PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Best Spells for A Druid/Monk?

Palanan
2015-09-11, 06:56 PM
Once again my gaming group is shifting gears, and we're about to switch over to Kingmaker with ninth-level characters.

I have a Druid 6/Monk 3 with the Zen Archer archetype, and while I have the framework of the build in place, I could use some suggestions on which spells would be useful. I'm a longtime player of druids from 3.5, but still fairly new to PF. What spells are essential for a druid archer?

watchwood
2015-09-11, 08:21 PM
I don't remember what exactly is in the druid spell list, with with a relatively low caster levl you'll want to focus on buffs and spells that don't offer saves, and utility stuff. A few heals wouldn't be terrible either, if you feel like playing the backup healer roll. Longstrider, resist energy, the +stat spells, barksin, air bubble, faerie fire. Probably some others I can't think of offhand.

Teh_das
2015-09-11, 10:30 PM
PF didn't change much about the druid's spellcasting when they ported it over to 3.5. Most of your favorite spells from random splats likely didn't make the update, and wildshape got a rework, but these things happen.

Focus on battlefield control spells, you're going to have 3/4 BAB, so you may have a bit of trouble hitting without them. Entangle and the like will be your bread and butter, as well as things that don't allow a save since you'll have a delayed casting progression.

If your DM is alright with houserules, I like the idea of a druidic Arcane Archer. It lets you throw out spells without losing your arrows, and you would meet the prerequisites by level 8.

Geddy2112
2015-09-15, 04:54 PM
Save spells are fine, since your wisdom will probably be really high, but your caster level will be low, so watch your duration. Buffing spells are your best bet-longstrider is a good low level spell that stacks with your speed bonus. Even though you will primarily use a bow, magic fang can come in handy if you need your fists. Barkskin will help with your AC since you won't wear armor. Cure light wounds is good to have on your list to use as a wand. The animal aspect spells to buff ability scores are okay until you can get stat boosting items. The best thing is, druids know all spells of the spell level they know, and you can just change your spells out as needed. Plenty of the druid spells are situational, but if you have enough time, you can pick spells to match any situation.