PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Securing A Massive Amount of Loot at Level 3

MesiDoomstalker
2015-09-11, 11:10 PM
So, our party just found a masive amount of loot. Something to approximately 2.1 milliong GP at level 3. Theoretically there is more, thats just what we believe is in the first room.

We came into a mountain range known as the Glaciar Mountains. We climbed up one glacier, then climbed down a fissure in the glacier. We found the remnants of a stone town, then a tunnel down further into the glacier. We eventually come into a big chamber similar to the dwarf city from the Hobbit whom's name is escaping me. We got through this chamber to a staircase that led further down into a big room with chunks of ice all over the place. We broke one open and found an ancient gold coin. There are 3 rooms with massive doors that have a strong Illusion Dweomer. Inside the one door we opened were 20 stone chests, which had the same Illusion Dweomer and a strong Evocation Dweomer. We determined the Illusion Dweomer was a very strong Magic Aura effect that shielded the interior from radiating outside. The entire room is so suffused with magic from its contents, its impossible to differientiate individual Dweomers. After a bit of rolling, we got one chest open (after triggering a trap first) and found 20, +2 Keen Dragon's Bane Adamantine Longswords (approx. 35,000 GP each).

The GM has strongly hinted that without the Magic Aura, the weapons (and the other items we have yet to determine) would be a giant glowing beacon, Detect Magic or not. Having more than a few will likely paint targets on our backs. I'm an Incantor (Spheres of Power) and have the Extradimensional Storage Talent, so I have 30 lbs of Extradimensional Storage that is inaccessible to anyone by me (and is likewise undetectable due to being a different plane). I can store 7 of the swords (approx. 245,000 GP, 61,250 per PC).

Assuming we can get back to civilization and liquidate the 7 I can store, is there any easier way to transport a large number of items quickly?

EDIT: The party is me (Incantor), a Cleric, a Barbarian and an Inquisitor 1/Alchemist 2.

meschlum
2015-09-11, 11:28 PM
Portable hole (20,000 gp)? No weight limit, not in the current dimension so no more detectable than usual, plenty of volume.

Planar Binding / Planar Ally for a Lantern Archon (or more), granting Greater Teleport at will with 50lb of material each round. Enough to transfer all the loot to a buyer in not much time at all. Requires other spells / agreements to get to hold on to the stuff - that said, if you're going to make a deal with a paladin order for suitable loot, there shouldn't be any problems. Also consider a scoll of Gate, though the problem is that you're letting the buyer or a third party have access to the loot in either case.

Scroll of Secret Chest, for extra storage capacity? The limit is volume rather than weight, and it's fairly low, but it could be worthwhile. Go whole hog and mix in Magnificient Mansion (lots of space, only you and your allies can use it, but it can't move) or Create Demiplane (toss the loot into the demiplane, go find a buyer, use Create Greater Demiplane to install a portal to the buyer's shop).

The real issue is finding a buyer, and then finding someone with stuff you want to buy afterward.