PDA

View Full Version : spell slots

samduke
2015-09-13, 12:17 PM
in the great world of spells there are spell slots This discussion is strictly for this particular subject.
for the sake of this discussion we will have access to level 0 and level 1 spell slots only

now how would you by RAW gain access to at the very least 4th level spell slots without any further class levels.
feats and other cheese are fine as long as it is by RAW ( nothing from dragon/dungeon magazines ).

Heighten Spell requires access to the spell slot to get there so, itself does not work.
what other possible ways are there?

GilesTheCleric
2015-09-13, 12:34 PM
I think there's a thread called something like "12 feats to 9th level spells" or something. As I recall, it involved using several Extra Slot feats, that feat that lets you combine multiple lower-level spells into a higher-level one, and Sanctum Spell to ratchet your way upward.

samduke
2015-09-13, 12:53 PM
I think there's a thread called something like "12 feats to 9th level spells" or something. As I recall, it involved using several Extra Slot feats, that feat that lets you combine multiple lower-level spells into a higher-level one, and Sanctum Spell to ratchet your way upward.

well if you remember what the thread was called or find a link that would be great.

Versatile Spellcaster: You can use two spell slots of the same level to cast a spell you know that is one level higher
Issue it does not actually grant that higher spell slot.

Sanctum Spell: has an effective spell level 1 higher than its normal level if cast in your sanctum
Issue it does not actually grant that higher spell slot.

Extra Slot: You gain one extra spell slot in your daily allotment, at any level up to one lower than the highest level of spell you can currently cast
Issue it does not solve getting to that higher slot

nedz
2015-09-13, 12:58 PM
Elf Generalist Wizard + Versatile Spellcaster gets you 9ths by Induction.

Versatile Spellcaster allows you to combine 2 spells of level x into 1 of level x+1
Elf Generalist Wizard ACF gives you an extra spell slot of your highest level available
Iterate

samduke
2015-09-13, 01:11 PM
Versatile Spellcaster allows you to combine 2 spells of level x into 1 of level x+1

please by all means do explain just exactly how you get this done without the higher level spell slot available?

nedz
2015-09-13, 01:16 PM
please by all means do explain just exactly how you get this done without the higher level spell slot available?

Not an issue.

What is an issue is having a spell to put in that slot, but you can use Heighten Spell for that.

samduke
2015-09-13, 01:19 PM
Not an issue.

What is an issue is having a spell to put in that slot, but you can use Heighten Spell for that.

in order to have a 1st level spell Heighten to 2nd level you must have the 2nd level spell slot
in order to have Versatile Spellcaster take 2 - 1st level spells and have a 2nd level spell you must have the 2nd level spell slot.

I see nothing in these feats that grant the spell slot

nedz
2015-09-13, 01:53 PM
in order to have a 1st level spell Heighten to 2nd level you must have the 2nd level spell slot
in order to have Versatile Spellcaster take 2 - 1st level spells and have a 2nd level spell you must have the 2nd level spell slot.

I see nothing in these feats that grant the spell slot

I see nothing in these feats that require the bolded section.

Troacctid
2015-09-13, 02:44 PM
Heighten Spell + Versatile Spellcaster (level 2) + Earth Sense + Earth Spell (level 3) + Improved Sigil: Krau (level 4) + Snowcasting (level 5) + Sanctum Spell (level 6)

That's 6th level spells with only 1st level spell slots.

samduke
2015-09-13, 06:30 PM
IF all is true with that which is said about those feats then, the following should work by RAW

PRC Qualification
Spells: Able to cast 3rd-level arcane spells

Versatile Spellcaster (level 1) + Naenhoon - Heighten Spell [Metamagic] (level 2) + Naenhoon - Sanctum Spell) [Metamagic] (level 3) <uses a spell slot of the spell's normal level>