PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Characters You've Never Played.

Elven Paladin
2007-05-13, 10:14 AM
So, I was wondering who else has had this problem. You make up a character, and decide to play him/her in the next game one of your friends run. But when the game starts, you soon realize that the character won't fit the requirements that your DM has set, or wouldn't really help...or survive in the world. So you put them aside and wait for the next game...and then the next game...and the next...

What I'm basically asking is for people to describe characters that they've never got a chance to play. I'll start with two of mine.

The first is a bard by the name of Heian Silversword who was never played...well, I suppose it's because he was the first character I ever made, and I simply never got the chance to play him.

The other is a wandering swordsman by the name of Salex Versailles, who I've role-played a lot...just never in D&D. He's also very poorly optimized. Think a Monk3/Rogue2/Fighter?...I think he'd be a Swordsage now, but at the time ToB wasn't out, and I still only have core.

So there you go; what characters have you had that have just been too cool to play?

onasuma
2007-05-13, 10:21 AM
This would be where i list more than 20 characters. So just my favourite:
Seth Darkblade:
paladin 10, rouge 5 shadowbane inquisitor 15
Was to be used in an epic campain on these very boards but died out. Ultra devote to the extent of killing anyone he deems non-pure. I never got to play him, but atm i have his younger brother grug a paladin/grey guard, with basically the same moral system

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-05-13, 10:23 AM
LE Kyton/Swordsage13. ECL23 ; master of Shadow Hand and Setting Sun. (Kyton monster class from the Planar Handbook.) My DM allowed me to use my chains when performing the Setting Sun throw maneuvers instead of my hands. So much fun... Improved Bull Rush and Shock Trooper notwithstanding. :smallsmile:

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-05-13, 10:34 AM
Brina, NG Female Human Bard/Ranger/Dark Waltzing (a homebrewed PrC of mine).
Backstory can be read here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2577745&postcount=14).

Chaim, the Father of the Fields, NG Male Human Expert/Druid
Backstory here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2561437&postcount=13).

KIDS
2007-05-13, 12:02 PM
My own dream never come true is Rilliv the Clawdancer. He is a Druid that specializes in special art of combat involving shifting and delicate, precise maneuvers.

His focus is on being a Druid/Dervish, switching to say, a Leopard or Tiger and dancing around the battlefield shredding everything. Add Stunning Fist (Stunning CLAW) and Freezing the Lifeblood for extra fun. It's not something extraordinary in the crunch sense, but when you actually imagine a great cat doing that...mmm....

I never played him because my groups always start at low levels, and he would be very very crippled at low levels which I hate (not that I want to overshadow anyone, but really useless to the group).

Theodoxus
2007-05-13, 12:09 PM
I have a few, but the one that stands out is Blaze Wolfrider. Halfling Ranger/Fighter/Barbarian specialized in the Greatsword, riding on the back of his wolf animal companion.

Hardly optimized, but I can only imagine the amount of fun I'd have with him in the games I participate in (which are also, hardly optimized) :smallsmile:

Rincewind
2007-05-13, 03:21 PM
Ignus Fireborne

Half Fire Elemantal Elf

10 Psionic(Kinetist) / 10 Pyroguy

He would be made of nothing but fire magic :smallcool:

Talya
2007-05-13, 05:03 PM
Any dervish. I LOVE the class. Never have had an opportunity to play one.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-05-13, 05:49 PM
I've made about 40 characters that will never see the light of the gaming table. A few I want to play, though I can't remember most of their names are; A LE human duskblade 5, ur-priest 6 who utilized a scythe in combat. A TN warforged binder 11 who dressed like a hermit but still wore a sword and shield. A CE human wizard 5/demonologist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11253) 6 who I currently use as my avatar and was later made into an NPC. And the one I probably want to use the most is a NE human Nazgūl (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10746) Crusader 3/Cleric 7/Ruby Knight Vidicator 10 (with a bit of flavor change to the class)... He seems to me the most fun.

Harkone
2007-05-13, 05:53 PM
A never-named CG Aasimar-Dwarf Fighter 4/Cleric 2/Holy Liberator 4 with the Leadership feat and a were-wolverine Satyr cohort sidekick. Never got to play him.

Dhavaer
2007-05-13, 07:43 PM
Hayn Lafavel Firae, an elven Paladin of Freedom, whose backstory was written to go into The Burning Plague. Would have been great fun to play...

evil
2007-05-13, 09:44 PM
Half-Ogre Paladin.

