PDA

View Full Version : Warforged and Wildshape

Jeargroth
2015-09-12, 02:26 PM
Ok, tried Googling this answer to no avail...

Warforged with their better plating Adamantine, Mithral, Cold iron etc... when they Wildshape they keep that natural Armour bonus to AC. Which has been stated and quoted from Races of Eberron. I have the book. It doesn't explain very well however the mechanics... all the Body feats impose a penalty to Dex and skills. So how does that work when wildshaped. Especially when you wildshape into a High Dex creature? Or even creatures of great strength and you try a Jump or strength based skill. Need some input on this one please.

thanks

jok
2015-09-12, 03:36 PM
Its not natural armor, just armor. Permanent armor with the added rule that it carries through wildshapde.

To me it looks like you would treet it exactly as the new form wearing that armor. So max dex, max speed etc still apply.

Jeargroth
2015-09-12, 07:21 PM
So if the armour penalties apply, then an Adamantine Body Warforged could not fly. Correct? Following the rules I just found on Barding... Flight in Medium or Heavy Armour prevents an animal from flight. Mithril body is considered Light armour so while it would have restricted movement it would still be able to fly.

As for creatures Wildshaped into that have a higher than 30 base land speed they would follow Barding rules? So restricted to 2/3 their base to the nearest 5' increment rounded down?

Taveena
2015-09-12, 08:28 PM
So if the armour penalties apply, then an Adamantine Body Warforged could not fly. Correct? Following the rules I just found on Barding... Flight in Medium or Heavy Armour prevents an animal from flight. Mithril body is considered Light armour so while it would have restricted movement it would still be able to fly.

As for creatures Wildshaped into that have a higher than 30 base land speed they would follow Barding rules? So restricted to 2/3 their base to the nearest 5' increment rounded down?

A Warforged with Adamantine Body cannot use Wildshape at all, actually. Assumin' you were using a variant druid with relaxed Wildshape rules (or going into that one Druid/Bard PrC)... then you can still fly, provided the weight of your gear is still under a Light Load for you. "A creature with a fly speed can move through the air at the indicated speed if carrying no more than a light load. (Note that medium armor does not necessarily constitute a medium load.)"

If you want to be a Warforged Druid - and I mean druid-druid, not Urban Druid or whatever - then you're gonna need to take Ironwood Body or stick with basic Composite Plating.

Jeargroth
2015-09-12, 09:36 PM
Actually looking at using the Ranger UA variant so I should be able to do Adamantine Armour... I do have an Idea for a Warforged Druid, but that is another thread.

DrMotives
2015-09-13, 12:48 AM
You could take "reinforced wings" from Races of the Dragon. That'll let you fly with either medium armor or a medium load. I don't think there's an upgrade to heavy armor though.

torrasque666
2015-09-13, 01:42 AM
Heavyweight wings brah

Andezzar
2015-09-13, 03:15 AM

You could take "reinforced wings" from Races of the Dragon. That'll let you fly with either medium armor or a medium load. I don't think there's an upgrade to heavy armor though.There is no general rule preventing flight while wearing heavy armor, generally flying is only impossible while carrying a medium or heavier load. There are however some specific abilities that prohibit flying in armor. So unless you gain flight from one of those abilities (e.g. Rainbow Servant 4) the feats are unnecessary.
A creature with a fly speed can move through the air at the indicated speed if carrying no more than a light load. (Note that medium armor does not necessarily constitute a medium load.)