the time of start up this time around rather then a full battle-map there are the three flanks. He's made no reference to the advancement direction so I can only assume it's unchanged.
I know, duly noted about the flanks as it means I can't actually circle them.

As for stepping off the battlemap signaling retreat I don't recall where in the rules it is, so it might be something I'm recalling from other mass combat systems, though I don't really see much alternative for walking off the map. :smallconfused:
Ah, but the thing is there's no longer a map, just abstract, so you can't walk off it. However I'd suggest discussing it with Gaiy, because I've never seen it and this is the sort of thing best discussed before hand, and given hex sizes I don't see us walking out of the Hex by accident before we've destroyed the zombies.
In this particular instance, if there was a map, you'd have to extend it, as either the zombies keep following, so we keep falling back while shooting until we physically can't because there's stuff in the way [In which case, things would change.] then, and I should be able to give new orders.

Furthermore he ruled that he as GM would do the maneuvering and rolling for the encounter going off a single order with an additional conditional order, or in the case of units of mindless or animistic intelligence, only the one order. This was intended to simplify combat and elevate the delays incurred by waiting for him to throw up battle map after battle map.
Yep, so simplify it. There's no map to run off, there's just the commands, I don't know hte zombies, but mine is 'Move back and fire/Move to safety and return to first orders.'

Ah, you are yourself a unit, my apologies (there should probably have been a similar stat block with the other then), would you like to remain and face the hoards alone then, or regroup with your armies? Mind you, moving seven times back and forth with your armies would still allow you to destroy them so long as the dice still favor you, it'd just take time. Adding in ranged attacks from your persons you might be able to accomplish it quicker, alternately by standing and fighting in ensuing combats you chance suffering some wounds yet perhaps dealing more yourself.
I am, and the unit listing I gave you was with me secunded [And needs to have -2 Attack Bonus and +1 Power, due to tower shield/heavy weapon and their Extra attack.]. Also, I'm quite happy to take time, however if my bodyguard can't do it with me when I've specifically built them to, and they'd be taking no damage, I'd be more than a little annoyed.

drack
2015-09-11, 09:18 PM
OOC
I know, duly noted about the flanks as it means I can't actually circle them.

I believe so, so long as there are troops in each of the three flanks.

Ah, but the thing is there's no longer a map, just abstract, so you can't walk off it. However I'd suggest discussing it with Gaiy, because I've never seen it and this is the sort of thing best discussed before hand, and given hex sizes I don't see us walking out of the Hex by accident before we've destroyed the zombies.
In this particular instance, if there was a map, you'd have to extend it, as either the zombies keep following, so we keep falling back while shooting until we physically can't because there's stuff in the way [In which case, things would change.] then, and I should be able to give new orders.

Yep, so simplify it. There's no map to run off, there's just the commands, I don't know hte zombies, but mine is 'Move back and fire/Move to safety and return to first orders.'
Indeed, I've e-mailed him several times concerning it over the past week or so, and thus far while I've received answers to other questions, he's remained silent on distance. With him more often then not that's his way of agreeing with your proposed interpretation, yet it still lacks that distinct finality to it.

Mind you, if there is a map, moving back to maintain a set range most certainly forces you off of it.

I am, and the unit listing I gave you was with me secunded [And needs to have -2 Attack Bonus and +1 Power, due to tower shield/heavy weapon and their Extra attack.]. Also, I'm quite happy to take time, however if my bodyguard can't do it with me when I've specifically built them to, and they'd be taking no damage, I'd be more than a little annoyed.

Indeed, I'd meant were you to have broken off and attacked on your own, alternately were you using spells to attack as the unit fought it probably would have been good to mention in the orders post.

I'll not speculate to how well your unit would stand up to it outright, simply because I try to avoid encouraging metagaming of the sort. Do note however that by "time", I mean in game time as it's moving back and forth between hexes.