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-05-13, 10:09 PM
A self-loathing warforged druid. The DM shot me down when I said "All he wants is to be a real boy!"

Aethir
2007-05-13, 10:33 PM
LG Aasimar, Necromancer 5, Paladin 3

Made a fantastic villain after he fell because of the PC's antagonizing him.

Gungnir
2007-05-13, 10:51 PM
Jen. (http://www.rpgwebprofiler.net/view.php?id=29515)

The concept for the game she was meant for was that the PCs were perfect paragons of their race (Hence those insane ability scores), but were kidnapped by some unknown power, and we were to start the game locked away in a dungeon, were we were being experimented on. Game died before she could get rescued from the torture room. I put a lot of work into her, and shes still the only female character I've made so far.

Erk
2007-05-13, 11:44 PM
Chel the Barbarian.

Read past the first two paragraphs before you claw your eyes out from cliche.

Human barbarian with a mediocre str/dex, high con and int, abysmal wis, average cha.

Chel was raised by the Hill Tribe, where he was one of the strongest youths among his people, and in line (he felt) to become the tribe's next chief. On his seventeenth birthday, he left the tribe on his rite of passage, never to return until he had slain and skinned a lion, armed with nothing but his bare hands.

When he finally returned, bearing the skin of a lion as required, he found his entire tribe dead: brutally slaughtered at the hands of some sort of dark magic. Then and there, he swore upon the blood of his people to hunt down those responsible and visit on them the same fate. He will not rest until his quest is fulfilled.

There is only one problem: no one who has met Chel has ever heard of a "Hill Tribe", and Chel (claiming ignorance of geography and other civilised ways) cannot specifically say where they were from. What they have heard of is a tax collector named Mitchell, who was clubbed over the head by a truculent blacksmith on trying to retrieve the man's tithes. Mitchell was in a coma for six months. When he came to, he screamed something unintelligible about the Witch of Balazanor, and bludgeoned his wife with a nearby loaf of bread (she was never known for her baking skill), knocking her fully unconscious before he fled into the night. "Mitchell" has never been seen since, but in nearby villages, tales of Chel's quest and heroics began right around that time.

What's particularly odd is that while Chel's background was all a comatose dream, he somehow picked up remarkable skill at hunting, foraging and fighting from that dream. Though he can read and figure numbers and access all the skills of his past life, he pretends (even to himself) to be incapable of it.

Chel the Barbarian.

ArmorArmadillo
2007-05-14, 12:07 AM
Human Totemist, raised near a lake by a magical Catfish, who's Earthquakes had unintentionally destroyed her home town as a child.

The_Chilli_God
2007-05-14, 02:13 AM
Xak-Tsunix, the Flying Fist.

Concept for him is a Dwarf Swashbuckler 1 / Barbarian 4 / Reaping Mauler 3, that either killes his enemies with his axe, or (especially when against ogres) wrestling them to death with his fists.
Later revised to a Dwarf Monk 3 / Barbarian 5, with much of the same concept going for him.

Long story short, basically cast out of his dwarven society for his beliefs about dwarves and monks in general, and hates ogres for some very strange reason.

Heck, Xak-Tsunix is even an award (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=733303)-winning (http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php?p=10738867&postcount=107) PC, (http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php?p=10590365&postcount=40) and I still haven't found the perfect place to play him properly!

NEO|Phyte
2007-05-14, 02:21 AM
A human ghost Monk/Master of the Unseen Hand/Reaping Mauler.

Yay for grappling things to death at 1200'.

Fishy
2007-05-14, 02:44 AM
Fey Variant Bard 1 / Urban Variant Ranger 4 / Chameleon 2

Favored Enemy isn't just about combat, it also gives a boost to Sense Motive and Bluff. Take your first Favored Enemy as Humanoid(Human), use the bonus feat from Chameleon on Extra Favored Enemy for whatever species or organization you think you'll be dealing with that day, and you have a freakin' social *predator*. Putting skill points into Bluff, Disguise and Sense Motive means you're hurting your wilderness survivaly skills, but you also get a war-trained riding dog at level 1 who can do most of your non-urban Tracking.

Plus, Favored Enemy Power Attack against the enemy of your choice each day, so.

Of course a lot of the specifics of this require DM approval, so I have a lot of variations on that theme in my head, but making the most out of his 2 per day Prestidigitation is a large part of it, obv.

Neon Knight
2007-05-14, 09:30 AM
Unnamed Human Fighter. Used a repeating crossbow and lots of grenade type weapons. Basically used tactics akin to those used by modern soldiers.

I love anachronisms.