PDA

View Full Version : Super strength... and ungodly constitution.

Jeargroth
2015-09-12, 09:27 PM
Still Digging for Villans for an up coming Campaign... found a thread on Strength and the Hulk... Now i saw a build that seems to make sense but I just don't know how it works.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?300011-Godly-Strength-Sources-of-Strength-in-d-amp-d

The basic idea here is simple: be strong without increasing size or becoming a caster. A real barbarian build - simple, focused on Strength, but viable till high levels.

I use the Wild template from Dragon #306, Water Orcs from Unearthed Arcana, and the Proto-Creature template (+0 LA!) from Bestiary of Krynn for a total of +10 Strength on a medium sized orc.

The next bit is Primal Rager, a PrC from Dragon #295. Their trick is that they can sacrifice one round of rage duration to gain another +1 to Strength and Con. Add in Extended Rage from Complete Warrior and you offset this nicely, to create a character who receives +1 BaB/level alongside +1 Str/Con during rage. Add a dash of Power Attack and, if you can afford the feats through flaws, Steadfast Determination to solidify the build's Will save, and you've got a serious tank who can plow all the way through 20 without too much trouble.

RACE: Proto-Creature Wild Water Orc

The best part? Green skin and hair. The HULK, baby. “Don’t make me angry … you wouldn’t LIKE me when I’m angry …”

Lion Totem Barbarian 6/Primal Rager 1/Barbarian 11

Str: 65 (+27) = 18 (base) +10 (race) + 4 (feats) + 8 (rage) + 5 (levels) + 20 (primal)
Con: 52 (+21) = 16 (base) + 4 (race) + 4 (feats) + 8 (rage) + 20 (primal)

Keep in mind, these values don't include equipment. Throw on another +5 for a Tome and a +6 enhancement item, and you're looking at a 76 Strength (+33) and a 62 Constitution (+26).

FEATS:
Reckless Rage (1st)
Khyber’s Fury (flaw),
Extended Rage (flaw),
Iron Will (3rd),
Endurance (6th),
Steadfast Determination (9th),
Extended Rage (12th),
Extended Rage (15th),
Extended Rage (18th)

Of course, Khyber's Fury (from a Dragon Mag - not sure which, off-hand) could be swapped out to avoid being evil, and would open up Power Attack, which would dramatically improve damage. If the goal isn't PURE Strength, but functionality, drop the first two feats and add Power Attack and another Extended Rage.

Another possibility, if you don't mind losing the Lion Totem from Complete Champion (give up POUNCE - are you MAD?!), would be to be Bear Totem from Unearthed Arcana. Improved Grapple and +2 to rounds to rage duration is nice.

Again, a simple, streamlined build, that allows you to be heroic (there's something awesome about a tiny hero smiting the ever-loving CRAP out of a dragon).

The numbers make sense, but I don't know how he/she is getting them all. To work together.

Help