Alas, I confess, I hate to bog down a side-adventure thread with so much bantering about rules. :smallsigh: Truth is without me adding anything defence-wise to it the mountain, it's already deathly challenging, so it's not likely to be too fulfilling a quest when all is done and said. Still, at least with that bit there's more RP and less hashing out of rules to be done. :smallbiggrin:

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-11, 09:36 PM
Indeed, I'd meant were you to have broken off and attacked on your own, alternately were you using spells to attack as the unit fought it probably would have been good to mention in the orders post.
Yea, no. Stay with the bodyguards. While I could possibly cut a swath through the zombies on my own with and ok amount of success, I don't want to.

I'll not speculate to how well your unit would stand up to it outright, simply because I try to avoid encouraging metagaming of the sort. Do note however that by "time", I mean in game time as it's moving back and forth between hexes.
A hex is supposedly 90 miles across. How far I can back-peddle depends on how far in the zombies are, and do note that they either keep on following, or they turn aruond at the border, turning it into either a slow 'wave' back and forth on the border while staying in FOB Combat time since that's where the battle is instead of reverting to terrain time. If they fall back earlier though, the wave is elsewhere, if they follow, then it doesn't matter because the zombies are travelling hexes with me.

Noting the zombies are at most moving 30ft per round, that means they move 3 miles per hour, which means we get a number of FOB rounds = (distance/3)*6 while in the hex if we keep chasing. Assuming we're even 30 miles in to begin with gives me 60 ranged attacks on them, and due to FOB weapon rules they don't get their DR [Because it's based on damage type, and FOB deal all types.]. Zombies are likely 2HD, and have D12 HD and no con, meaning a toughness of 23. My ranged attacks have a power of 14, so I wound 55% of the time, which makes 33 successful wounds, to be modified by hit rate. Given that I've a ranged attack bonus of 13 [the -2 is to melee, only -1 to range.], that hit rate should be high. Going off Medium Zombie with light armor, I hit 100% of the time. [Far shot means the first range increment is 400ft]
Tell me, are there 33 Wounds of zombies in the hex? If not, assuming a travelling combat map and at least 30 miles of back-pedal, the zombies are pretty dead, which means Gaiy really needs to rule on if maps have a set 'distance', which I doubt they will.

On the event they get their DR, I can deal 18 wounds over 30 miles, or .6 wounds/mile statistically.

Alas, I confess, I hate to bog down a side-adventure thread with so much bantering about rules. :smallsigh: Truth is without me adding anything defence-wise to it the mountain, it's already deathly challenging, so it's not likely to be too fulfilling a quest when all is done and said. Still, at least with that bit there's more RP and less hashing out of rules to be done. :smallbiggrin:

Hey, it just means we're working out the rules, which means we won't have to deal with them later.

drack
2015-09-11, 09:52 PM
OOC

Battle plan: No, often in mass combat systems retreating beyond the map triggers a loss of moral akin to a full retreat. naturally the zombies couldn't keep up with you, but with the shattered moral that comes with it your troops wouldn't still be making attacks as they'd flee, after the first two or so attack actions (and that's generous), they'd be fleeing for their lives through the woods at top speed until they knew for sure they were safe. Doesn't jive with some tactics which is why I confess I'm not thrilled about the new combat system, in fact it seems to favor the dark empire, though I've noticed many mechanics seem to be doing that, probably to give them a fighting chance now that they no longer singlehandedly control half the world. All the same, I roll with them. You wanna return to the hex and try to sneak by them, return to the hex and try to find/confront them again, flag gaiy and wait for him to drop a ruling, or postpone your vacation to the top of the world?

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-11, 09:55 PM
I want a Gaiy ruling, because if hit and run is impossible, particularly with elite units trained for it who are being lead by the ruler of the nation who's firing alongside them, since these aren't level 1 conscripts, but level 6 characters bringing magic items, then something is clearly wrong. To say that hit and run turns into an automatic flee spits on decades if not centuries of human history, and makes this unit useless, since it's what it was designed to do.

drack
2015-09-11, 10:01 PM
OOC
In some ways, but I think to say it spits on centuries of human history is overdoing it. Getting in two solid volleys before retreating and getting in maybe three or four good skirmishes a week sounds somewhat realistic for hit and run tactics. True, the Huns are rolling in their graves about now, but mounted archer skirmishing has a little more to it then hit and run tactics, or even then popping zombie head-shots as you slowly walk backwards.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-11, 10:14 PM
OOC:
Another point is that if one is 'forced' back apparently they run out of movement points, so something that needs discussing is do these tactics immediately drop unit MPs to 0, or does it not count as being 'forced' back.

drack
2015-09-11, 10:22 PM
OOC: Oh, I hadn't read that far. :smalleek:

Well if so I'd let you retroactively change your tactics since 'tis a poor fate.

