PDA

View Full Version : Making Vampire hunter D

RingofThorns
2015-09-13, 04:16 AM
I was reading some of the Vampire Hunter D novels the other day and I got the idea to try and roll him out as an actual character in DnD so I was wondering if anyone had any helpful ideas on it. DnD 3.5 would be the system I would prefer and then see if maybe I could use him in a game the next time we run one.

NevinPL
2015-09-13, 06:01 AM
Vampire Hunter Armor (A&EG),
Styptic armor property (MIC),
Undead hunter PRC's, feats, spell, items (LM, CD, CC)

Aleolus
2015-09-13, 08:45 AM
Don't forget the Half-Vampire template, from Libris Mortis iirc

The Viscount
2015-09-13, 08:56 AM
Half Vampire will indeed give you some neat stuff, but the LA hurts a bit. In terms of classes, warblade to start might be nice with Diamond Mind/ Iron Heart bent. The Vampire Hunter feat from LM is a nice addition.

Bronk
2015-09-13, 09:53 AM
For me, the main points would be covering D's status as the best fighter in the world, his access to and immunity to crazy futuristic tech, and "Left Hand".

I'd go with D being an epic (best in the world) half vampire (he's a half vampire) Warblade (favors big flashy moves), gestalted with sorcerer (to account for the tech), with a symbiont that doubles as his epic familiar (Left Hand) that has a number of epic 'familiar spell' abilities (to account for it's crazy elemental and magic sucking powers).

He'll also have a clockwork steed, a bag of holding filled with fake blood capsules, a giant one handed adamantine sun blade, and a pendant that serves as a personal ranged antimagic(and tech) field.