PDA

View Full Version : Is this game worth it?

bobmonkeyq
2007-05-13, 11:11 AM
I have some money and nothing better to spend it on, so I was wondering if the game is any good.

Amotis
2007-05-13, 09:00 PM
Do you:

a) have a gaming group
b) have a gaming group who reads oots
c) have a time (2-6 hours) and place (large table)
d) like board games like risk and munchkin

If so; sure.

bobmonkeyq
2007-05-13, 09:23 PM
well I have c and d. I've always like playing board games by myself, so I'm sure I wouldn't mind that much. Plus I have.... 1 friend who reads OotS. I'm sure I could get people to play it at a party or somethin'.:smallsmile:

Amotis
2007-05-13, 09:33 PM
well I have c and d. I've always like playing board games by myself, so I'm sure I wouldn't mind that much. Plus I have.... 1 friend who reads OotS. I'm sure I could get people to play it at a party or somethin'.:smallsmile:

It does have a bit of outside (not in) jokes that appeals to others that don't read oots. Personal experiance tells me this.

It's not so much a party game...it's more of a nerdy in crowd humor, but it's fun. It does have a target audiance, keep that in mind.

Foucault
2007-05-14, 05:50 PM
I got the game a while ago and enjoy it very much. One thing to keep in mind is time. Especially when you start out you're games will take much longer than the listed time. I wouldn't suggest as a party game for that reason, and theres not much to amuse lookers on aside from the funny things on the cards. And the players need those cards, so they can't look at them.

As for Non-OotS readers it plays fine. I was the only reader of OotS in both groups I played with and the game started most of them reading OotS faithfully.