Gaiyamato
2015-09-12, 08:52 AM
OOC:
Normally retreating from the field would see you fall back a hex. However in this instance with such a small battle and the tactics explicitly stated by Eric, I don't see the harm. He kills the zombies - eventually. He would have won the battle either way.

Perhaps we should have people track ammo on units as well, which makes such a tactic still immensely useful, but harder in a long campaign if you won't get to restock arrows.

Also 3 flanks 5x5 deployment each side with a 5x5 gap between deployment zones is the minimum. So a 15x15 map is the smallest. The map is abstracted, but it can be worthwhile keeping the sizes and compositions on the flank in perspective.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-12, 09:24 AM
OOC:
So the validity of the tactic purely depends upon the battle in question, as it would in IRL. I can accept that.

As for unit ammo counts, a standard quiver is 20 arrows, which is supposed to be all you can carry in easy reach, which would be enough for 2 FOB rounds of shooting should the unit in question have 1 attack. As such, it'd kinda make archery useless in FOB outside of static positions/mounted archers who can have saddlebags full of arrows.

Also raises odd questions, such as how a lone hero killed a 100 man unit with 20 arrows, but I'm fine to roll with it.

Anyhow, waiting for the description.

drack
2015-09-12, 10:25 AM
http://img2.goodfon.su/wallpaper/big/3/6f/skull-volosy-mertvec-art.jpgAlmost gleefully the savage voices cry out as they begin to give chase, rolling through the trees like an unending tide of living corpses, groping, reaching, but always falling short. Your arrows, catching trees as often as not, fell them in droves. As their forces break under the onslaught more always seem to flow over them until they've chased you nearly halfway out of the region until finally a wave felled by your volley fall without instantly being overrun by another. Coughing a thick yellow puss onto the ground the second commander, his legs having been dislodged in the trampling mass, spits at you. "Korc an vec" He snarls at you and yours. "Wreck vo Gaheris." it adds distastefully before raising it's fist defiantly for another grand declaration of "Jok Rassl'eth!" which echos hollowly through the depleted battlefield. Thus resolved the zombie places its hand on its left breast and with the unnatural strength of undeath the cracking of several ribs can be heard before a soft squelching as the hand sinks into its chest. Slowly, determined, the zombie removes and raises it's heart aloft, crushing it in it's own palm and causing the last dark ichor to trickle down from it before submitting once more to the icy grip of death.

If translated later:

After cursing at you he declares you a wretched servant of Gaheris, and praises the greatness of his god.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-12, 10:52 AM
Kra'Chin looks at the last zombie to fall as he does so, felled at last by a solitary arrow after it's display, putting him out of his 'misery'.
"Kav'Rith. Go back to the scouts, tell them they can stop walking but to await another message. We've got some clean up to do, let's make sure they're all dead and see what it was they were gathering for."

Kra'Chin considers trying to memorize the words, but decides not to. They have fallen, beyond the cry of Rassel-
"Gaheris is the leader of Rassel'eth's charnel house on the world, isn't he."
It's not a question, so much as a statement of fact.
"Gather that one's head, I would make it a messenger, the scouts will need to check the rest of our territory for any other incursions. The 'Dark Empire' will answer for this transgression..."

"It's what you get for wanting a simple pilgrimage, is it not?"
Kra'Chin lets out a short cough of harsh laughter, before waving forwards towards the corpses.
"Come, let us ensure their final rest."

