PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Spheres of Power] Spellcrafting Creations

Vhaidara
2015-09-13, 07:04 AM
So, I figured I'd put up a thread for people to share what they've built with the Spellcrafting system for Spheres of Power. I'll start off with a pair of spells I wrote during my reread of the Dresden Files

As a note, I've found Control Weather to be an awesome base for big AoE effects

Base Sphere Ability: Control Weather (1 spell point) [I went with wind, but precipitation could fit as well]
Additional Abilities
Dark Sphere: Disorienting Darkness (1 spell point, 1 complexity)
Light Sphere: Blinding Light, Hypnotic Light (2 spell points, 2 complexity)
GM Request: Duration shortened to concentration (-1 complexity)
End result: 5 spell points, full round action cast, concentration duration, Medium radius AoE with the following effects
Fort vs Blind every round (dazzled on a successful save)
Will vs fascinated (new save every round, immune after successful save, hostile action breaks, +2 on save if already in combat)
Will vs Disorientation (roll 1d8, moving clockwise around from their intended direction to determine which way they actually move)
on top of Control Weather

Base Sphere Ability: Control Weather (1 spell point) [Wind, aimed towards the ground, which i think is legal]
Additional Abilities
Destructive Force Blast (1 spell point [CL damage], 2 complexity)
Air Blast (1 complexity)
GM Request: Duration drop to concentration (-1 complexity)
End Result: 2 spell points, full round action, concentration duration, Medium radius AoE, with the following effects
CLd6 force damage per round
Reflex vs prone
Bull Rush vs each enemy in the area, aimed downwards (into the ground)
Plus downward pushing winds

stack
2015-09-13, 08:40 AM
I'll drop this post to track the thread and come back with some of mine when I am at a computer instead of a phone.

base is destructive blast with the crystal blast type and the sphere shape, 1 SP, standard action, rnd/level duration
Add steal time (a base sphere for +2 complexity, since it is a (time) effect), +1 SP for the talent
complexity +2
total complexity 2, +1 casting time, +1 SP
Cost 3 SP, casting time full round action

base ability ward (barrier)+greater barrier, duration concentration, 1 SP, concentration duration

add spell ward talent, +1 complexity for adding a talent, +1 SP since spell ward costs an SP

Cost 2 SP, casting time full round, duration concentration
Doesn't work with a wall-shaped ward, obviously.

alteration, size change, encompassing light, duration minutes/level, cost 1 SP, gain 1 actual size increase +1/5 CL up to huge and 1 virtual size+1/10 CL, no cap

stack
2015-09-15, 07:15 AM
For reference, any AOE, especially with a duration, is awesome for adding steal time to. Haven't worked out the details, but entangling darkness + steal time (maybe toss in disorienting darkness for fun) would be a wicked lock-down. Even worse if you add the Con-damaging darkness option. Hold them in place until they fail enough saves to be totally hosed.