PDA

View Full Version : Player Help More ideas how to improve?

theboss
2015-09-13, 01:56 AM
So i came up with this melee build with necropolitan template- Pathfinder Fighter 13, 1 Crausder, 2 Champion of C.L 2, Swashbuckler 3.
which all this muilt-classing gives me:
Awesome saves.
Dex to damage and Int to damage.*EDIT*: as well as Str.
Undead traits.
Necropolitan resistance.

My feats are:
1.TWF
2.Improved TWF
3.Greater TWF
4.Combat Expertise
5.Improved Trip
6.WF (longsword)
7.GWF (longsword)
8.WS (longsword)
9.GWS (longsword)
10.Melee weapon mastery (slashing)
11.Close quarting fightning
12.Mounted Comabt
13.Dodge
14.Imporved Thoughness(undead =low HP)
15.Knock-Down.

AC: 10 + 8(mithreal full plate) +7(dex)+4(enchament)+4(deflection)+4(natural)=37.
So... Any other ideas how to improve?

thanks in advance.

Andezzar
2015-09-13, 03:04 AM
WP, WS etc. usually are not worth a feat. Improved trip does not work with a longsword, so you would still have to make an unarmed attack which provokes an AoO (not for tripping but for making an unarmed attack)

Close quarters fighting is very situational, unless your DM spams grapplers I would not bother with it. You also only have one AoO per round.

Depending on your mount, its equipment and investment in the ride skill, mounted combat might not do much. Only if the skill check exceeds your mounts AC will the feat do anything.

theboss
2015-09-13, 09:21 AM
WP, WS etc. usually are not worth a feat. Improved trip does not work with a longsword, so you would still have to make an unarmed attack which provokes an AoO (not for tripping but for making an unarmed attack)

Close quarters fighting is very situational, unless your DM spams grapplers I would not bother with it. You also only have one AoO per round.

Depending on your mount, its equipment and investment in the ride skill, mounted combat might not do much. Only if the skill check exceeds your mounts AC will the feat do anything.

No mount, i have this feat because Champion of C.L. Close quarting fighting is pretty good.
And why longsword doesnt work with improved trip? Is it also true with Knock-Down feat?
WF,WS and so on are prequirement to other good feats, and my speciality is doing damage- about 300 per round.

EDIT: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Improved_Trip

Andezzar
2015-09-13, 09:54 AM
Close quarting fighting is pretty good.What for? Unless someone tries to grapple you, it does nothing.

And why longsword doesnt work with improved trip? Is it also true with Knock-Down feat?I got something mixed up there. To start the trip you have to make an unarmed melee touch attack. That is not an attack with a longsword. With Improved Trip you do not incur an AoO, but you do not get all the bonuses that may be on the longsword either. This only works with special tripping weapons (like bolas or a spiked chain).
You do get a trip attempt if you have the knock-down feat and deal at least 10 damage.

WF,WS and so on are prequirement to other good feats, and my speciality is doing damage- about 300 per round.Which good feats?
Without serious investment in INT, STR and DEX boosting items, I don't see those numbers.

theboss
2015-09-13, 10:43 AM
What for? Unless someone tries to grapple you, it does nothing.

I got something mixed up there. To start the trip you have to make an unarmed melee touch attack. That is not an attack with a longsword. With Improved Trip you do not incur an AoO, but you do not get all the bonuses that may be on the longsword either. This only works with special tripping weapons (like bolas or a spiked chain).
You do get a trip attempt if you have the knock-down feat and deal at least 10 damage.

Which good feats?
Without serious investment in INT, STR and DEX boosting items, I don't see those numbers.

Str:24; Dex:24; Int:19.
Feats add me 6 to damage and 4 to attack.
Pathfinder fighter add 3 to damage and attack(stack).
Two weapons with Collsion enchament...
8 attacks (boots of speed).... you see?
EDIT:* that gives me: +7(str), +7(dex),+4(int),+6(GWS,MWM),+3(fighter),+5 (collison),+1 (enchament)=33. not including the actual weapon damage which with Stronhorn braces its(2d6*8=16d6)....
Full attack damage: 33*8=264 +16d6(3.5*16)=56+(8d6 (vampiric))=28+8(enchanment)=264+56+28+8=356(Avera ge).

And about close quarting fighting, im pretty bad at graplling so i took this feat, do you have another better ides?
And now for the main question: What are my weak points? if you were sent to slay me, what would you do?

Vegan Zombie
2015-09-13, 11:11 AM
Just FYI, dandwiki is very unreliable as it's full of unlabelled home brew, consider using the straight SRD instead

EDIT: how would I slay you? Tough to say without seeing your equipment, but battlefield control and mobility spring to mind. Can't kill what you can't hit.

Andezzar
2015-09-13, 12:05 PM
And about close quarting fighting, im pretty bad at graplling so i took this feat, do you have another better ides?Some form of Freedom of Movement or Conjurer 1 for abrupt jaunt. A level of Conjurer is much better than the 13th fighter level.

And now for the main question: What are my weak points? if you were sent to slay me, what would you do?Forcecage, imprisonment, optimized turning, CHA/INT/WIS damage or drain, disintegrate are a few ideas that come to mind.

theboss
2015-09-13, 02:38 PM
Forcecage, imprisonment, optimized turning, CHA/INT/WIS damage or drain, disintegrate are a few ideas that come to mind.

Forgot that i have Improved Turn resistance which stacks with the necropolitan resistance- both add me a total of +6... not so easy to rebuke me...
About Abillites drain- immune (undead traits).
Disintegrate works on everyone -_- moreover, try to pass my fort save... (About 23), and forcecage is a stupid spell, that seriously needs to be banned, not talking about my dimison door wand...

Any other stuff that actully works good on me and not on everyone else?

Vegan Zombie
2015-09-13, 02:46 PM
Again, more information is needed on your build. Stats, gear, maneuvers known, etc. are you using both pathfinder and 3.5? Are you getting Charisma to HP/Fort from pathfinder undead traits?

EDIT: also just noticed your +7 Dex bonus to AC in your op, can only get +3 with Mithral full plate

Andezzar
2015-09-13, 02:58 PM
About Abillites drain- immune (undead traits).Undead are only immune to damage or drain of their physical abilities (STR/DEX/CON). INT/CHA/WIS can be damaged, unless the power allows a fortitude save and does not work on objects.