OOC:
Making sure they're dead [Kill them all action if relevant, done where possible to reduce survivors... Or in this case, roaming zombies.]. Then going to take a look at what the zombies were originally doing, by following the trail of corpses.
Oh, and I do want the head of the one that was speaking. I'll retrieve that personally.

drack
2015-09-12, 11:22 AM
The remaining zombies fall readily to your arrows, and the head of the zombie that spoke in purple is easily retrieved, though that which spoke in red seems to have gone missing in the fight. At the source of the incursion you find a massive mound of feces and carci several times your height which seems to be shaped crudely into that of their god. Atop the mound is a small brimstone icon of their god. Off to the side your men find a small sacrificial alter with a freshly slain fox upon it. Clearly this monument to their dark god was their goal, but what they might have wanted to do then could be anything.

Alter becomes a small chapel to Rassl'eth if a population center is built there, and cannot be converted to another god. Alternately the zombie corpses and mound of feces together are perhaps 30RP of fertilization for any nation that claims them. Alas it would take a larger force then is present to cart all that manure away. The brimstone idol could be smashed or kept, but it has no tangible value so far as you can tell.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-12, 11:42 AM
Kra'Chin glares at the corpse pile.
"Bring it down, place the idol on the alter, we don't have the fuel to burn all the zombies let alone these as well, and I'm not burning them myself."

[[Assuming such goes ahead without notable incident.]]
With the corpses scattered, the brimstone idol rests upon the alter, and Kra'Chin stands before it, having sent his guards several paces back. His Gythka rests easily in his hands, a faint shine coming off the blades.
[Clestial]"Wn'uf'cew Fn'yar, god of the Kreen, Lord of War and Magic, Knower of the world, Lord of the Kreen. I invoke the, that you may look upon me with favour. Rassel'eth, the vile one, I invoke the and your hunger, let my image feed your eyes.

Divines, I have felt the power structures shift, it shocked my core before I adapteded. Wn'uf'cew, as you fought Rassel'eth, I shall strike down his works, that you may take pride in your people continuing your work!"
[Insectile] "Sheathe!"
With a word, fields of force surround his Gythka's blades, and he raises his weapon high overhead, smashing it into the alter-
before continuing the process methodically.

[Celestial]"And Rassel'Eth. I have felt your fall. That you continue to defile the lands is a joke, soon to be forgotten. But until your name has been expunged, your very essence left to the ground and forgotten, I shall cleanse the world of your alters where they enter my reach!"
With that, Kra'Chin pulls back, drawing back his hands and unleashing a torrent of fiery bursts at the alter, leaving it a smoking ruin, gouged with marks of steel and force.

[Celestial] "Wn'uf'cew Fn'yar, I hope this act brings joy to your heart. Rassel'eth, as my image might feed your eyes, let you look, and see that even if the forests where water is plentiful, you are worth but air, not spit."

Kra'Chin turns to his bodyguard.
"We return to Stonespire, it's on the borders of the Dark Empire, so it would be there we would best speak to them of their transgression. These forests are Kreen land, regardless what they might think, it is not some place for outsiders to build such vile monuments."
When Kra'Chin and his Hunters pass back through the scouts, he gives orders that they are to head to the Warrens, and gather a unit of Kreen Guard to ensure no incursions exist in Kreen lands, or the surrounding forests.

OOC:
Enjoy. I've a feeling the gods may have something to say to that that may help delay me until day 3. Updating orders, the Kreen Scouts intend enter The Warrens, then joining with a unit of Kreen Guard, they'll search the non-settlement hexes in my territory and the unexplored adjacent hex to my territory, with orders to destroy any zombie incursions if they can.

drack
2015-09-12, 11:52 AM
OOC

Well being a god I'd feel odd roleplaying them so I'll leave a note that gaiy may take that opportunity if he so chooses, but I should probably make a point to note that hex 15 isn't within your lands. :smallsmile:

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-12, 11:58 AM
OOC:
Oops, making that the other free hex next to my territory instead, my mistake. Also, editing the text slightly.

As you can tell, I kinda consider it my territory already.

But while they're at it, they're going to check my lands as well for any incursions.

Gaiyamato
2015-09-12, 10:40 PM
OOC:
Crap.. bugger you Drack, Rassl'eth has to act. lol.

