PDA

View Full Version : Other Half-Orcs?

Sqmach
2015-09-13, 04:13 PM
We're all familiar with the standard half-orcs that are orc/human mixes, but what I'm wondering is what other half-orc options exist?(and preferably where I can find them) I know you could simply template an orc with any of the half-x templates, but I'm wondering if any pre-statted non-templated orc/x mixes exist, or if perhaps there is a half-orc template out there that I'm missing?

Psyren
2015-09-13, 04:48 PM
Pathfinder Half-Orcs (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/half-orc) receive a number of potential racial features you can mix, match and swap out to create new subraces or backgrounds. Some of the example ones given in the link above are Mystic Half-Orcs, Feral Half-Orcs and Arena-Bred Half-Orcs, and of course you can make your own.

Using that you could fluff in some of the other races like an orc-elf hybrid.

Afgncaap5
2015-09-13, 04:57 PM
I don't know of many off the top of my head, but I know about the Orog, which is a kind of orc/ogre hybrid. I don't have access to anything with stats for it, but according to a quick Google search I did you can find stats in...

Races of Faerun p.72
Tome of Horrors P.210
Tome of Horrors revisited p289

...so, that might help if the page sources are correct.

One of these days my players will encounter my homebrewed half-elf/half-orc creature, and all of its highly applied, super finessed brute strength.

hamishspence
2015-09-13, 05:00 PM
It's in Races of Faerun - but there, it is simply a "deep orc" subrace, with no reference to ogre blood.

atemu1234
2015-09-13, 07:59 PM
I don't know of many off the top of my head, but I know about the Orog, which is a kind of orc/ogre hybrid. I don't have access to anything with stats for it, but according to a quick Google search I did you can find stats in...

Races of Faerun p.72
Tomb of Horrors P.210
Tomb of Horrors revisited p289

...so, that might help if the page sources are correct.

One of these days my players will encounter my homebrewed half-elf/half-orc creature, and all of its highly applied, super finessed brute strength.

*cough* tome *cough*

Afgncaap5
2015-09-13, 10:03 PM
*cough* tome *cough*

That's what I get for just copy/pasting Google searches and not typing it myself. Thanks! I'll correct this...

Red Fel
2015-09-14, 07:37 PM
Frostblood Orcs and Half-Orcs are a variant from Dragon Magic. There's no LA change, but they get resistance to Cold, vulnerability to Fire, and Endurance as a bonus feat. The bonus feat is meh, but if they get Endurance from any other source, they can swap it out for any feat for which they qualify - so, you know, bonus to Rangers. They also get the Dragonblood subtype, which is awesome, plus some fantastic flavor (their ancestors fed on the blood of White Dragons).

I mean, it's a Half-Orc with a free feat and a bonus subtype, it's kind of a strict upgrade.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-09-14, 07:48 PM
Frostblood Half-Orcs make for some pretty decent Sword of the Arcane Order ranger (even more mystic ranger since they get endurance at 4th level, allowing for an immediate swap to SotAO).

Now I want to play one >_>

atemu1234
2015-09-16, 09:32 AM
That's what I get for just copy/pasting Google searches and not typing it myself. Thanks! I'll correct this...

Not a problem. I wouldn't know if I didn't own the books involved.

Telonius
2015-09-16, 10:08 AM
I think there were a couple of half-orc races in Bastards and Bloodlines. It is third party, and I'm away from my books at the moment so I can't check for sure.

J-H
2015-09-16, 10:30 AM
In B&B, there's a Hag/Orc crossbreed (Wretch, LA+3, +6 str, +2 int/con/wis, -4 CHA) and three giant/orc (or giant/human) crosses (+X str, +2 con/cha, -2 dex, and one with a -2 INT; LAs 5-7).

Darrin
2015-09-16, 10:36 AM
Frostblood Half-Orcs make for some pretty decent Sword of the Arcane Order ranger (even more mystic ranger since they get endurance at 4th level, allowing for an immediate swap to SotAO).

I like adding Dragonborn of Bahumat afterward. Lose Endurance, keep the bonus feat. You can also swap Track for Dragon Tail (opening up Multiweapon Fighting with Prehensile Tail) or Dragon Wings (breath weapon and flight with Improved Dragon Wings).

Ruethgar
2015-09-16, 01:25 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?238557-Voldur-Half-elf-half-orc-(3-5)-If-you-read-it-you-ll-want-to-play-it-Promise

One of my favorite half orcs. It is homebrew but still.