PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Looking to be as useful during combat as possible

13ones
2015-09-12, 12:37 AM
Good Evening/Morning folks.

I've got a game coming up and I'm hitting a bit of a wall with my character.

I'm going to be part of a 20th level game and I'm playing something a little outside of my comfort zone. I'm playing a Brawler/Slayer hybrid character and as I usually am some sort of full caster I'm rather lost on how to be most effective at as a 20th level melee character. I'm not sure what the rest of the party is bringing to bare but I'm going to assume there will be at least two full casters, a summoner of some kind, and probably one of the 6th level casters [Warpriest or Bard] and possibly one other front line character. But I'm fully expecting to be the sole 'full-frontline' character.

The general idea behind the character is a 1 level dip into the Snakebite Striker to gain Brawler's Cunning as well as an extra 1d6 of Sneak attack to bring the total up to 7d6. I intend to be Two-Weapon fighting and using Greater Feint to get Sneak attacks when/if I'm not flanking with someone. Because of Brawler's Cunning and the Slayer feats I'm no where near as mad as a lot of Two-weapon fighters. I get the majority of my TWF feats through being a Slayer and cunning means I can get Combat Expertise without having a high int.

Basically I'm going to be trying to Ginsu everything in sight. The snag I'm hitting is the GM is known to be a fan of...abstract battlefields. Last time we gamed with him one encounter encompassed four different maps, with all four being different styles [basically portal hopping between rocks and lake area, a battle hall, multi-level tree village, and the shadow plane which was a bunch of platforms centered on a crystal that rotated in chaotic directions every couple of rounds].

So I'm not sure if I'll ever have a straight line between myself and the target, and I may have to spend several actions to actually close in on them. I'm looking for some way to get around this that doesn't revolve around my party casting Fly or DD on me. I want to be as mobile and flexible as possible on the battlefield in case my team is dead or busy with an objective of some kind [or knowing this gm fighting the same boss in an alternate plane]. Please, guide me in the ways of a 20th level martial character.

Nyaa
2015-09-12, 03:20 AM
Please, guide me in the ways of a 20th level martial character.

Define "martial character".

My favorite ways to hit things with pointy sticks at 20:
1) PoW caster(or manifester)/initiator PRCs.
2) Base PoW classes.
3) Aegis.
4) Summoner.
5) CoDoOzilla.
6) Magus or Warpriest.