IC - Divine Realms.
Rassl'eth spends 2000xp. :smallsigh:

IC - At the Altar
As the first strike of the weapon against the altar the ground suddenly begins to shake. A massive rotting clawed hand bursts forth from the ground nearby the Altar. Decaying slime oozing from dark black basalt rock, angry glowing green runes blazing along it's surface. A second clawed fist bursts forth and the enormous head of the living, rotting statue of a great adult Dragon rears from the soil. Waves of magic spill from it, washing over the battlefield, penetrating the minds of those present and threatening the very sanity of the forces present.

You want to solo it DnD style or fight it FoB style?

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-12, 11:01 PM
Kra'Chin quickly moves back from the alter and rising dragon, shock marking his face as his guards move forward, grabbing him as they pull back, trained instincts coming together as they raise their shields to the ready position.

"Rassel'eth is so desperate as to send an agent!? Wn'uf'cew! I beseach you, as you stood alongside those that fought against's Rassel, standing between untouchable shades and greatest fiends, aid us against the greater darkness."
Despite the arms pulling on him, Kra'Chin tries to slow his backward motion somewhat, the momentary panic in his voice not quite reaching to his handling of his weapon.

OOC:
Neither choice is particularly good for me if this is a dragon. However, in the FOB rules it says combat between individuals should be done in 3.5 rules, and I don't think I've brought enough of us to justify FOB rules.
Going to spoiler the bits that were made irrelevant based on when the undead dragon came out of the ground. I'm presuming that rules wise the Dragon is getting a surprse round, which it's using to get out of the ground.
Even if not, I don't see the Kreen getting to act freely for a round... Beyond that mostly fluffy bit there.
And to note, reminder that Sid'Jax is also named Wn'uf'cew Fn'yar, just in case using it might have caused him to of not been watching.

Since the Hunters are all here, any chance they get the bonuses to abilities until there's less than 5 of them that can work together? [You never ended up deciding the rules for it beyond me saying 'Oh, needs 5, nevermind', I'd just like the save bonuses and attack bonuses.]
Additionally, will the hunters get Character HP [Max] as level 6 PC built NPCs, or do they get NPC HP for this [1/2HP]. I haven't got sheets for them but if we do this in DnD rules, I'll need that along with the details I have in excel.

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 12:25 AM
OOC:
Roll initiative. The Dragon spends the surprise round getting to the surface and posing for a moment as it gets it's barings, having moments before been in an entire different dimension.

[roll0]

What abilities were those again?

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 12:28 AM
Guards: [roll0]
Kra'Chin: [roll1]

Edit:
OOC:
Of relevance would be the bonuses to saves and attack bonus. Everything else would need a more complex decision than '+Competence bonus = Relevent ability.'

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 01:55 AM
The stone dragon raises up and breathes out a stream of putrid snot and vomit, bubbling from it's extreme acidity right at Kra'Chin.

OOC:
Breath weapon Damage [roll0] Reflex save DC 33 17 for half. All damage is Acid type.
Roll Fortitude Save vs Poison DC 22 or suffer 1D6+6 STR damage.
Roll fortitude Save vs Poison DC 20 or suffer 2D6 CON Damage

Weapon is a line of acid that only affects Kra'Chin

Dragon can breath again in [roll1] rounds.

I'll allow the bonuses for now dude. Honestly cannot remember entirely what it was for now.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 02:03 AM
OOC:
I thought it's saves were being nerfed due to loosing it's con? Cause this is looking far from ECL 13.

Saves
Damage: [roll0]
Str: [roll1]
Con: [roll2]

Are there any denser sections of woods nearby through which we could flee the dragon/hide from it?
Never mind, I now have a 20ft move speed.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 02:04 AM
OOC:
Good rolls. Rolling the Strength damage: [roll0]

Ok, now to see how that encumbrance affects me.

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 02:09 AM
OOC:
Sorry the roll to halve the damage is only 17 not 33. You passed.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 02:20 AM
IC:
Kra'Chin stumbles back as his Mithral armor immediately begins tarnishing under the acidic assault, what little acid gets up through the faceplate from his dodge immidiately douses his face with toxic fumes, immediately he feels his legs begin to buckle under the weight.

