PDA

View Full Version : Cleric + Telflammar Shadowlord?

amdskitzo
2015-09-11, 12:25 PM
I understand it may not be the most optimized setup, but I think it could be flavorful. A cleric who fights the darkness with darkness

Travel and Portal domain offer dimension door as a spell to meet spellcasting prereq for shadowlord
Divine Intercession allows one to burn 3 turn/undead attempts to teleport up to 30ft as per dimension door
Sacred Outlaw(dragon mag 357, allows cleric/rogue to stack for turn level and sneak attack) to meet sneak attack prereq

I hate to use the word optimization in this case since I usually think of getting rid of fluff in favor of function, but how can I fine tune a build for a telflammar shadowlord using a cleric chassis?

I saw the shadowbane inquisitor/stalker, but both require being good. How can I make sure I have a reasonable number of turn/rebuke attempts other than extra turning and nightsticks? What type of action is Divine Intercession? The feat description doesn't state, standard action as per Dimension Door?

Flickerdart
2015-09-11, 01:17 PM
What type of action is Divine Intercession? The feat description doesn't state, standard action as per Dimension Door?
IIRC all Divine feats are Supernatural abilities, and unless stated, Supernatural abilities are activated as a standard action.

Don't forget to grab Sun School if you qualify, for that extra attack.

gorfnab
2015-09-11, 05:45 PM
If you're looking for a different Rogue/Cleric prestige class consider the Divine Trickster (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?172910-Articles-Previously-Appearing-on-GiantITP-com&p=9623145#post9623145). It's technically homebrew. However it was created by the Giant himself Rich Burlew who was an author for several wotc d&d sourcebooks.

Nifft
2015-09-11, 05:55 PM
Can you use [Reserve] feats like Dimensional Jaunt to trigger the Shadowlord attacks? Then you can teleport by not casting Dimension Door all day.

Alternately: Shape Soulmeld (Blink Shirt).

Alternately alternately: any Martial Adept and one feat (either Martial Study for Shadow Jaunt / Stride / Blink, or Adaptive Style if you pick Swordsage). Warblade + Martial Study (Shadow ______) is nice because you get an attack on the round when you recharge the teleport maneuver.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-09-11, 06:05 PM
IIRC the Shadow Pounce works with any [Teleport] effect, hence why it works with the Shadow Jaunt, Step, Blink maneuvers.