"We need to bring it down now! Charge it!"
As Kra'Chin's guards charge the great beast of corpse and stone, he begins casting, letting magical energies reinforce his body.

OOC:
You forgot to state whether my level 6 PC class bodyguards got full or half HP.

Kra'Chin:
Move: Move back 20ft.
Standard: Cast Divine Power, bringing his strength from 7 to 13, leaving him still stuck with medium encumbrance.
This will last 8 more rounds.

Hunters:
I'm presuming a huge creature, thus 4 squares in accross. As such, 6 charges [1 for each square, then one on each front/side diagonal], and 4 moving around to attack.

Chargers: These Guards have and AC of 26, and are using power attack reducing their hit bonus by 2, reducing it to 11.
[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]
[roll6], [roll7]
[roll8], [roll9]
[roll10], [roll11]

These ones will not be using power attack.
[roll12], [roll13]
[roll14], [roll15]
[roll16], [roll17]
[roll18], [roll19]

Huh, some decent rolls on my side... I hope it's DR isn't too high.

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 02:32 AM
All of the Kreen attacks glance from the surface of the mighty beast without a single scratch even inflicted upon it. Realising it's path is blocked however by the pesky soldiers it raises up and dives back into the ground, in mere seconds vanishing from sight, it's tunnel collapsing around it in the soil.

OOC:
Your troops get AoO, but they all miss except on natural 20s.

Drack ruled on the HP, they all have 1/2.

You can drop stuff as a free action as well you know.
Also I am going to allow you to count as a champion of Sid'Jax for the duration of this battle, allowing you to fully use your weapon.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 03:08 AM
With another arcane word, a shield of force takes form around Kra'Chin's arm, he begins to look around the forest, before stopping in horror.
If it was flying or walking they could flee into the deep forests, where the trees were too close together, but if it burrows under the ground, then they can't escape such.
"Loose formation on me! We need to wait for it to surface!"

Finishing saying that, Kra'Chin looks to the divine spirit that follows him, as if looking to ensure it's still there, and that Sid'Jax is still with him.

You mean, the one I wasn't carrying around because it's heavy and I was at the limit of my encumbrance before? Which would have to teleport to me in an area where teleportation, particularly divine teleportation, is blocked?
Also, while my weapon could damage it more easily, I've got an attack bonus of +12 total, and I haven't been corrected as to it being a huge creature, so I'm guess it's got mid-20s hit dice due to how dragons usually are.
And it's using it's burrow+Tremorsense despite it's int being neutered by Elder Eidelon.
Are you sure this is a CR 9ish encounter?

As for dropping stuff, the only things I could drop to noticably lighten me is my Gythka and my Armor, and I kinda need those right now.

Actions anyhow.
Casting shield, Kra'Chin now has an AC of 30, and his guards have AC's of 28.
Guards are moving into a loose formation to reduce the amount of straight-line multi-hits with breath weapons where possible, but close enough together that to resurface the dragon will either have to come up away from Kra'Chin, or perform a bull-rush to push them/me into the air... Doesn't help if it attacks from underground like it can.

Everyone but me are readying actions to attack the dragon if it resurfaces. If they can ready a defensive fighting attack they will, while it makes them unable to hit, it means we all have AC's of 30, and given it's likely attack bonus, I think we need to repeat this formation and charge attacks to have an hope.

Additionally, is my Divine Companion still with me? [Invisibile/Intangible etc being only I and anti-magic fields can interact with. I'm wondering if the anti-divine effect of the Eidelon has disabled it, given it's fluff.]

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 03:12 AM
OOC:
Forgot the Insanity aura on the guards. I'll say they passed it for that round.
10' insanity aura Will save DC 22 or be confused for 1 round.

Also yeah, you lose the connection to your God.

The dragon has no tremorsense. It's just going to make a really bad guess and where you may be. lol.

IC: The Dragon bursts from the ground once more 20 feet from behind your current position.

OOC again:
It cannot do anything.. cannot even roar or anything..erm no attacks. no move left. Your turn.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 03:18 AM
I'm the only one here with good will saves.

Me: [roll0] [So this one's a 25% chance]
Guards: [Who have a 10% chance of passing, which means they should kill us all shortly.]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 03:19 AM
Ok, so one Hunter proceeds to see Kra'Chin and the other's go insane.

Kra'Chin: [roll0]
9 Hunters:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Effects:
Kra'Chin flees 80120ft away from the Dragon after dropping his Gythka, using the Run action. This likely provokes attacks of opportunities from the 5 aggressive hunters.
4 hunters does nothing, 5 Hunters attacks another hunter/Kra'Chin.

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 03:28 AM
OOC:
I will let you slip by without being harmed.
I have tears rolling down my face. Between some bad choices and worse luck this is a nightmare.

So you and your guys charge the dragon only to fall into a babbling insane mess. Why not have the troops scatter out of it's 10' insanity range and pepper it with arrows from every direction. Some of them will get nat 20s and hurt it every now and then.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 03:37 AM
Because mid 20 HD dragons generally have DR 10 Magic.

Their Longbows do 1d8+3 damage, and need nat 20's to hit.
Thus, chance to do 1 damage is 1/20*1/8=1/160. Which means, if every round all 10 make 2 attacks, they should do 1 damage every 8 rounds.

My only ranged attack with any decent range that I can spam is my slings, which do 1d4 damage.

At this point, my only hope is to leg it, and hope the dragon looses track of me in the forest.

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 03:50 AM
Well between the insanity and it's attacks your unit just died really really badly. Talking auto hit and mush badly. But I think at 120' per round you are moving at twice it's fastest movement speed as it completely lacks flight. However a surprise is coming from another PC. :smallwink:

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 03:58 AM
The last thing Kra'Chin saw before panic overtook him was every sign his god had abandoned him.
When he came to, he looks back to see the blood of some of his closest companions covering the colossus of a dark god.
And so, he keeps running, panic covering his face as he runs as fast as he's able, something in the back of his mind telling him it's not going to work.

Well I'm out of it's range, so normal action.

Also, if it's fastest move speed is 60ft, that means it runs at 240ft per round. This means it catches up to me after this round. Fortuneately, loosing my dex to AC activates my ring so my AC doesn't change, but I'm expecting it to have a 35+% chance to hit me with a charge attack if I manage to flee the round after it catches up, depending on what it's insanity does to me next round.

At this point, I'm going to say Choo Choo, because based on what I've observed, the only way I was going to get out of this, was die and be resurrected, or Christopher to take the deal you couldn't garuntee he would take, and do whatever it was you guys are talking about privately.

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 04:51 AM
OOC:
It cannot run. :smallamused:

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 05:01 AM
Kra'Chin continues to run as fast as he can, running blindly until he believers he is safe.

Long having gained a great deal of distance on the construct, having observed it's continued chase Kra'Chin keeps running, alternating between sprinting and jogging to avoid obsticals, for some time likely staying just barely out of reach.

And then, he passes out of of the Eidelon's field, and his companion spirit returns.
"Pray. Call upon his name now, you need to call upon him to take you to safety."
"Wha- Where the hell did you go!"
"Please! Before another blocking field can be set up! Do you wan't to be caught by another dragon!"
"Sid'Jax! Do you hear me!?" Panic enters Kra'Chin's voice.
"He hears... You should be safe."
"Should!? He stands between men and the greater dark, despite their favour for Sophia, and for his devout creation the best he can offer is a 'You should be safe now.'!'

OOC:
Kra'Chin will run into an adjucant hex, due loosing the benefits of divine power meaning he'll shortly be only 20ft faster than the Eidelon which is likely chasing him down mindlessly, this means he'll likely travel a hex, which would take him into day 2.

Hex will be chosen randomly based on a die roll, 1 is 05. [roll0]. I will be modifying the post after this as a 'You crossed the anti-divine border'.
Edit: That's hex 31.
Nolonger leaving the hex while I await response.

drack
2015-09-13, 05:38 AM
OOC

Hex 31 is clear, as is the rest of your territory at the moment. (of course dark empire invades tomorrow, so be that as it may...)

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 05:47 AM
OOC: Better make an Endurance check or Fatigued for all that running.

IC - Hex 15.
Not long after you finally exist the region the divine blocking vanishes from the hex and all returns to normal.

IC - Hex 31
There is no direct answer from Sid'Jax, however your spirit guide gets the feeling that he heard it and has taken note. This is most likely a sign that for now you are safe.

drack
2015-09-13, 05:49 AM
OOC: Better make an Endurance check or Fatigued for all that running.
OOC
Magic boots mate.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 05:50 AM
OOC:
@Drack:
Yep, however because of how things have been done, I'm going to be mysteriously delayed until day 3.

Also, I don't have the scout ability, so you shouldn't give me said information.

@Gaiy:
Ok, how do unlimited auto-successes coming from the Boots of the Wanderer I already talked to you about sound? Because if I didn't have that, I'd be dead by now.
Also, in that case, I'll edit my post, should be done within a couple secs.
Edit: And it's done. Let me know if that gets a response.

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 05:55 AM
OOC: Sorry ok no worries on the Endurance then. You going to keep going forward to the mountain?

Your spirit guide can tell you about the divine block vanishing.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 06:04 AM
"Ah, so he could look down at any moment and see he missed one, and decide to finish? Tell me, has Sid'Jax sent his great gold to burn the armies of Rassel'eth in revenge?Does he intend for me to walk weakened through teritory that the Empire seems incredibly interested in? Does he intend to let that vile joke of a god continue to existing given all he's done?! I felt the shift in the heavens, Rassel'eth is no longer on high, does Sid'Jax plan on just sitting by and watching as Rassel'eth covers the world with his filth! Hell, Sophia and he both fought him tooth and nail, do they both intend to stand idly by! Silence spirit! I shall call upon you if I have need of you!"
The divine spirit flinches as Kra'Chin reverts to Sid'Jax's common name, instead of his proper name, as the Kreen normally use, before Kra'Chin looks around the forest, and tries to make his way to the scouts camp. He was in no state to continue, and he, rather selfishly, wanted to ensure that there were more bodies between him and any other dragon attacks.

OOC:
Assuming no further interaction, no. He's going to take the Kreen Scouts, and return to Stonespire, since he is currently without his main weapon, and doesn't have his bodyguards.

I mean
'Let's go on a potentially very dangerous trip, intending to be careful since it's the mountain of the gods.'
'Oh, the gods saw fit to strike at me with a dragon early, disarmed me, and killed all my close friends. Huh, I should still be able to take it.'

-.-

That, and I said I planned on returning to Stonespire earlier.

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 06:11 AM
OOC: Well you should arrive just before the DE does then. Which allows you to command the battle.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 06:13 AM
You mean, you're not going to delay me until after?

I presume this can't retroactively change things. Shall we presume that I spotted the armies tracks, and took a secret way around moving fast, and just arrived through the secret tunnels to find the Red having taken flight.

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 06:22 AM
OOC:
Actually you would pass through before they arrive at this time period.
We were not trying to prevent you from reaching the battle. Just trying to not let you retcon your way into the battle. lol.

Now you have a good reason to go back and you would get there hours before they appeared on the horizon even. You could be the one to bring the reinforcements from the capital in just before the Red Dragon bursts out if you like.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 06:33 AM
I've got no reason to go to the capital until I spot the army in the Hex, and then I'd rather hurry there... But, I could have messengers go who are currently bringing reinforcements...

They will be approaching with the unit of Kreen Scouts, and two units of Kreen Guard, one from The Vale and The Warrens. Also, how much XP am I getting? It's important, I may have a 5th level spell that's not Flame Strike.

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 06:38 AM
OOC:
According to my calculator you get 18,000 xp just from my part, plus some from Drack.

5ColouredWalker
2015-09-13, 06:40 AM
Duly noted, his however will be less given it needs to be shared with the unit [Which is now dead.]

However, if it's more than 1000, that's a 4th level spell known. [Forgot, -2 Spells/Level.]

Gaiyamato
2015-09-13, 06:43 AM
Cool. I'll leave it up to Drack.

drack
2015-09-13, 01:47 PM
sRd encounter calculator was telling me you get nill, so I had to do it manually. :smallcool:

+4545xp for you.